PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Magic Trick?

ShadowTiger
11-14-2004, 10:45 AM
What's the most amazing and astounding magic trick that you've ever seen? Remember, there's often an extraordinarily simple solution to even the most complex tricks. Remember how David Copperfield (It WAS him, right? I don't remember.) seemingly froze himself in solid ice? Yeah, even I can reproduce that. :p

Probably the most astounding and seemingly solutionless magic trick I've ever seen, was done entirely on paper. (Again, speaking from the observer's point of view.)

Essentially, the magician (My aunt's friend, hired for her 50th birthday party. We all had a blast, thanks.) took a large piece of cardboard paper, and drew a rectangular card on it. It doesn't matter what the card was, as that wasn't nearly as significant as what happened next. He drew lines on the card to make it look 3D, like a box of cards. He then drew a long horizontal slit along the top of it, like one of those pushkas you see in stores, ... nevermind. >_< What amazed me about this trick, easily above all other tricks, is that a piece of paper slid out of this hole in the card, and settled. It was another card. Now, I know it's quite possible he had previously concealed the slit, and it was already there to push the paper through, but the thing is, when he had finished, he hadn't done anything to the card he had slid out. It rested there as a piece of the paper. Everyone had the chance to feel it and such. It was quite real. How the heck do you do that! :odd:

Feasul
11-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Actually, it was David Blaine. He's probably my favorite magician, because he doeas street magic, not all that fancy stage magic. So pretty much anything he does is my favorite trick. However, my favorite trick to do has to do with putting four quarters on a hankerchief, cover two with index cards, and make the coins travel from one card to another.

Archibaldo
11-14-2004, 05:30 PM
My favorite trick is from David Blaine as well, the one where he levitated(sp?). The mere physics of it are mind boggling.
Btw, BH4, how do you reproduce what David Copperfield did?

ShadowTiger
11-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Well, Archibaldo, remember how he was on a platform during the whole trick? ;) .... * Waits for the gasps of realization to settle down * .. Indeed. He had a whole little living room in that platform his iceblock house was resting on. During moments of inactivity, he would gingerly sneak downstairs, where a virtual clone was resting, just chilling, (No pun intended.) waiting to take his place when the guy was tired. Simple, as, that. ;)

Feasul
11-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Oh, I remember seeing a TV special where they revealed how he did that trick. Kinda cheap, if you ask me. Again, I'm nearly certain it was Blaine, not Copperfield, that did that trick. Copperfield did the "Saw David Copperfield in Half Without the Box" trick, another of my favorites.

automatic
11-15-2004, 11:08 PM
The most amazing one I've ever seen was in the first episode of T.H.E.M. It was really simple, one of the little in-between bits done in black & white. basically, it went like this:

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/7118/floatingtrick.jpg
Yay for crappy MS Paint!
So, the guy is just goofing around on the other side of the doorway, like "haha, i'm flying dood lol i told u i was hardcore" but then he starts moving across the doorway... and keeps going... until his feet float on by. What the hell? HOW THE HELL DID HE DO THAT? I want to do that!

That would be the most badass party trick ever.