PDA

View Full Version : Obervation on AGN Forum Placement.

ShadowTiger
11-11-2004, 12:48 PM
(All of these questions and observations are semi-rhetorical. There is no actual "question" on them. These are merely observations.) BTW, it's also a fairly light-hearted topic. Thanks...

I noticed something interesting, particularly about the individual forums. Has anyone noticed that the Rock Bottom forum, is a Hosted forum, while General Bitching, is in the Main forum section? (Not even in a subgroup, or other category. MAIN.) ... Now, Rock Bottom and General Bitching are virtually the exact opposites of each other. Doesn't it strike you in a particular fashion that the one that helps people feel better is pushed off into the Hosted Forum area, away from the main forums, while GB is kept close to heart? (Despite what it does to the heart. o_O ) .. It's just an observation, I suppose.

Why, do you think AGN is more GB-prone, rather than the other way around? I mean, I know it's "fun" to put someone in the spotlight and watch them wet themselves, but that RB isn't right there next to it, ... it just makes itself noticeable.

Was this intentional, or just more interesting than not?

Another question. Why is General Entertainment not the "partner" of the Main Forums, while General Anime isn't a hosted forum, or not a subgroup of General Entertainment? I mean, I know everyone manages their own forums differently, but I'm just curious as to what general mindset would cause such a layout. I've seen so many different layouts, (Particularly ones very different from AGN's.) that is almost seems foreign at this point, despite having spent so much time here. Quite bewildering.

Rainman
11-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Why, do you think AGN is more GB-prone, rather than the other way around?

This is an internet forum.