PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds - Letter

SarahJane
12-04-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm up to level 8, but didn't find the letter yet. Where can I get it?!?

DarkFlameWolf
12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
In the Master Dome. :)

Phoenix :p
12-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Er, I wanted to ask you something, DarkFlameWolf: is the letter really useful? When I found it, I could use the Goron shop, the Zora shop and the Witch's Hut, but I did not need any of the items that they had to offer! Anyway, it did not reduce all the fun I had in the Master Dome :)

Ah yeah, the way you beat the boss to get the Mirror Shield is simply awesome!!! One of the the funniest in the game!

DarkFlameWolf
12-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Yes, it is useful in one sense, all those shops you mentioned sell the BEST items for the LOWEST prices possible! I mean, the magic shield for 20 rupees?!?!?! A red potions for 20?! Bait for 15?! Its insane prices. Furthermore, the Witch's Hut is the only shop in the game that sells the coveted Master Key (the true prize of the Master Dome) for a whopping 950 rupees! Hope you've been saving up!

As for the mirror shield boss, I thought it would be cute to face the only enemy that required (sort of) the mirror shield to beat. ;)

12-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Yep, I agree with the prices, they are quite low. However, at this stage of the game, everybody must have found the Mirror Shield, right? And I had been saving up keys, so that I had enough to open all the doors that were in my way. The magic Key was decorative. ;) Ah, and another thing, you hid the Flame Boomerang QUITE well! It is the very last tresure that I could find! And by the way, can you enter the Windmill in Link's town, or is it here for scenario purposes only (after a certain Level 8)?

DarkFlameWolf
12-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Last item found? you sure you didn't find the golden arrow yet? As for the windmill, its only for scenario purposes. ;)

timewarp44
12-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi, didn't quite know whether to start a new thingy or just ask this in someone elses?

I've just started Isle of Winds. It's great! Love the graphics.

Can anyone help me with finding the bracelet? I still haven't found level 2 yet. But I'm wondering if the bracelet would help me move around better to find it. I did find the white sword, but since hint was "when your strong enough to pick it up" I thought I needed the bracelet?

Thanks for any help on either of my questions. And if you wanted to be really nice ... both questions? Also, if ya'll just give hints - could you make them good ones? I'm not that good at this :(

DarkFlameWolf
12-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Bracelet isn't found until level 3, so don't worry about it for level 2. And 'strong' enough means having 5 hearts in your life meter. Strong enough on death island means 12 hearts.

timewarp44
12-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks! I should have guess that about the hearts.

Now, Can I be like... pushy guys? And ask where level 2 is? You don't have to give me exacts... just the island? I know it's west thanks to the lady at the end of 1. But theres 5 islands west of there...lol. And I have been searching. But Death Island is all but undoable right now. And swamp is scary too...lol. Though I have tried. I really have. I did find level 3 but apparently don't have whats needed to complete. I think I'm going to have to get that white sword first. Those little blue guys (soliders?) are tough. Like the original Zelda when you couldn't hit them head on. I hated those guys! lol Even worse than wizzards! lol Well, thanks in advance for a heads up on what island level two is on.

virenwarrior
12-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Level 2 is on Forest Island, timewarp. Actually, I'm stuck in Level 2...

timewarp44
12-12-2004, 09:39 PM
thanks viren. I found it! I guess like you though I'm stuck. LOTS of things! Those little cracked blocks respond to nothing. Not even super bombs! And there was another room where I guess I needed the magic boomerang cause mine wouldn't reach. I assume the magic boomerang is for sell somewhere so I'm off to find it now. I mean, I still have to figure out the blocks but at least I can try some more of the rooms first. Anyone in here know about the cracked blocks?

Cepat
12-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Did you try to burn the blocks with the lantern?

12-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Timewarp, there are *wooden* blocks, which are brown-yellow or something. Burn them with the lamp!!! The magic boomerang is inside level 2; it is not very worth it to buy the wooden one for 100 rupees in the forest shop.
And the blue soldiers must be the Darknuts. There is a way of hitting them even when they arrive straight on you: just face the wall you are next to (well, this is not the most efficient method, but I do not want to make things complicated now, you will figure out yourself the best strategy to adopt), and draw your sword when the Darknut is very very close to you. When he arrives in the tile you are in, HE will be hurt. And while he flashes, he cannot hurt you. Or, if you've got the hammer, ;) just stomp him (lol)

DarkFlameWolf
12-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Boomerangs - Crystal Switches
Bombs/Super Bombs - Cracked Blocks, Big Jugs
Bow/Arrow - Eyeball Statues
Lantern - Yellow Wood Blocks/Empty Lamps
Whistle - Whistle Tiles
Wand - Wall Ornaments/Empty Lamps
Hookshot - White Blocks/Stumpy Bushes
Hammer - Posts/Pumping Moles

Does that help?

timewarp44
12-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Does that help?

Wow! Thank you Thank you! lololol and Merry Christmas to you too!@ I saw that you're the guy that wrote this. It's a great game. :D

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I came back to edit some stuff. Hadn't gotten a reply and since I did finally get through level 2.... so it was just taking up space.

As I was looking through the archives I noticed a LOT of people getting stuck with some of the same things and same areas. I guess DarkFlame, and some others... are about tired of hearing about these things huh? Since they were back to the summer months! As in, same things over and over.

Well, I guess for my part. I need to try harder before giving up and asking questions? But on the other hand. I would have never made it through had I not read some of these posts. So I am thankful for you guys and your help.

I'll keep on playing till I get stuck again. But I agree with some earlier posts. This is a hard game. This guy? must really be good.