PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson; The verdict is in.

plith
11-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Guilty of murder in the first degree of his wife.
Guilty of murder in the second degree of her unborn child.

Up in the air whether he gets death.

Discuss.

me2
11-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Those crazy Californians... ;)

Seriously, I think life in prison is worse than death. I hope "guy who confessed to killing his pregnant girlfriend when he saw the Passion" gets life in prison. :D

Ich
11-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Do you know this person? Do you know anybody who knows him? I don't see why people make such a big deal about it.

phattonez
11-12-2004, 07:05 PM
People were cheering when they heard the verdict, do they really hate him that much? Personally, I don't think it can be proven that he was innocent or guilty. The prosecution only had circumstancial evidence. As I was looking at they Yahoo story comments, I saw these questions someone came up with:

"How was she killed? Was there a weapon? Where is it?

Where was she killed?

When was she killed?

Why did he really do it?

and lastly,

How could he have looked at that face of hers and dump her body in the Bay?"

Those are pretty important in a murder case, aren't they?

Ganonator
11-12-2004, 08:06 PM
A famous black guy in the country kills two people, and he gets off with nothing.
A non-famous white guy may not have killed two people, and now he will die in the system.

What the fuck is wrong with california?

\just watched american history X

Gerudo
11-12-2004, 08:13 PM
A famous black guy in the country kills two people, and he gets off with nothing.
A non-famous white guy may not have killed two people, and now he will die in the system. celebrities buy justice, dontcha know?

anyways, i dont really know why this case was highly publisized, but thank god its over, and they can quit wasting our attention span.

moocow
11-12-2004, 08:43 PM
I hope he gets the prison sentence. To me, it'd be far worse to sit behind bars for 23 hours a day, everyday. That would suck.

Starkist
11-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I have not really followed the trial proceedings as I do not share the tabloid fascination with murder trials. That said, assuming the decision was correct, I am heartened to see that Laci Peterson's unborn child, Conner, gets his share of justice as well.

Adunaic
11-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Jurors agreed that the first-degree murder was planned out before-hand, regardless that where, when, or how she died was yet proven. They also had no other choice since all circumstantial evidence led to him, neglecting the fact that his alibi of fishing in the Sanfrancisco Bay the day that Laci Peterson and her unborn child disappeared.

Feasul
11-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Those crazy Californians... ;)

Seriously, I think life in prison is worse than death. I hope "guy who confessed to killing his pregnant girlfriend when he saw the Passion" gets life in prison. :D
Ummm, what? I don't recall ever hearing that Scott Peterson has ever seen the Passion, and I don't think he ever confessed. And I'm well aware of his taped conversations with Amber. He never confessed on them.

About his alibi, yes, he has an alibi of fishing 90 miles away from his house, yet somewhow only 2 miles from where the bodies were found. Coincidence? Something tells me otherwise. Plus, I don't know if it's considered an alibi if nobody sees you there, which I don't think anyone did.

mikeron
11-13-2004, 12:15 AM
"Crazy Californians"? Let's not be so transparent with the jealousy, kthx. :p