PDA

View Full Version : Well my mind is made up!

biggiy05
11-27-2004, 08:38 PM
So after installing steam and hopping online hoping to play half life, team fortress classic, opposing force, and counter strike all I can say is WOW! I never thought it would be so cool but I love it, after hearing all the crap about counter strike and ppl hacking and how it is really over rated I was thinking that it would blow more than a hooker on 21st street. BUT it didn't its awesome, I love it even though I am getting my ass handed to me in a handbasket every time since I am a noob and wasn't expecting it to move so damn fast but I have gotten a few good shots in.

I'm done now I just felt like rambling about that now I just need to finsih my comp so I can play Doom 3, HL2, and CS:S

MottZilla
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
I'd try it to see what all the fuss is about too but no broadband or money to buy those games. :O

biggiy05
11-27-2004, 08:50 PM
I'd try it to see what all the fuss is about too but no broadband or money to buy those games. :O

I went out and bought the platinum pack because I was curious to see if HL was as good as everyone said and the expansions were a nice add on.

cap2030
11-27-2004, 09:08 PM
hacking or cheating isnt as big a problem as it used to be.
I hope to never see the speed cheat again.

There is still wall hacking and aimbot but you only find those on bad servers.
All you have to do is quit and pop into another server

Grasshopper
11-28-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm done now I just felt like rambling about that now I just need to finsih my comp so I can play ... CS:S

I've never played Counter Strike. So Counter Strike Source is new to me. But the multiplayer aspect of Half-Life 2 is Counter Strike. And its nothing new. No new maps, no new modes, no new weapons.... Counter Strike: Source is just that; Counter Strike using the Source engine.

I guess thats cool and all for me since I've not played it or anything, but just in case you was expecting something else, I wanted to let you know.

Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are great though.

biggiy05
11-28-2004, 07:39 PM
But the multiplayer aspect of Half-Life 2 is Counter Strike. And its nothing new. No new maps, no new modes, no new weapons.... Counter Strike: Source is just that; Counter Strike using the Source engine.

I guess thats cool and all for me since I've not played it or anything, but just in case you was expecting something else, I wanted to let you know.

Yea I know it was just running off the source engine. I want to try it because of the graphics upgrade. I can really use it.

AlexMax
11-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Glad to see you're liking it. Steam is an awesome content delivery system, and if you find the right servers, you can have loads of fun, even with Counter-strike.

By the way, if you ever get ahold of CS: Source, check out my clan's server [LLJK] GOONTOWN. It's almost always full but is full of awesome people.

biggiy05
11-29-2004, 11:48 AM
By the way, if you ever get ahold of CS: Source, check out my clan's server [LLJK] GOONTOWN. It's almost always full but is full of awesome people.

$867 to go and I will have my new computer finished, its taking forever cuz the speakers I want to get are $357 but they are a Klipsch 5.1 setup so its worth it. I will be sure to look up your clan's server once I get it finished.