PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion

Lutraphobiac
11-17-2004, 03:10 AM
After reading these article:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion/558955p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/preview_6111720.html

I am very excited about the Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion. The graphics (http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_screenshots_01.htm) are unbelievable, and from what I read in the article, they are improving the game in all the right places.

It is going to be released on the PC, X-BOX 2, and PS3. They developed the game with the next generation hardware in mind, and coded the game so it will be easily transferable. You will probably need to upgrade your current PC for this game, but not as much as you think you do. This game seems to have pretty ingenius techniques to push the envelope on lower cards. The graphics will be scalable anyways.

Game Play has is improved, but has a comfortable farmiliar feel. The story line is totally new and seperate from morrowind. You will start out in prison again, and you will be confronted with the assasination of the Emperor. This is the main quest, but of course you don't have to do it. The map is larger than morrowind, but the focus this time has been even more for depth. The Ai has been greatly imrpoved with techniques borrowed from The Sims and Ultima 7.

Another thing that will be cool is the combat system. Work has been done across the board to balance. Were you pissed off that you were missing that Guar from two feet away? Now the combat system is based more on the Users timing and skill. This may seem that this game will be moving from RPG, but all of the skills and attributes are still present and effect gameplay.

I just can't wait. I finally lose my obsession with Half Life 2, and I pick up with Oblivion. The screenshots alone mesmerize me.

And now begins 2 years of waiting.

ShadowTiger
11-17-2004, 01:18 PM
( ... ) I've seen the schedule for Ultima 7, in case you have no idea what that is. It's a real schedule. People would go about their lives like regular, living people. They would bake bread, by taking objects off of tables, walking to the oven, bending over, and the item would appear in the oven. They would go outside to draw water from the well, place the bucket on the table, the water would disappear from the bucket and the flour would become dough, right next to the person, and they would repeat it for a while, until 9:00 or somewhen like that, and they put everything away in their shop, walked to their house, and went to sleep. It was so brilliant. I'm desperately looking forward to this. (Much more than Half Life 2, actually. * BH4 Is Shot *. .. Well, that was pleasant. Anyway, the game will cost $55 at its release, I'll bet, with an extra $1000 of PC improvement. Maybe it's time I get an XBox to play it so I don't have to spend money on a new PC. :rolleyes:

Brasel
11-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh shit...not good, my wife is going to kill me when it comes out, because she won't get the attention she'll require.

Reveal
11-22-2004, 11:07 AM
o damn that sound great i want to have that game :D