PDA

View Full Version : The Pure Tileset 2

streetrace87
11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Okay since no one could figure out what i was trying to say in my first thread.... Lets try again. So on screen 80 where my tile warp will take me... I play this game on the zelda player, when I warp to screen 80 the colors are inverted and not the color i want.. can someone hlep me?

Drakmyth
11-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Okay man a few things.

1.) Don't post multiple topics regarding the same thing unless the original topic moved back at least 5 pages (this differs from member to member, I'm not sure if there's an official number). Use the edit button instead. Additionally, (and this is the interesting part) it may take more than 12 hours for a reply!!! Wait at least 24 hours after posting before following up with something else on the same topic.

2.) When editing that screen in ZQuest, make sure you're pallete for the editor is 0, otherwise it will be different in game (the player pallete/DMap pallete is different than the editor pallete). To change the editor pallete, simply hit the number at the top of your keyboard to what you want it to be. Second, make sure whatever map your cave is on has a DMap assigned to it (If your cave is on map 1, make sure there is a DMap pointing to map 1). The DMap that points to the map your cave is on also controls the pallete for that map and your cave.

After reading over all that I wrote, I found it to be a bit confusing. However, since that is the best I can explain it, here is an example for you.

----------------------------
Cave = Map 1, Screen 80
DMap 1 is set to use Map 1 and is set to use pallete 0.

In this case, your cave would use pallete 0 because it's on Map 1 and pallete 0 was set in the DMap.
----------------------------

I'm not too good at explaining pallete in depth so I hope I helped. If nothing else, wait until someone else replies here with a bit more knowledge on the inner workings of palletes and they will be sure to help.