PDA

View Full Version : A new addition to the family

vegeta1215
11-20-2004, 02:42 AM
We had a golden retriever named Kody for 9 years, but he suddenly passed away this September. The house felt empty without him, and my Dad really missed him, so we decided to get a new dog.

Our new dog is a golden retriever puppy named Rudy. He's only 7 weeks old. He's the cutest thing, and likes to chew on everything :)

Here are a few pictures: http://www.geocities.com/vegeta121s/rudy.html

King Link
11-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Puppies. It's the best part of getting a dog at first... the loveable puppy. Then, it starts to hump stuff (if it's a male, usually).

Anyways, Rudy looks like a great little puppy. I hope he lives to be as great a companion as your other dog was.

Daarkseid
11-20-2004, 04:11 AM
Dogs suck.

Edit: Sorry for being an ass. I don't like dogs, particularly the larger breeds. God help me, I'm a tiny fellow, but my parents two years ago decided to get a great dane puppy. She's gargantuan now, and much more muscular than myself. I've never had to take her for a walk because of the fact I would not be able to control her if she bolted. Either I would be dragged(if I were stupid enough to hold onto the leash) or the leash itself would be pulled from my hand.

Golden Retrievers aren't as bad though, I got to take care of my teacher's golden retriever one day while she had company at her house. The dog wasn't too bad, except that right before I was to take her home, she decided to collapse into a pile of dried grass clippings and roll around, making a huge mess of her own fur. A brush would've been nice, but I wound up meticulously picking grass clippings from her fur to make it look as though I had been paying attention to her. I don't think my teacher cared too much either.

Toolie
11-20-2004, 04:16 AM
You suck.

(On a side note, I was unaware you were still on here, Daarkseid... how have you been?)

mikeron
11-20-2004, 04:20 AM
I recently got a 10 month old Husky. When I got home with him, it took him all of 10 seconds to chew through his leash, run into the living room, and vomit up the leash segment. Dogs kick ass.

Brasel
11-20-2004, 11:52 AM
I love puppies. Your dog looks like a great new addition to anyone's family. Congrats man, I get to finally see my dog here in a couple of days for the first time in months.

AlmostAngel
11-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Rudy is adorable.

I grew up in a house with lots of pets, and speaking from experience it's understandably always tough when we lose someone/something we care about - I'm sorry to hear about Kody. But congratulations on your new addition - it's an exciting and cool thing because puppies like become a part of your family. Kody can never be replaced completely, but Rudy is an awesome baby who you have in order to make new great memories with. Yay for cute fuzzy little puppies and kittens. :D

vegeta1215
11-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone :)

One nice thing about Kody was that he was the runt of the litter and never got too big. Hopefully our new dog won't get too big either.

DsS Game
11-20-2004, 02:23 PM
I've never gotten into dogs. They are cute when they are just lil pups, but when they grow up, ugh X_X

Daywalker

ShadowTiger
11-20-2004, 11:03 PM
I assure you, I have never seen a cuter dog. I've seen cats playing the piano, I've seen fish jumping out of the water and doing pullups ... (Okay, that last bit never happened, but that would be so, cool, for some reason.)

Where did you get the name from? :)

*b*
11-21-2004, 12:14 AM
that puppy is so freaking cute. they are always cute, then they grow up. Golden Retrievers aren't so bad when the get older, unless they bark alot. hope he grows up to be a good boy, and remembers to tell you about people who called while you were out (Family Guy)

vegeta1215
11-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Where did you get the name from? :)

We had a list of names and each person in my family liked a different one. My Dad always liked Rudy, and when we were picking him out, my Dad just called Rudy and he ran to him. Now I'm sure he could've said any name and he would've ran to him, but we just decided to keep that name. :)

In response to *b*, our golden retriever Kody hardly barked at all. We thought something was wrong with him at first cause he never barked. Not sure how this one will be.

Pangolin
11-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Puppies and kittens are so cute. Then the grow up and are hideous. Well, dogs are. Not cats. Worship the cats.
No I'm not ancient egyptian.

Archibaldo
11-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Golden Retrievers are the best I've had two in my life time. One died and the other ran away. Now I have a mix between a lab and a dalmatian(sp?).