PDA

View Full Version : Using New Tiles and Palettes

streetrace87
11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey... I'm new at the Zquest. I was wondering (because i have seen the quests and all that kind of stuff) how do you guys change the sprites and chipsets and all that stuff? I have tried to figure it out on my own but have only ended up with a headache. Can someone please help me out?

Freedom
11-29-2004, 04:19 PM
To use a completly different tileset it's best to just get that tileset in qst form and start with it instead of importing the tiles to a new quest file.

streetrace87
11-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Well... what if I already have some sprites from the "Link to the Past"? Would I be able to customize a chip set and use it? And also.... Can anyone tell me where i can get some good Zelda MIDI's????

Freedom
11-29-2004, 07:10 PM
yes, you can add tiles, but seldom are the done in the same palettes that you have, so you will need to recolor them.
In my sig, top link, is my page that contains info on basic palettes and grabbing gifs and their palettes, maybe that will help some.
You first need to understand what sprites/enemies etc use what palettes, so you'll then know what palette to use when you start recoloring new sprites you've added.

midis?
vgmusic.com

Mystical Sasshi
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I wanted to create a game set in the Oracle of Seasons/Ages games with different characters and such. I've got the CGBZ tiles with the various Zelda GB games, but they are loose tiles and I wanted to insert them into the Pure Tileset. Any ideas on how to do that?