PDA

View Full Version : Good Tilesets?!?!?

streetrace87
12-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I was just wondering if someone could give a newb some info.... I have been playing around with some tilesets and they just dont seem to work for me:

Pure Tileset: No matter what i do... My cave's colors are inverted.( I have tried things with the Palette).

Descendant Tileset: When in the cave... The guy that is supposed to show up .. doesn't show up ( the only thing that shows up are words and items)

Can someone please inform me on a good tileset that won't give me errors????!!!???

Cepat
12-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Don't understand what you mean by inverted colors?

Well it doesn't matter which tileset you choose...Pure or Descendent have their merits & if you know how to utilise them, you can achieve amazing quests.

For the guy to appear in a cave, you need to do the following things :
1. Go to Data -> Tile Warp & it's default at cave/item room. Insert the number 80 in Screen.
2. Go to Data -> Guy & choose the guy you want...will most probably be Abei.
3. Go to Data -> Message String & choose the string of your message.
4. Go to Data -> Room & choose the room type. This will depend on whether it's a special item, shop, potion shop, feed the goriya, etc....

rawlinkage
12-02-2004, 12:17 AM
hey i have similar problems but i found a solution to not having the right tiles i imported both tilesets from descendent and pure and combined them to create pure descendent tileset its pretty cool but takes a while but its worth it

Drakmyth
12-02-2004, 01:34 AM
I usually prefer the Pure V2 tileset (that 2.1 version has way to many gigantic things in it) or the newfirst tileset. Both are really easy to work with and look great. They're both heavily used so you won't get anything extremely original but they work great and that's good enough for me.

[ADDITIONAL: Does anyone know where I could get a copy of newfirst. I lost my other one in a file transfer error between my old computer and my new one and I can't find the quest on any database. It also doesn't come with the ZC download anymore. Any help with this would be appreciated.]

Freedom
12-02-2004, 04:28 AM
Pure Tileset: No matter what i do... My cave's colors are inverted.( I have tried things with the Palette).

This is due to how the palettes are set up, first go to the map that the dungeon will be on, place a tile on the screen, then go to data>palette and enter the number of the palette you are going to use and the color of the combos on the right will change.

Descendant Tileset: When in the cave... The guy that is supposed to show up .. doesn't show up ( the only thing that shows up are words and items)

The guy has been removed so different people can be added on layer 1 0r 2 instead of the program automatically putting them in.
You can look at the 182 test quest and see where they go and replace them if you choose.

streetrace87
12-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks.. I'll try some of those tips

streetrace87
12-02-2004, 10:22 AM
The only other question that I have is: What kind of program do you guys use to edit tilesets and stuff? I've played all kinds of Zquest games and their boomerangs and swords are totally awesome!

Any help will be appreciated... Thanks

Orion
12-02-2004, 10:38 AM
My methods usually include taking screenshots from emulators, and then working with them in either PSP (Paint Shop Pro) and Photoshop. PSP is my preference, because you cna reduce color depths on it much more easily, unlike Photoshop, where you have to practically tell it your life story to get it done.

streetrace87
12-02-2004, 10:50 AM
My methods usually include taking screenshots from emulators, and then working with them in either PSP (Paint Shop Pro) and Photoshop. PSP is my preference, because you cna reduce color depths on it much more easily, unlike Photoshop, where you have to practically tell it your life story to get it done.

Thanks... Now do you save those as .TIL or what? Can PSP or Photoshop even save them as .TIL's??? and then you just import them .. right? On my computer I have sprites of Link and other stuff. Can I play with those sprites and make them into tilesets... ??? And if i could could you please tell me how?

Thanks

Freedom
12-02-2004, 01:15 PM
You can add them in.
put the gif in your ZC folder, open ZQuest, go to the tiles page (graphics>tiles) and scroll down to an empty page.
click on grab and open the gif, and grab it into your qst.

You will probably then need to recolor since it's doubtful that it will have used the same palette.