PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales

gdorf
11-26-2004, 11:25 AM
So, who went to a black friday sale this morning?

I went to best buy at midnight, and got a 17"lcd for $249 and a 160gb hard drive for $30. After rebates.

What did you get?

vegeta1215
11-26-2004, 12:56 PM
I didn't go to any meeting, but I have to work today at 1pm. I work at a knife and utility store. It's pretty cool. I've enjoyed it so far.

Tsukuru
11-26-2004, 03:41 PM
I went Black Friday shopping ... if the giftee can't tell it's from the $1 dollar store why should you? :p I did go to Wal-Mart, and it was packed.

ShadowTiger
11-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I went shopping for a few hoodies for the (next) holidays. And I have no idea what Black Friday is.

Rijuhn
11-26-2004, 03:59 PM
It's funny because I stayed up past 5:00 last night/this morning and I saw on CNN they had a corespondant in Virginia Beach (that's where I live, yay!) and then I learned of Black Friday. It was also funny because they switched over to some place in Georgia and the guy in the studio said as CNN switched from Virginia Beach to Atlanta, Georgia, "speaking of black friday...some people are up early in Atlanta...." and the camera was zoomed in on two older black women, man, that was funny as anything, lol.

gdorf
11-26-2004, 04:13 PM
I went shopping for a few hoodies for the (next) holidays. And I have no idea what Black Friday is.
Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving, typically the busiest day for resale each year. Stores usually post great sale ads for this day, and shoppers will go crazy to get the deals.

DarkDragoonX
11-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Hence, "Black Friday" because it's the start of the major holiday shopping that puts a retail outlet "in the black," financially.

Anyway, yeah, I went shopping. A nearby Staples had a 512 Mb flash drive on sale for $20. How could I pass that up?

vegeta1215
11-26-2004, 10:18 PM
We had a sale today at our store. Everything was 20% from opening till noon. I didn't get there till 1pm, but I sold more today than I have any other day since I started (I started about 3 weeks ago). We're having the same kind of sale tomorrow, but I'm coming in at 1pm again.

fatcatfan
11-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I took advantage of Best Buy's no interest financing on Friday to get my wife a new laptop. It took a lot of self restraint to not go on a shopping spree after they approved my credit for the no interest financing. But I stuck to my original intent and just got the laptop.