PDA

View Full Version : Real tree Vs Fake Tree?

Jigglysaint
11-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Since Christmas is comming, and it's been on my mind lately, I've been thinking about real trees vs fake trees. I've always considered Christmas to be Christmas only if you get a real tree and decorate it with tons of cool sentimental decorations made in grade 2. Some people can't get a real tree because of space and budget restraints, but there are others who seem to actually LIKE fake trees, and prefer them over real ones.

So anyway, which one do you use? Which one do you prefer?

vegeta1215
11-23-2004, 03:37 AM
We always get real trees, white pines to be specific. I'm not a fan of the trees with the short needles.

ShadowTiger
11-23-2004, 09:58 AM
I Null Voted. (Or its vBulletin Equivalent.) For me, the poll would read something along the lines of, "I use a real menorah." and "I use a fake menorah." ... To be honest, I'm not sure which of those I would vote for. It's like saying, "I sit on a real chair," and "I sit on a fake chair." .... ^_^;'

davidballardjr
11-23-2004, 11:23 AM
I myself prefer fake trees because they you don't have to worry about hauling it to the curb to be disposed of. Another thing you don't have to worry about with a fake tree is cleaning up dead pine needles. In my house we used the same artificial tree every Christmas since it was purchased in 1984. Occaisionally, we spray the tree with some stuff to make it smell like a real pine tree eventhough it is a fake tree.

VEL
11-23-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm allergic to real trees, so we use a fake.

Pangolin
11-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Real trees are so much more... better. Yah I know that didn't make sense, but its just one of those things. They stink out the house with a lovely pine like smell, and if you buy the anti-needle dropping ones then they last for ages. They also look better, and their glossy pins shine with lights.
Fake trees make me nervous.

midnitebassist
11-23-2004, 01:56 PM
True...but i find that putting lights in a tree is a pain in the arsenal. So we have a pre-lighted fake tree.

we's lazy.

Pangolin
11-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Tut tut! How lazy can you be! I hoep you put tinsel and baubles and a star on top...?

Jigglysaint
11-23-2004, 02:44 PM
I Null Voted. (Or its vBulletin Equivalent.) For me, the poll would read something along the lines of, "I use a real menorah." and "I use a fake menorah." ... To be honest, I'm not sure which of those I would vote for. It's like saying, "I sit on a real chair," and "I sit on a fake chair." .... ^_^;'

Sorry BH4, I wasn't trying to single you out. I guess you could say the poll is only for those who use Christmas trees in the first place.

Rainman
11-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Tree? We don't do that anymore. Too much of a hassle.

*b*
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
my family uses a huge fake tree, but I like the real deal more. sure it's a pain in the ass to clean up after, but they just seem better to me. plus, with the fake trees, you don't get that fresh cut wood/pine smell like you do with real trees

Archibaldo
11-23-2004, 05:33 PM
We use a real tree. Of course I think that a fake one would be more convienient. But then again, it's just not christmas if you don't use a real one.

Pablo
11-23-2004, 05:46 PM
We have a fake tree. Wish we had a real one, though.

King Link
11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Fake. It's a lot less demanding on the environment. We've been using the same tree for a very long time. I can only remember the drive home when we bought it, and I'm not sure what year that was. It was sometime during the early 90s, I think.

Aranda
11-23-2004, 07:04 PM
When I used to live florida we decreated palm trees. :laughing:
Now that I live in the mountains We use good old-fansion real trees. :rolleyes: