PDA

View Full Version : 12:00am pacific time

cap2030
11-15-2004, 08:07 PM
12:00am pacific time is when Half life 2 is supposed to be unlocked for those who bought it off steam or managed to get the retail version early.
Anyone bothering to stay up that late to play right away. or wont you bother.

Rainman
11-15-2004, 10:36 PM
My brother and I are preparing quite a bit. We're getting all our homework out of the way and getting a couple hours of sleep in. That'll allow us to stay up for a little bit at least to play the game.

Grasshopper
11-15-2004, 10:52 PM
I wish I could get homework out of the way. :( I have two major tests coming up that I have to squeeze in time to study for and some programming assignment, but my Thanksgiving break is coming up, finally a week off, I can soak up all the HL2 I want by the end of this week.

DarkDragoonX
11-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Hell yes.

Longer answer: I am not a patient man. I have waited for this game long enough, and there's nothing short of nuclear war that could keep me from waiting a minute past 12:00 to play the holiness that is Half-Life 2.

AlexMax
11-16-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm going to sleep right now. I'll enjoy this delicacy in the morning.

Rainman
11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
I have to stay up till 3:00am, btw. I don't think that I'm going to sleep tonight...

Bloodstar64
11-16-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm currently downloading Half life 2 VIA steam and the ATI offer. I'll be playing it at 3 EST :D

cap2030
11-16-2004, 03:01 AM
One hour to go I hope everyone around the world logging on to steam doesnt wreck their servers and prevent anyone from playing.

I'm gonna be exhausted tomorrow.

MottZilla
11-16-2004, 03:17 AM
I imagine they planned on a heavy server load. Once you guys have played it, maybe give some detailed good points/bad points about the game? Then maybe someone like me with no interest in half life might consider trying the new one. :p

Radium
11-16-2004, 03:30 AM
They've upped the bandwidth to 13,380,000,000 bits per second (1,595 MegaBytes per second). I dont think there will be a problem. hahaha *waiting*

cap2030
11-16-2004, 06:02 AM
Holy crap Halflife 2 is Tense.

The beginning is so much cooler than I thought it would be.

I havent seen such a cinematic and involving FPS since half life.

Only reason I stopped playing is cause I died about 4 times in one area and I think I"m too tired to beat it right now.
I'll pick it up in the morning.

Rainman
11-16-2004, 06:27 AM
/me orgasms...

It's a great game so far. I haven't actually played it yet, but I watched my brother play for a while. The characters are the best part of the game so far, but by no means the only good part. The character really seem to look at you and react to things. It has typical Half-life problem solving combined with a very good physics system.

Not a lot bad to say. One awkward thing is that when you pick up things the object just floats in front of you. You can't blame the developers though since a complicated manual interaction system where you actually see your character grab something would indeed be a feat.

That's all I have for now on the "bad" parts. Maybe some more things will pop up after further playing. :shrugs: It hasn't seemed that hard watching my brother play, but he's a pretty good shot due to a lot of Counterstrike use. Mostly it's just soldiers in the beginning though. The head crab zombies seem to be a bit more difficult.

Bloodstar64
11-16-2004, 06:41 AM
I'm playing it right now, and I'll just leave it at this. Half life 2 is godly. Chances are, if you even remotely liked the oringaly, you'll like this one... BTW Physics engine is teh kickass.

vegeta1215
11-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Once you guys have played it, maybe give some detailed good points/bad points about the game? Then maybe someone like me with no interest in half life might consider trying the new one. :p

That's what BH4 and I hope to accomplish with our game review sub forum ;) The responses we've gotten have been pretty good (see the stickied thread in GGD). I know for me personally, there are a lot of games I'm curious about, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks first before buying.

As for Half-Life 2, I don't really have any interest in it. My friend had the original Half-Life and I watched him play it several times. It looked alright, nothing special to me.

ShadowTiger
11-16-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm going to wait six months to buy it, to save mo* A Battle Axe crosses BH4's path * ... Er ... No, really, if I buy it now, my wallet will be empt* Another Battle Axe Careens off the wall near BH4's head * ... emptier than * BH4 now has no head *

Seriously, I won't be getting it any time soon, despite my meager anticipation for it. I mean, sure, it's a great game, and PCGamer gave it.. like.. a 98, tied with Alpha Centauri for the highest rated game EVER, (I was kinda surprised at Alpha Centauri, to be honest. I never heard any hype for it at all. Well, good for it. :) ) and I've played and loved the original Half Life, (Plus Opposing Force. That was just pleasant. :p ) so eventually, it's my obligation as a semi-serious PC Gamer to buy Half Life 2.

Either that, or look for more Half Life spoofs, like Alf-Life. .. Damn funny, that was.