PDA

View Full Version : Yasser Arafat is dead

Pablo
11-11-2004, 12:32 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6402008/

I wonder what will happen in the Middle East now?

Ganonator
11-11-2004, 12:39 AM
A generous whirlwind of peace?

*b*
11-11-2004, 01:02 AM
I wonder what will happen in the Middle East now?

whatever happens, we'd better keep our noses out of it, Bush

though, I forsee a power struggle. unless he chose a successor that we don't know about

Trusso
11-11-2004, 01:31 AM
This may be crazy but I'm willing to bet on years of stife and civil hardships.

Pablo
11-11-2004, 01:46 AM
This may be crazy but I'm willing to bet on years of stife and civil hardships.
Always gotta go with the long shot... ;)

mikeron
11-11-2004, 02:07 AM
About damned time.

Starkist
11-11-2004, 03:43 AM
The man who wrote the book on terrorism dies, and the world mourns. This is the same world that we're supposed to cater our interests to....

ShadowTiger
11-11-2004, 09:45 AM
... If there was ever a post to add a sig-quote from, Starkist, it would be that one. Kudos.

I personally think that Terrorism will just spread faster and more uncontrollably, now that their leader is gone. They'll have fewer goals, and will just randomly explode stuff all over without as much coordination. It'll be even more chaotic than before. Either that, or they'll seek out Osama for leadership now. But who knows what'll happen.

deathofspam
11-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Actually, Arafat wasn't the monster the world makes him out to be. He had infact been the one who was trying hardest to get some resolution from the peace talks. For instance, in the last talks he attended, he was the one who offered his hand to the leader of Israel, who refused to shake it. Arafat had been trying as hard as he could for peace, but in the past few years, as he grew weaker, it was taken out of his hands. Now if Israel refuses to allow him his dieing wish, to be burried in Jerusilem, things will only get worse, and much worse at that

Rainman
11-11-2004, 02:20 PM
This doesn't change a damn thing about terrorism. It's just like the capture of Saddam.

carrot red
11-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Actually, Arafat wasn't the monster the world makes him out to be. He had infact been the one who was trying hardest to get some resolution from the peace talks. For instance, in the last talks he attended, he was the one who offered his hand to the leader of Israel, who refused to shake it. Arafat had been trying as hard as he could for peace, but in the past few years, as he grew weaker, it was taken out of his hands. Now if Israel refuses to allow him his dieing wish, to be burried in Jerusilem, things will only get worse, and much worse at that
Concerning his burial in Jerusalem, they don't *have* to do it. Mr. Arafat claimed to be born in Jerusalem, but now all documents show he was born somewhere in Egypt. (God knows what truth he ever told.)
He was the one who said *no* to Peace when Mr. Clinton did everything possible to help bring peace to the region.
He is a monster and then some. One of the early terrorists, his movement inspired other terrorist organizations.
If the world is not a better place, at least there's one less terrorist in it.

Freedom
11-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Amen carrot red,
Arafat was a murdering dog, and the fact that he's dead is no reason to rewrite history.

DarkNos
11-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Also to add in I did hear on the news this morning that a successor was chosen, but they did not name him.

Dracula
11-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Also to add in I did hear on the news this morning that a successor was chosen, but they did not name him.

So far, Mahmoud Abbas will serve... even though he has barely any support, meaning many of Arafat's people will be wroking independantly. (That's when we say... OH SHIT. :disgust: )