PDA

View Full Version : Games for Xmas?

idontknow
11-27-2004, 05:01 PM
What games should i request for Christmas? What are good games for: Multiplayer and Adventure (moreso for multiplayer) for Gamecube and PS2?

Feasul
11-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Ask for Metroid Prime 2, I'd say. Also, if your parents don't mind paying monthly fees for you, or if you have a good income, World of Warcraft. It's expensive, (15 bucks a months, no thanks, I say) but it's wicked fun, I played the beta. I put in at least an hour or two every day with it. Seriously, you can sit down, play for an hour, and not think anything of it.

Orion
11-27-2004, 06:11 PM
I would not agree with MP2 if you are just looking for the multiplayer aspect of it. As an adventure game, it's great, but the multiplyer won't keep you and your friends entertained for very long. (Although, all of my friends who have played it with me get very excited about being able to roll into a ball, especially if they've never played Metroid before).

Another great adventure idea is PoP2. Also, NFSU2 if you like racing and multiplayer, thats also a great game.

vegeta1215
11-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Zelda: FSA and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles are great multiplayer games if you have Gameboy Advances and link cables.

Also, Beyond Good and Evil is a great adventure game if you can find it in stores.

Grasshopper
11-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Eh...Mario Party 6? :laughing:

Me and my friends are probably the only people who get into that as much as we do. Four 20+ year olds almost breaking out into fights over who stole whos stars.... :laughing:

vegeta1215
11-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Even though I haven't played it yet, X-Men legends looks like a fun multiplayer game (that is also an adventure game)

Archibaldo
11-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah, X-Men Legends is a good game. If you don't already have it, Tales of Symphonia is a good game too.

Blonde799
11-29-2004, 12:03 AM
PS2 Multiplayer:
-Timesplitters 2
-Most of EA's Bond games(I heard Nightfire was very good for this)
-DBZ Budokai 3(if you're a DBZ fan, but I hear that it might be good enough for non-DBZ fans too with all the new fighting mechanics and such)
-The Bouncer(if you don't mind playing through the single player mode to unlock everything, it's OK for a 4 player melee that is easy to pick up)
-Mortal Kombat Deception(can you say fatalities and death traps? Seriously, learn a whole bunch of fatalities, and wow your friends with crazy over the top gore)

PS2 Adventure:
-Star Ocean 3
-Tales of Symphonia(if that's even out, dunno)
-Disgaea Hour of Darkness
-Beyond Good and Evil
-ICO(I didn't like it, but it is a good adventure game)
-Kingdom Hearts
-Onimusha 3(I like it)
-Maximo vs Army of Zin(great action/adventure game)

GC Multiplayer:
-Any Mario Party game
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Final fantasy Crystal Chronicles
-Timesplitters 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Custom Robo
-Super Monkey Ball 2

GC Adventure:
-Tales of Symphonia(now this one is out now)
-Metroid Prime 2 Echoes(this can also serve as a multiplayer game, even with its basic content the multiplayer aspect can still be fun if your friends like Metroid, just don't get for just the multiplayer though)
-Metroid Prime(if you haven't got it already)
-Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
-The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time(bonus disc)

There.:)

AlexMax
11-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Ignore every single reply in this thread except for mine.

SUPER MONKEY BALL 2 FOR GAMECUBE

Seriously, it's fun as hell by yourself and a flat out riot in a group. It should also only be 19 dollars too.

See if you can get Super Monkey Ball 1 while you're at it, it should be even cheaper and the earlier versions of some of the Pary Games are vastly superior in my opinion. (Monkey Target, Monkey Golf), plus it has a much more shallow learning curve in the single player (I can beat Advanced 30 on SMB1, forget about it on SMB2)

Blonde799
11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
SUPER MONKEY BALL 2 FOR GAMECUBE

Oh, you mean Super Monkey BALLZ?:laughing:

Forgot about that game. Now just ignore every reply but mine IDK, and you've got yourself some winners.:p

biggiy05
11-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Its not really in your category's but Burnout 3 takedown is a pretty cool name. You can't beat getting loads of cash for causing huge ass wrecks and you are suppose to total other cars, great for ppl that want to put their road rage to use. Oh yea its on the PS2

midnitebassist
11-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Ghost Recon 2 kicks ass...I recommend it hundreds of times over.

Petoe
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Pikmin 2.

A great Adventure and Multiplayer!

Blonde799
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
And if you're into mech sims, I hear Armored Core Nexus would be a great package.

Pangolin
11-30-2004, 04:19 AM
Bearing in mind that when I say this, I am in Engalnd and so games that may have been out for months I'll be putting down.
Tales Of S
Paper Mario 2.
But I may just buy them, I need them that much. I can't wait 3 weeks!

MottZilla
11-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Its not really in your category's but Burnout 3 takedown is a pretty cool name. You can't beat getting loads of cash for causing huge ass wrecks and you are suppose to total other cars, great for ppl that want to put their road rage to use. Oh yea its on the PS2

It's also on Xbox. ;) I'll go out a limb here and suggest GoldenEye : Rogue Agent could be good. I'll find out later today hopefully.

DarkDragoonX
11-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Growlanser Generations (http://www.workingdesigns.com/games/playstation2/growlanser_generations/index.html) for PS2. Two games in one. Besides, you can never go wrong with Working Designs.

vegeta1215
11-30-2004, 10:20 PM
I'll go out a limb here and suggest GoldenEye : Rogue Agent could be good. I'll find out later today hopefully.

It looked good, but it has gotten pretty poor reviews so far :(

Blonde799
11-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah, it seems to be yet another EA Bond game, but this time it's also trying to cash in on the name.

MottZilla
12-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Don't worry, I never said I was buying a retail copy. ;p I will find out myself what it's worth.