PDA

View Full Version : Video Blinks on and off! Need help!

ZeldaFan001
11-21-2004, 03:20 AM
I've been having trouble with my Nintendo 64 video recently, I've plugged in the audio/video cables (The Yellow, red, and white ones) into my TV and wanted to play. Unfortunately, the video has a problem, it keeps going off every 15-20 seconds, the sound still works, but the video keeps going crazy.

I thought that it was just my cable and that it was a bad one, so instead, I tried to plug in this RF adapter into my 64 and plug it into the TV that way, unfortunately, it started to show the exact same results, the video keeps going crazy as well.

I don't really have any idea what to do. Has anyone had a similar problem such as this, and any pointers on what I can do?

(P.S. I NEVER abuse my game consoles and handle everything with care, so I do not believe that this is an internal problem.)

I hope it doesn't have to do with the fact that I haven't turned it on in some time.

(I've also tried plugging the video and audio in my VCR instead to see what would happen, and got same results.)

Ganonator
11-21-2004, 03:44 AM
Could it possibly be your television? I know nintendo products to have no problems whatsoever with video and audio.

ZeldaFan001
11-21-2004, 04:23 AM
I should probably say this.

The second our television gets a signal that's cut off, I've noticed that it displays "No Signal" and then takes a second to get the signal again. The problem is I don't have another TV that I could use to hook it up. So, yes, this TV sucks.

Anyway, could I possibly show the video using something else, such as my computer?

goKi
11-21-2004, 05:36 AM
My SNES had a video problem. Used it's lifetime warranty to get it repaired.

Yoshiman
11-21-2004, 09:30 AM
My TV will do that too. There's a couple of bad connecters up in the front where I hook up my PS2, and sometimes I won't get any video, or even sound. I usually have to move these around a bit until I can get it to work right. I really need to get a universal cable for my systems.

Your best bet would be to get your TV checked out first. It's usually not the audio/video cables. If it is, you can always pick another one up at Radioshack for lower than a new N64.