PDA

View Full Version : PureZC tileset problems

punkonjunk1024
11-12-2004, 03:34 PM
The character's up/down movements are using the wrong tiles.
I need to know how to set up quick slashing.
The only thing I've changed from the original quest download is a few rules... none that I think will effect my character's tiles.
TIA

Edit: And in absolutely no relation to my question (but not really important enough to start a new thread) If anyone knew how I could configure my Zelda-w.exe and Zquest-w.exe files to run windowed, I would be eternally greatful.
Edit^2: Yeah. Just looked. new enemy tiles are already there, I don't know how I could possibly not have seen them.

CrystalBlade
11-12-2004, 04:08 PM
1) Did you uncheck "BS-Zelda Animation"? That would do it.

2) Go to the last page of quest rules, and check "Quick Slashing" or something.

3) To run windowed, right click the shortcut, and select "Properties". Then, in the path, type "-windowed" (without the quotes) at the end and click OK.

punkonjunk1024
11-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Fixed the BS animation thing. What I had done was export the graphics pack, and didn't fix the rules. thanks.
With the "quick slash" I did that. I think I'm confusing it with some other rule...
I would like my characters slashing to be like that of 182test.qst... The sword swinging, rather than erupting from your center. But there doesn't seem to be a rule to set it like that. I found the coresponding tiles, I just need instruction on how to do it.

EDIT: and as for the windowed thing, it didn't work. windows XP, if that helps.

CrystalBlade
11-12-2004, 04:32 PM
That's because it isn't. Go to Init. Data, and one of those pages should have "slash". heck it. You can also set up a room with the room type "learn slash".

punkonjunk1024
11-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Meaning that after entering that room, I am now capable of slashing, or just in that room?
And... the -windowed deal doesn't work, at all, either.

CrystalBlade
11-12-2004, 05:04 PM
From then on, you are capable of using it.

And, it doesn't work? I'll try to make a snapshot in a little bit.

punkonjunk1024
11-12-2004, 05:13 PM
EDIT: I deleted the big ugly picture. I changed the shortcut properties so it wasn't archived, and added the " -windowed" to the thing. it needs the space.
So problem solved, in case anyone cares.