PDA

View Full Version : How do you play a custom quest?

Alzabo
12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I have no idea how you play a custom quest...

ShadowTiger
12-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Be sure to check the various sticky threads in the forums for useful information. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=59715)

Alzabo
12-05-2004, 08:22 PM
thanks I finally figured it out on my own hehe

Miles
12-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I am a newbie as well... and sad to say, the stickys aren't helping that much. when I try and load a quest, it asks me for a password. Am I going in the completely wrong direction? someone take pity on this newb... 'guide me by the hand' as it were... please? ^_^;

VEL
12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I am a newbie as well... and sad to say, the stickys aren't helping that much. when I try and load a quest, it asks me for a password. Am I going in the completely wrong direction? someone take pity on this newb... 'guide me by the hand' as it were... please? ^_^;

If it asks for a password, you are using the wrong program. "zquest" is the editor, you need to open it in the one called "zelda" .

*b*
12-06-2004, 10:05 PM
or, 'zelda-w'. ZQuest allows you to edit and crete your quest, while Zelda plays them. maybe that should be added to a sticky topic, just to clarify?

Lita
12-07-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm looking for even more clarity here...lol

I'm new here, obviously. I'm just finding out about custom quests not included in my original download. But I too, am having a bit of a problem figuring out how to load them.

I got the new download quest (demoex) into my Zelda files. As in it does show when I hit the A button for a different quest. But it won't let me get past the "not a valid quest screen". I tried what was in that earlier post and still no go. when I close that window it just gives me the next quest on the list. Granted, I may not be understanding something.

Anyway... If someone could clue me in on how I'm not holding my mouth right? Was I wrong in putting it in my Zelda files? Am I opening wrong by treating it like the other customs that were with the original download? what?@!? :laughing:

I may be an older person here, but this old dog can learn if someone will be patient with her. Even if she is asking dumb questions. :(

Thanks in advance for any mercy and help I get. :)

Drakmyth
12-08-2004, 01:10 AM
If it's giving you a "not a valid quest" screen then that means the quest is either corrupted, not a quest file, or something else I don't know about. If the quest is corrupted, there isn't much you can do except download another quest. If the extension on the quest isn't .qst (which I think it has to be to show up in the Zelda player) then it's probably not a quest file (and if it is then whoever made it had no idea what they were doing and it probably isn't that great anyway). Basically you should just try downloading a different quest. If you managed to get to the "not a valid quest" screen then chances are it's a quest problem, not something you're doing.

*b*
12-08-2004, 01:27 AM
demoex? that isn't a quest I'm familliar with... try downloading a quest from the database at zeldaclassic.com, like "The Revenge" by PrinceMSC, and see if that works. also, does it give you that same error message when you start a regular quest?

Lita
12-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Elder and Drakmyth,

First, thank you both so very much for trying to help me.

Now, the first quest I tried to do was from another site. Someone had worked a bit with the demo.qst to make it a bit easier and I wanted to try it. Anyway, I thought of the same thing. Maybe it was the quest.

So, I downloaded one from this site (Castle Haunt). Only, the same thing happened. I get it to go to the Zelda Classic file... but when I try to start it it shows me the "error: Invalid Quest File".

Finally, my old brain got a clue. The Version! I'm on 1.9 and though I'm not sure about the demoex.qst. The Castle Haunt did say for 1.92. Duh!

Sorry guys. Sometimes my wants or desires gets ahead of my reasoning. I knew that crap! I guess I was just so excited to find all these new quests I got ahead of myself. In my defense, I'm an old head, therefore fewer brain cells I guess... :rolleyes:

So, I'll stick to paying attention to versions for a while until I can peck around and find the 1.92 so I can play those others as well.

again, thank ya'll so much for posting a reply and trying to help me out.

Ya'll have a Happy Holiday!

Freedom
12-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Zelda Classic Downloads (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/downloads.php?PHPSESSID=06d42d68a137477ffe32219690 db920c#zc)

The 192b183 is the most used beta