PDA

View Full Version : Stuck is Metroid Prime 2; Echoes

Rijuhn
12-02-2004, 10:02 PM
***Spoiler Alert***

***Spoiler Alert***

***Spoiler Alert***

I'm stuck in the room right before you get the Spin Jump or whatever that spinny flaming jump thingy is. I can't advance any farther in the light world because there is a giant chasm that I can't cross. In the room right before the chasm there is a portal to the dark world with some sort of cover over it. I'm not certain if the cover is a sonic locked gate or what, but I've tried shooting everything at it and the cover is still blocking my access to the dark world.

I've tried finding a way in the dark world, but so far no rooms seem to lead to the area where I get the spin jump, besides the portal with the cover over it.

If anyone can help me please tell me how to get past this area, thanks.

vegeta1215
12-03-2004, 12:21 AM
You actually get across the chasm in Dark Aether, where the room has Grapple points.

I think I know which room you're talking about with the barrier. In the room, is there a wall with spinning gears that have spider ball tracks on them? If so, you have to get onto the tall platform in the middle of the room - it has a kinetic orb launcher on top of it which will launch you onto that wall with all the spider ball tracks. There is a switch near the end of all the spider ball tracks that will unlock that barrier (and an ammo expansion for your Light and Dark Beams if you keep going), but that part is probably the most annoying part in the whole game. It took me many tries to do. Good luck with it. When you ride the gears using the spider ball, use you're bombs to pop up to the next level, not you're boost ball - trust me.

Orion
12-03-2004, 01:01 AM
I got the boost ball to work after a couple tries in there, the easiest way to do it is look at the little bolt of energy going from the track to the ball. That should help you aim where the ball is gunna fire.

Rijuhn
12-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Yes it is the room with the spider ball tracks that you have to bomb jump up to the next ones. I also got the ammo expansion, but I've gone through the track 3 times and I can't find the switch to deactivate the covering. What am I overlooking?

I'm actually heading to work in a little while, but when I get home tonight I'll see if I can find the switch for it.

vegeta1215
12-03-2004, 03:20 PM
If you've gotten the ammo expansion in that room, you've gone too far.

Before the last set of gears that take you to the expansion, there is a big rectangular piece of spider ball tracks. You have to go to the bottom of that and ride inward towards where the portal is. You should see a bomb switch right below the track - you need to fall off the spider ball track and into that - set off a bomb, and poof! The barrier will be gone. I totally went by it at first. It would help to look around to see where it is before getting shot onto the track.

{DSG}DarkRaven
12-06-2004, 12:13 AM
The gears are easy to ascend, providing you take a hint from the graphical clues. As you get close to the damage pad at the end of the wheel, there should be a marker of some sort, two red lines, one on each side of the wheel. Place a bomb as soon as you're in between those lines, and you'll detonate at precisely the right time to go up undamaged.