PDA

View Full Version : Which is better music to use in a quest?

ZTC
11-17-2004, 12:48 PM
the poll says it all

though, I like to use both

Dart Zaidyer
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Don't restrict yourself to just one or two games. Use whatever music you find that you think suits the area.
While I like to stick to Zelda music for a Zelda-themed quest, I'll bring in music from another game if I need to.

ShadowTiger
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
... My vote was the first vote. 0_o .. I really don't want to stick to any cliche'd midis, such as Final Fantasy midis or Zelda Midis. The most Zelda Midis I would use, are those Zelda midis which are either VERY rare, or VERY common. The Z64 House theme, for example, is very common, and nearly expected. Heck, I think that even C-Dawg's Sabotage Dragoon had some sort of Zelda midi in it for the houses. (I'm not sure though.)

punkonjunk1024
11-17-2004, 02:14 PM
VG archive. Get the feeling for what your designing, and find something that fits... Limiting yourself to one game would make it kind of bland.

Manny
11-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I voted for other, mainly because of what others have said. I think that building a nice varied soundtrack for your game makes it better. While I'm not saying that i dislike games that strictly use Zelda midis, or FF midis. I'm just saying i enjoy games with a more open and varied soundtrack. (music is my life :D) just my 2 cents
-manny

ZTC
11-17-2004, 10:34 PM
eh, maybe I should of been a little more vague with the poll options...
like game companie specific, but what's done is done

Petoe
11-18-2004, 08:45 AM
I voted other simply because I don't want to use the same music that has been used in about 100 other custom quests... Actually my next quest will have a lot of music from one melodic heavy band. With new graphics, new tricks and unheard music it should be something really original and fresh.

Slash
11-25-2004, 01:34 AM
music from any game fits
but it has to match the atmosphere
I forgot which quest, but the overworld theme was a sadness song from final fantasy...
I stopped playing that quest just because of that

I don't want the music to be sweet while I'm exploring on an adventure
though common, the generic Zelda overworld theme fits so perfectly

and as long as it's not annoying...
I stopped playing The Tao of Link quest because the music is so annoying

Rydia
11-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Use a wide variety of music from different games. It gives a good mix to the quest, and doesn't set limits as to what you can use for songs.

life_is_strange
12-11-2004, 02:18 PM
atomesphere is the best thing to look for when putting in music but you aweways gotta put in some sort of zelda music to help people rember this is a zeldaish game