PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds - Level 2... STILL STUCK!

SarahJane
11-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey you all,

A couple of days ago, I posted a question in another thread, but got no response. Since I’m still stuck at the same place, I’m posting my question again (in a new thread this time!).

You see, I’m stuck at the level 2 of Isle of the Winds. I have 10 bombs, 2 super bombs, the flute, the wooden boomerang, the bow and arrows, a blue potion and some bait (for the level, I do have the map and the compass).

In the middle of the first floor, there’s a door I can’t reach (blocked by 2 cracked blocks – even the super bombs don’t work on them!), and at the end of that same floor, there seems to be a block I can move, but I can’t do it (just doesn’t work!).

On the second floor, there are 2 rooms with blocks that I can’t do nothing about – tried with the sword, with bombs, with super bombs, with arrows, with the boomerang, ... (I would try with the hammer if I had it, but I read somewhere that the hammer only comes later in the game). There’s also a switch I can activate in a room on the 2nd floor (looks like a light bulb), but I don’t see what it does exactly. I ran everywhere, I killed every monster in every room, I looked for cracks in the walls... I don’t know what I’m missing! Please help, I really want to finish this game!!! (the first custom quest I ever played)

Thanks a lot!

Cepat
11-19-2004, 10:19 AM
You need the Red Lantern, Magic Boomerang & L1 Power Bracelet to clear Lvl 2. If you haven't got any of these items, I would recommend you try find the Red Lantern first. followed by the next two in sequence.
Did you try bomb the 2 cracked blocks?
There are some blocks you need to burn, while other blocks require the bracelet to push & the magic boomerang will trigger the switch.

DarkFlameWolf
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa, the power bracelet is NOT needed to beat level 2. Since the bracelet is found in level 3. But the red lantern and magic boomerang can be found in level 2. Those light bulb crystal switches can be activated by hitting them with your sword. Sometimes they're a bit buggy, so try hitting them from the left or right sides.

SarahJane
11-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Ugh, I do not possess any of these items!

After your reply, Cepat, I went back to level 1... I noticed there's a room I didn't go in. I went back trying to find an entrance for that room, so I ended up in the room before (mini-dongeon with 2 rhinos in it - what are they called again?). Anyways, I killed the rhinos, but it only opened the door I came to the room in. I didn't find any cracks in the walls or any switch I could activate... Still can't get in that room! The first time I did it, I thought I would go back later with the items I would get further...

Then, your message, DarkFlameWolf... I'm close enough only to activate one switch in Level 2 (on the 2nd floor, if I remember it right)... But I don't know what it activates! I keep running everywhere in the level!!!

Please help! Thanks again!!!
------------------

Posted 5 minutes later:
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was simply a bug... Thanks DFW, I hit it from the side, and the blocks disappeared. Usually, the switch looked activated, but nothing happened. I will get through that level, yeah! :D
------------------

Posted 15 minutes after the first post:
AARRRRGGHHH! Those stupid cracked blocks! I continued the quest for 2 rooms, but those cracked blocks don't allow me to go further (I bombed them with ordinary bombs, the super bombs, and nothing works) Please, help me again, I thought I owned the solution, but seems like not!!!

Cepat
11-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Sorry DFW about the bracelet :D I recently replayed IOTW & somehow thought the bracelet was in Lvl 2 :)

SarahJane
11-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Actually, the 'cracked' blocks are not actually cracked... They look more like weird red blocks with white spirals in it. Anyways, I tried to bomb them with the red super bombs (since the blocks were red), but it didn't work. I then bombed them with ordinary bombs, nothing... I'm stuck with those blocks in 2 rooms, and this is why I can't go further again. Is there any other bug, or am I doing the wrong thing?

In one other room, there's a rhino and a light bulb switch. Even if I kill the rhino, the switch is still too far away for me to activate it. What do I need to do? There's no other thing to be activated in that room!

I've been stuck at that same level for almost a week now; I can't wait for your suggestions! Thanks!!! :odd:

DarkFlameWolf
11-19-2004, 05:26 PM
those blocks you speak of probably can be burned with the red lantern. So don't worry about those until later. For now, head all the way to the left from the entrance until you hit a room with 10 leevers and a wall of vines on the north wall. Figure out what to do from here. ;)

SarahJane
11-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Thank you so much, DarkFlameWolf!

I was absolutely sure that I already tried that... Silly me!

I can go on now... until the next time I'm stuck! :rolleyes: