PDA

View Full Version : Half Life problem

biggiy05
11-26-2004, 03:18 AM
I bought the Half Life Platinum Collection last month to play it and see what it was like and so I knew what was going on when I play HL2. The single player mode works just fine along with all the expansions. The problem I am having is that I can't play online it tells me that my Half Life executable is out of date and when I go to update it I get a message saying my version is outdated. I have version 1.1.1.0.

So anyone got any ideas as to why it wont let me online? It wont even show the servers or the chat rooms.

King Link
11-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, 1.1.1.0 is the latest update (and probably the last for some time now). I'm not sure why the game isn't working online.

Can you get to the Multiplayer menu? If so, click refresh. That should show the servers that are available. There aren't very many normal Half-Life multiplayer games, so make your way through the list. Be careful you don't click on a Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat or any other modified version of the game. Just look for Half-Life.

cap2030
11-26-2004, 01:23 PM
"Won" the service halflife used to play online is no more from what I understand.If you want to play halflife online you have to go to www.steampowered.com
Download steam then enter your cd-key under register products I already own.

biggiy05
11-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Ok thanks cap that helps. I would hit refresh but nothing would happen I will go to the site when I get home from work.

Grasshopper
11-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Speaking of Half-Life. Does anyone know if Valve has actually released the patch for HL2? Some sites act like its out, all I need to do is restart Steam, but the Steam site doesn't really say it's out. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.