PDA

View Full Version : A problem with the sound v1.90

anubis6191
11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
During install, it sets up the sound card for play. When I clicked Autodetect, then Test, it said there was no driver set up. This of course allows no sound in the game. Why is this and how can I fix it? Thanks, Ken

Freedom
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
here's what I collected up...

If you run AG setup.exe, then go to midi driver, it'll ask you for your sound card and give you a list. If yours isn't on the list, it's not compatible.

Okay, don't mess with the patches and such... leave them at default. Try changing your midi device to either "MPU-401" or "Midi Out". Don't use auto-detect: it'll usually give the generic "Adlib" option, which is probably what the problem is.

Thank you Overdrive it worked!

Ok Tudorcat this is what you should do!

1-Go into AGSetup
2-Go to Digital Driver
3-Click on Generic SB
4-Listen to what the bottom screen says and set everything to what the "usually" is.
5-Click ok
6-Go to the other sound option
7-Select MPU-401
8-Select everything to what the bottom screen says
9-Click ok, save the changes.
10-Run Zelda

Boomaster choose MPU-401 anyway. Let me tell you that I don't have a Generic SB or MPU-401 but it worked. Choose it anyway then in the options screen set the stuff to what the bottom screen says. Click ok, and run Zelda.

If this doesn't work just keep playing around with all the sound cards and save. Eventually something should work. After trying a sound card imediately set the options and save and run Zelda.

DON'T DO A SOUND TEST IN AGSETUP, IT WILL FAIL!

DO A SOUND TEST ONLY IN THE ZELDA GAME!

--------------------------
what I did for mine
--------------------------

set Digital Driver to "Soundblaster Pro" and "usual" settings as instructed by the Agsetup.exe
set Midi Driver to "Adlib (opl2) and "usual" settings.

anubis6191
11-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Well, I changed my midi device to MPU-401 and changed the settings as described in the step-by-step guide and when I started Zelda, the the tests that dos does said:

Initializing sound driver... Sound Blaster not found

So obviously it didn't work, I will have to try each card listed. FYI, my sound card is a Crystal WDM Audio. Thanks, Ken

anubis6191
11-17-2004, 08:37 PM
I decided on giving up on that and changing to v1.92 Beta183. But the window is too small to play. Is this because it is a beta, or can i change this?

anubis6191
11-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Now I've figured out that the game only works in windowed mode (If you put " -windowed" after it). If I try to play in fullscreen, the graphics are wacked. It's similar to what happens when you set your resolution too high. How can I get rid of this problem and play fullscreen? Thanks, Ken