PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia Hi-Ougis...

Yoshiman
11-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Okay, so I was playing ToS with a friend a few days ago, and I wanted to try something out. I heard that if you had Genis cast Indignation when in Overlimit mode, he would get an even stronger spell called Indignant Judgment. :shrug:

Surely enough, when I did this, I saw a truly awesome spell. A good amount of thunderbolts came down in a magic circle followed by a huge winged sword and a cut-in of Genis while he said "Indignant... Judgement!!"

I couldn't find too much info on what Genis did besides the name and how to do it. What I want to know, is there any other secret techs like this, and how can I execute them?

*b*
11-15-2004, 10:13 PM
well, I know Colette can cast Holy Judgment at random, when she screws up when casting Judgement. I don't know of any Overlimit special spells, though. I guess I should try to find them. sounds cool, though. I'll try what you did this weekend

vegeta1215
11-16-2004, 01:54 AM
I haven't done any of the hidden skills, but I read that there are a bunch of hidden skills for Lloyd (probably a few for the others too). They involve performing certain attacks so many times (like over 200 times) and maybe wearing an elemental ring. There's also one you can do with the Materia sword as Lloyd.

EDIT: Check this skills list at gamefaqs: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/tales_of_symphonia_skills.txt (you may have to cut and paste - I'm not sure if they allow direct linking)

I know some of those attacks sure would help against Abyssion.

Kairyu
11-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Lloyd, Collette, and Genis are the only characters with Hi-Ougis, but in the Japanese PS2 version, every character except Sheena is supposed to get one (Sheena's summons count as her Hi-Ougis or something). The problem is, Abyssion is supposed to be able to use all the Hi-Ougis in that version as well.

Issei Ougi Sai!

vegeta1215
11-16-2004, 11:25 AM
The problem is, Abyssion is supposed to be able to use all the Hi-Ougis in that version as well.

Eek! :eek:

That document at gamefaqs that I linked above has a hidden tech listed for Regal in addition to those for Lloyd, Genis, and Collette. Not sure if it works though. That kinda stinks that the PS2 version of ToS has more skills and more unison attacks, (I also hear it has some different music and a few more anime cut scnese) but I don't think the PS2 version is coming to the US.

I'm glad ToS is getting picked up by people. It is a really great game, and I would be upset if it did poorly and Namco decided to stop supporting the Gamecube as much as they have.

Kairyu
11-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh, it gets better- He's immune to All-Divides. If you use one, your damage is halved, but his isn't.

There was also two new boss fights against 3 of the 5 Grand Cardinals and 3 of the 4 Seraphim.

I don't remember seeing a Hi-Ougi for Regal. It seems unlikely, since he doesn't even get any unison combos in the GCN version.

Superstrider
11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't know about much about that... (Except for Collete's Holy Judgement.) However, has anyone seen the Union Techs? (So far, Lloyd is the only who has them in my file.)

The Union Techs are combinations of 2 different tech skills. Here are the ones that I've seen:

Tempest Thrust (Tempest + Sonic Thrust)
Demonic Thrust (Demon Fang + Sonic Thrust)
Beast Sword Rain (Beast + Sword Rain)
Tempest Beast (Tempest + Beast)

Tempest Beast is my personal favorite...

vegeta1215
11-18-2004, 12:36 AM
I don't know about much about that... (Except for Collete's Holy Judgement.) However, has anyone seen the Union Techs? (So far, Lloyd is the only who has them in my file.)

Lloyd has the most unison attacks, but the others have some too. One really good one is Prism Stars, which is done when using Raine's Ray and Genis's Ground Dasher (or Tidal Wave, or Explosion, or Cyclone, or Indignition) It does a lot of hits for massive damage. Here's a list of them here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/tales_of_symphonia_unison.txt (again, you may have to cut and paste)