PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with doors...

Denken
11-10-2004, 08:50 PM
I'd just like to start off thanking whoever created Zelda Classic/Quest. I'll admit, I never even played the original NES Zelda, but I'm not playing it on my computer now either. I'm really just interested in creating my own quests and playing them.

Anyway, my problem has to do with doors. Now lets say I insert a locked door in a room in Quest. When I test out the room in Classic, the door is a passage! So basically, my problem is that when I put in doors in Quest, they automatically becomes passage doors in Classic. I tried inserting all the other types of doors and it doesn't matter what type it is, the all become passages when I test them out in Classic. If it's any help, I'm using the Windows version of Zelda Classic v1.00.

Freelancer
11-10-2004, 09:01 PM
That may just be a bug. But if you have a key and then you go through the door, the door will open. This "bug" might have something to do with where you entered the room. If you entered through that same door that may affect the door too. If you put a key in the lock or you go up to the door that will also affect the door. Also 1.00? Umm you should download the latest version. That may help.

VEL
11-10-2004, 09:03 PM
The dmap type has to be "dungeon" for the doors to work.

CrystalBlade
11-11-2004, 04:24 AM
It also has to have a level number other than 0 (In the DMap page).