PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons

Simooone05
12-01-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm using the PURE tileset. I'm trying make a dungeon. Usually for anything else there a screen (around 84-85) that have a bunch of tiles to use in the dungeon. I think it's for the template and doors or something. There isn't one of these there for PURE. What do I need to do??

Drakmyth
12-01-2004, 05:23 PM
If I remember correctly, that screen was used in the original quest for door combos and secret combos. However, with the latest edition of ZQuest (192b183) that screen is no longer necessary. If you use the classic tileset it might be but for the pure tileset it's not.

Simooone05
12-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Okay. Thank you. Any info on help building the rooms in pure. It's tough to figure what combos are what and where they're supposed to go

Drakmyth
12-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Not sure what help to give. Most of the overworld tiles are fairly obvious and the other tiles only look right one way. If you're talking about dungeons then just play around with the dungeon tiles. One suggestion would be to start with the basic dungeon set instead of the cave set. The Pure tileset is split into sections. First is the overworld tiles, followed by house tiles, then cave tiles, and finally classic dungeon tiles (I'm almost positive that's the order. This is also assuming you're using Pure V2 and not V2.1). The classic dungeon set is much easier to tell where the tiles go whereas the cave tiles can get very confusing very quickly. I'm not sure what other advice to give.

Simooone05
12-02-2004, 02:16 AM
I think I'm getting the hang of it. Just by looking at other dungeons.