PDA

View Full Version : Do you know any famous people?

me2
11-20-2004, 08:32 PM
I know this one guy who works in Japan and sings for Bemani games (mainly Guitar Freaks/Drummania). His name is Thomas Howard Lichenstein. (http://www.sutv.zaq.ne.jp/thomas/) I've never met him, but I talk to him alot on E-mail. Also, I guess you can count N*SYNC, because I met them at their party in South Beach Miami this year.

Do you know anyone famous?

goKi
11-20-2004, 08:34 PM
I know Brad Jones, a famous race driver down here. My dad used to go to high school with his brother.

ShadowTiger
11-20-2004, 08:52 PM
I shook Clinton's hand, her husband's hand, (LOL) Dubya Bush's hand, Guilliani's hand. ... Pretty impressive despite that I can't even spell his name. :p

Oh, and the (deceased) Rabbi of my Synagogue used to campaign for Jewish concerns in Washington DC, and usually got his points across successfully.

I think there are more too. I went to school right behind the boardwalk where a lot of these famous people tend to meet, or even jog early in the morning.

VEL
11-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I went to school with "Charlie Talbert" He was the main character in the movie "Angus". He was my partner when we dissected frogs in school. I remember when he said he was going to be in a movie, I don't think many people believed him.
Here is a site that lists what he has been in.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-30750

vegeta1215
11-21-2004, 12:35 AM
I went to school with "Charlie Talbert" He was the main character in the movie "Angus". He was my partner when we dissected frogs in school. I remember when he said he was going to be in a movie, I don't think many people believed him.

That's really cool! Angus was such a good movie. Funny too. I loved how Angus kept breaking Jason Vanderbeek's character's nose :)

I briefly met Benji and Joel from Good Charlotte when they came to a local band show my friend's band was playing at, but that's it.

Ganonator
11-21-2004, 03:18 AM
I met the guy who won the Amazing Race #4 in the albuquerque airport before he won the show.. we still keep up with each other every now and then...

*sigh*

Pangolin
11-21-2004, 07:36 AM
My parents know the guy that invented the game "Jenga", and my Grandad is friends with the man that made the Rubicks cube. Mr. Rubick is suppose.

ShadowTiger
11-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh, I found a few more. All of these aren't situationed around me, but they're pretty fantastic nevertheless.

My friend Dovid K, self-proclaimed SuperJew, (He did a complete religious flip around May.) has a really, really rich uncle that handles wedding affairs. He managed Donald Trump's wedding.

My 9th grade Biology teacher, Ned Black, used to live right next to Melissa Joan Hart and her family. They were very good friends.

I have a friend in college whos cousin makes movies in Hollywood. (Okay, that's almost famous, .. but still pretty unusual.)

Fiyerstorm
11-21-2004, 11:55 AM
My aunt is one of the best forensic scientists in her country. :O

No celebs though.. D;

Petoe
11-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, my uncle is quite famous musician here in Finland, but that's it.

Solaris_Omega
11-21-2004, 12:27 PM
I know the guy who is the animator for MegaTokyo, and I have met and talked with MC Chris alot. Both people are cool. MC Chris gives me all his new albums ahead of time too, soo its nice

Eckels
11-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Well, I can't say I know these people well, but I've met them all, most on more than one occasion, and some i've had interesting conversations with: Alec Baldwin, Alan Alda, Bob Balaban, Nathan Lane, Mel Brooks, Weird Al Yankovic, Christie Brinkley, Billy Joel, and Roy Scheider (Theres probably more but i can't think of them right now).

My store also delivers lumber to (and many of my co-workers have met) Jerry Seinfeld and Richard Gere.

That's what it's like to live in the hamptons. (Goddammit i hate it.)

DsS Game
11-21-2004, 02:34 PM
I know a couple of wrestlers in the WWE (formerly WWF) since I used to work at WWF New York (which is a thing of the past now, it's closed down).

Other than that, I wish i knew more.

Daywalker

Archibaldo
11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't know anyone famous. But my grandfather went to school with William Shatner (did I spell that right?). They graduated fom the same highschool about a year apart.

AlexMax
11-21-2004, 11:27 PM
I has an IRC chat with John Romero of Doom and Daikatana fame, and soon to be Area 51 fame.

It was fucking awesome. Really fucking awesome. I totally forgive him for Daikatana.

DsS Game
11-21-2004, 11:33 PM
I has an IRC chat with John Romero of Doom and Daikatana fame, and soon to be Area 51 fame.

It was fucking awesome. Really fucking awesome. I totally forgive him for Daikatana.

How did you really know it was them though? Just cause people claim to be famous people don't mean that they are.

A good example would probably be someone impersonating Al Snow on AIM. I asked him personal questions about him, and it went to the point that he blocked me.

Daywalker

Manny
11-22-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure i'm related to Bolivian roalty (or was iy uruguayin).
and i came close to meeting gisele bündchen cos one of my friends is good friends with her.
i think thats about it. or what i can think of now, though my grandpa knew a lot of famous people in his day.

King Link
11-22-2004, 06:44 PM
I didn't actually meet him, but I saw David Hasselhoff in Banff on a trip, and he walked right past me but said nothing. When he disappeared into a pub or something, and his family was walking along the sidewalk, my brother (GM) shouted 'Hasselhoff' up and down the street.

Funny.

Master Ghaleon
11-25-2004, 04:55 AM
I know a couple of people.

Frankie Valli - Singer
Jeff McBride - Mime/Illusionist
Diamond Dallas Page - WWE SuperStar

Thats all

AlexMax
11-25-2004, 05:34 AM
How did you really know it was them though? Just cause people claim to be famous people don't mean that they are.

A good example would probably be someone impersonating Al Snow on AIM. I asked him personal questions about him, and it went to the point that he blocked me.

Daywalker

It would be really hard to fake all the aspects of Romero as this 'imposter' has arguably done, mainly his website http://www.rome.ro. He even posts on the forums quite regularly.

Oh, and why do you 'sign' your posts?

-AlexMax