PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious help guys!!!

Kry
11-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Oh jeeze... My parents are gonna kill me.... Anyways here's what happened. I have a laptop computer. There was a smudge on the screen and I went to wipe it off... AND THE SCREEN CRACKED. The inner part cracked, not the outer part. Now there is a black blob on the left of my screen and I cant see anything exept about a 2x3 inch triangle on the top left of my screen. Luckily I was able to use that to set up the properties to accept a second monitor plugged into this one. But I need to fix this before my parent's find out. Is there any way I can fix this without spending money? Or am I royaly screwed? Please, I need your help on this one. I don't want to have to cry myself to sleep over my laptop...

vegeta1215
11-27-2004, 03:15 AM
You didn't do anything wrong, you were just trying to clean the screen. I would just tell your parents what happened, they'll understand. Accidents happen after all :shrug:

Afterwards, try to find out if you have a warranty for the laptop that may be able to cover what happened to the screen.

Kry
11-27-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanx, I never thought of the warentee... :p As for understanding, I hope you're right. Now, I gotta wait till they wake up. It's kinda late here.

SSJ3500
11-27-2004, 03:44 AM
At least you have that second monitor to use until the laptop one gets fixed. They should care if it was an accident and you found a temporary way around it. That's just my guess though.

Kry
11-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeahhh... See the problem is, I cant get it to be a double of my desk top, just an extension of it.... So its not a total way around it. But thanks guys.

EDIT: THANK YOU LORD! ITS UNDER WARRENTEE!!! BOOYA!

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-30-2004, 02:48 AM
Man, I've had that happen twice in like 16 months, but hey, its under warrenty.

HurricaneSkyHaw
12-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey do not worry it is ok anything can get just as anything can break even solid steel safes can break after all metal just does not (doesn't) bend.

AtmaWeapon
12-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah just see if you can get it replaced under warranty. My laptop's display went blank after 3 days and I had to get it replaced. Just don't make a fantastic story up about it to your parents. The screens aren't exactly protected by much so cracking could happen pretty easily; I'm always worried about mine.