PDA

View Full Version : Help getting Zquest?

Raum
11-19-2004, 03:26 AM
Wow....this has been more painful than pulling my nails out one by one.

I've found a handful of full-fledged tutorials on Zquest. I've found tutorials on things like creating bitmaps and sound files fo ruse with Zquest.

I've found pages full of Zquest made custom quests.

I've read FAQ after FAQ that contains information utterly useless to me.

I've googled for 20 minutes and have bene unable to find what I'm looking for.

Above all, I'm wondering, fo rsomething that sounds fo fun and is such a vital part of this community.....why the hell did you guys make it so goddamn hard to find the actual Zquest program?

Am I missing something? Is there no program? Does it come with the Zelda remake even though it says it doesn't? Did you guys make it up just to piss off people looking for something entertaining to do at 2 am? I swear, it seems like this program was purposefully made difficult to find, but I have no idea why.

You'd think it'd be ont he homepage, but not. You'd think ther'ed be download information on the custom quests homepage, oh no. You'd think, maybe in the correct sub-forum in the official forum I could find a link, heavens no.

Where the hell do I go to find this program? It's become the holy grail of my existence, as if I'm some holy fucking night out to rescue the lost artificat fo rthe land of jujujuba.

This whole scenario was probably spawned form my own stupidity and ease of overlooking what I'm looking for, so please enlighten me. Where can I find Zquest so I can start making my own custom quest? Pretty please, with a fucking mountain of cherries on top?

Freedom
11-19-2004, 04:53 AM
Zelda Classic v1.92 Beta183 2.82mb
Most Recent Public Beta - Very Stable, but can be buggy.
WARNING: Use of beta versions is at the user's risk. They're made public to make bug detection easier. No support will be given for Beta Versions.
Programmers: Dark Nation, fatcatfan

ZELDA CLASSIC DOWNLOADS (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/downloads.php#zc)

Cepat
11-19-2004, 05:20 AM
I've googled for 20 minutes and have bene unable to find what I'm looking for.

Above all, I'm wondering, fo rsomething that sounds fo fun and is such a vital part of this community.....why the hell did you guys make it so goddamn hard to find the actual Zquest program?

Am I missing something? Is there no program? Does it come with the Zelda remake even though it says it doesn't? Did you guys make it up just to piss off people looking for something entertaining to do at 2 am? I swear, it seems like this program was purposefully made difficult to find, but I have no idea why.

You'd think it'd be ont he homepage, but not. You'd think ther'ed be download information on the custom quests homepage, oh no. You'd think, maybe in the correct sub-forum in the official forum I could find a link, heavens no.

Where the hell do I go to find this program? It's become the holy grail of my existence, as if I'm some holy fucking night out to rescue the lost artificat fo rthe land of jujujuba.

This whole scenario was probably spawned form my own stupidity and ease of overlooking what I'm looking for, so please enlighten me. Where can I find Zquest so I can start making my own custom quest? Pretty please, with a fucking mountain of cherries on top?

You didn't bother to look at the http://www.zeldaclassic.com homepage. There is a downloads link on the left side.

vegeta1215
11-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm guessing you learned about ZQuest from G4TechTV, right? ZQuest is the quest editor, but the whole package is called Zelda Classic. It's a shame Kevin and Alex did such a sloppy segment for ZC on TSS, but some publicity is better than none.

Raum
11-22-2004, 04:16 PM
No, I just sumbled across this site somehow. Haven't watched TechTV since the days of Leo and company.

I think the site is horribly designed for people looking for Zquest. It only says in very small print that a version which isn't the latest build of Zelda Classic contains ZQuest in it. I could an extremely thin amount of information to help me find this, which I carelessly overlooked. I think it needs to be more obvious how and where you can obtain this, for future reference.

Wallnut1588
11-22-2004, 09:54 PM
yeah, it took me a little while to find it last year too.

Cepat
11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Just go to http://www.zeldaclassic.com & look for Downloads at the left side to get the ZQuest (editor) & Zelda-w.exe (player) programs.

me2
11-22-2004, 11:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the site tells you to download both build 184 and 183. 184 is just the player. 183 is the player and z-quest. so you download 183 to one folder, and 184 in that folder to replace the old one.