PDA

View Full Version : Palette Changes

Simooone05
12-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Is the anyway to have the pallete change for an entire map in mid-quest. i.e. Have winter pallette before you go in to a dungeon. Beat the dungeon and come out in a summer pallete. I would like to do this without going to a completelt different map.

Drakmyth
12-01-2004, 05:20 PM
It can be done by creatively using DMaps but I'm not a big expert on DMaps so I wouldn't be able to tell you how. Everytime I use the slider bars and/or the boxes to tell what screens to show, I end up blocking off half my map then messing with it for an hour before giving up and making it an overworld map. But the only way to go to the same area with two different palletes is to either copy the screen and use a separate DMap or use a second map altogether (I think).

Simooone05
12-03-2004, 02:59 AM
I figured it out. All you have to is assign a second dmap to your entire overworld.

*b*
12-03-2004, 03:10 AM
that's right, but if you enter a new map you were in before the change, it will revert back to how it was when you left that map

like this: Level 1 > DMap Palette 1 > Level 2 > DMap Palette 2 > Backtrack to Level 1 > DMap Palette 1. it's a good technique in theory, but it just dosen't work without creating a new map

Simooone05
12-03-2004, 03:29 AM
I see. It will only be a good idea for a place you can never go back to

idontknow
12-03-2004, 04:10 PM
I just suggested an idea how to implement this in the ZC Suggestions Forum.