PDA

View Full Version : Angery

Simooone05
12-01-2004, 03:17 AM
Okay... I was using the Quest Editor... I aptempted to load a quest template... The program went back to windows XP. with the task bar pushed in the center of the screen. I had the restart. So now.... I can't the correct video display back on my comp (real low resolution, when I try to change it back to to normal it restarts, starts up the correct resolution, screen turns black, then goes into crappy low res again. What the hell?? This is obviouly a HUGE bug. it needs to be fixed.

In the mean time. Can any help me with my comp?!?!?!

Drakmyth
12-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Assuming you're using 192b183, I really have no idea what's going on. :D Quest templates are really buggy at the moment and ZQuest crash when trying to load them on the latest public build. As for your PC, ZQuest shouldn't have messed it up at all. If nothing else, use the mystical "safe mode" which many people refuse to acknowledge. It can work wonders.

Simooone05
12-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Well. I guess the problem was probably from shutting down my comp when it was crashing. What is this safe mode though? Can you give me some help with that??

Dark Nation
12-01-2004, 02:52 PM
When the computer is booting up, keep hitting the F8 key. You should get a menu. Choose Safe Mode, then you can go in and change your normal resolution. Reboot, and it should stick.

Simooone05
12-01-2004, 04:24 PM
When I'min safe mode... It won't let me change the res at all. Only the one safe mode is using. Anything else I can do??

It's okay now. I got it. All I had to do is right click on the desktop and click on the correct res right from there. As opposed to going into the display properties and having to restart.

Thank's very much though.