PDA

View Full Version : A ZC Chat Client?

trisoftmedia
11-13-2004, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this should be under suggestions, but that's for version. I am working on a Chat Client, and Chat Server for my friends, and family. I just wanted to know if you were intrested in a copy of the Server, and Client. I can also customize it just for ZC. The source is compatible with both Windows, and Linux. So both O/S users can chat about ZC as much as they want. I can also add ZC sound effects, and other cool stuff. The version I have made right now is my beta, and it downloadable at: http://www.trisoftmedia.tk/ . The problem is that the client only connects if my server is online. I have tested it with another family member and it works good. I am also planning on adding file transfer with it. So if ZC would want a copy of the Server and Client, I can also provide the Source Code. I coded it in a Free compiler instead of my VB6Pro, VB has to many DLLs, and is not compatible with Linux. The other one is compatible, and also makes smaller EXEcutables. If anyone is intrested please reply, or e-mail me at: [email protected] . I will freely give any information I can. As I create only free software. If ZC were to use it, then it would have to run on a server of some kind. At the moment I can't run it day and night. I only run it during the day(Canada/Central) [-6:00]. I will be running it all the time soon though. Any comments or suggestions just e-mail or reply.

Thanks,

vegeta1215
11-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't get it...what would be the point of having a ZC chat client? We already have an IRC chat room for the boards.

The Pheonix
11-13-2004, 06:50 PM
If ppl want to chat can't they use yahoo messenger or Netscape or something like that? Why have a chatroom just about ZC, isn't that what forums are for?

Eckels
11-13-2004, 07:23 PM
wait is he talking about an integrated chat client that works inside zc? that seems utterly useless. since it would do nothing but distract authors while they create their quests.

*b*
11-13-2004, 07:50 PM
I think he means a chat client designed specificly for the ZC community, that is not available on mIRC or other such IRC clients

Eckels
11-13-2004, 07:54 PM
that's even more unnecessary.

*b*
11-13-2004, 11:42 PM
I didn't say it, was, especially with PureZC's chat room and all the little spawn rooms it's created