PDA

View Full Version : Bug List Organizer

Dark Nation
11-18-2004, 04:46 PM
I need someone to compile a list of current bugs in ZC. This needs to be organized into the following categories:

Fatal: Bug causes ZC to crash (the program shuts down).
Detrimental: Bug makes a quest unplayable or unbeatable. For instance, Link starts or warps into the wrong spot, Link gets frozen and can't move, warps don't work, etc.
Annoying: Everything works, but not properly or they have negative side effects. This would include the infamous trash files littering the hard drive, music sounding funny, graphics showing up wrong, etc.
Cosmetic: Mild errors that have no bearing on the gameplay experience. These will mostly be ZQuest issues, such as a misspelling.

Please note, Fatal bugs aren't necessarily worse than Detrimental ones. A Fatal bug was the map bug (where ZC would crash if you looked at the map twice) while a Detrimental one would be the one where no quests would open (ZC ran fine, just wouldn't do anything much). In this case, the Detrimental bug was actually a worse issue, as it affected everything.

I am needing someone who has time on their hands, who is good at organization, and isn't afraid of a little hard work.

Dart Zaidyer
11-18-2004, 07:05 PM
As of which version?

Dark Nation
11-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Well, I was hoping someone would be interested in doing this as the offer stood, but I guess I need to go ahead and complete the picture. The bug organizer would become a beta tester, so that they could categorize *all* the bugs. I didn't want to mention this before as I didn't want people to take the position just to be a tester. :shrug: Any takers now?

Dart Zaidyer
11-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Actually, I was already willing to do it, but I wanted to know what version to start with. 182, 183, and 184 are all versions that are considered "valid" in the ZC community these days, but each one has an important bugfix over the last one.

Oh well. I'll just get started, and see what I come up with.

Cepat
11-24-2004, 11:08 PM
I am interested to compile a list of bugs, are those for the 183 or 184?