PDA

View Full Version : The Witch hunt has begun, for steroids

phattonez
12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041203&content_id=918145&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

It's now official. Barry Bonds did take steroids. Whether he knew about it or not, he took steroids. Jason Giambi was also caught. Who is next?

ZTC
12-03-2004, 10:55 AM
sad...
besides the baseball community being affected, but the card-collecting community.

AlexMax
12-03-2004, 12:24 PM
How do you 'not know' if you took steriods? Are baseball players THAT stupid?

One more reason that I wish people who play sports for a living would simply get a real job and play sports in their spare time, like the rest of us do if we want to play sports.

mikeron
12-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Who is next?99% of the MLBPA, 10% of High School players. :shrug:

sad...the card-collecting community.Heh, well, I guess it beats mtg.

Deviance
12-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Tch that is what happens when people abuse medicine. He would be better with a red bull then that.

Master Ghaleon
12-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I could tell that Barry was using stuff like that. All those veins popping out and very muscular for his age. I dunno how many more will get busted. Shows that some athletes will do anything to be the best, even cross the line

phattonez
12-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Everyone could tell, but ignorant Barry fans wouldn't accept it. Even now they are denying that he knew, and they are denying that it does much. Look at this from the Giants website by some ignorant Giant fan.

Yes! Let's strip his 700 home runs because he chose to apply a skin cream to his body.

While we are at it, let's strip Roger Clemens' 4317 strikeouts and six Cy Young's because he used Vicks' Vapo Rub once when he had a cold in 1986..

Idiot..

Now, who's the idiot?

Gerudo
12-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Now, who's the idiot?obviously some of you are because that quote is 100% sarcastic truth. i dont care for baseball (some of you admitted do, and i feel that is where the prejudice comes from), and honestly, if someone did stuff like that in the open and whatnot, then how can one be accused of using an 'unknown substance' or whatever. i mean, ever heard of snagging one of them empy containers and testing the stuff?

phattonez
12-05-2004, 03:55 AM
What? Steroids are illegal. Vick's Vapo Rub is not. We know that Barry took steroids. I don't see what you were trying to prove with that post.

Cloral
12-05-2004, 04:12 AM
One thing is for sure in all this - there will be some form of steroids testing starting very soon. McCain has stated that if the league doesn't start a satisfactory testing system, he will introduce legislation to force them to do so. I don't know that it is his place to be legislating about the MLB, but at least this should help keep the MLBPA from dragging its feet about the issue. That, by the way, is something that has always bothered me, that they are against steroid testing. It really sends the wrong message.

phattonez
12-05-2004, 04:25 AM
This looks bad for Bud Selig. You know, even without outsiders getting in business they should not be involved in, that he will enforce a much stricter drug policy. Giambi, Sheffield, Canseco, Caminitti, and Bonds are now known steroid users. This list will increase, and as it does, Selig looks worse and worse.

Gerudo
12-06-2004, 02:10 AM
I don't see what you were trying to prove with that post.please take your Riddlin. not every post is to prove something. my post serves as 'omg he's trying to point something out' logic...

phattonez
12-06-2004, 02:13 AM
I just didn't know what you were trying to say with the post. I didn't understand it, that's all.

Gerudo
12-06-2004, 02:17 AM
sorry, didnt mean to be rude... i was just stating some people have bias simply because of they like or dislike a certain team in a sport...

Verman
12-06-2004, 06:52 AM
phatt: I am going to be the next one caught hahaha, oh wait I dont play baseball!

Seanbox: why the fuck would you think that a red bull would be if more use then steroids? Hah! not even close! steroids dont give you energy liek red bull does, some the do. They cause the body to gain more muscle more rapidly which is way better then some stupid speed drink. No comparison.

Master Gha: what do you mean muscular for his age? did you see him at 16 or something? You age has nothing to do with how cut you are, well obviously if your 85 or your 10 it matters! But i have no idea what you are trying to say about bond!

lots of people are going to get caught for this. theres probably TONS of baseball players that use it.

I would if i was a millionaire and wanted more muscle...whats to stop you really?

ah well ;)