PDA

View Full Version : Help with Links Awakening Please!

frostmaster72
11-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey there,

I have been playing through Link's Awakening and I am currently on my way to Level 7, Eagle Tower. Unfortunately, I realized that I missed getting the ocarina along the way. I have just recently gone to the dream shine and got my ocarina, the only problem is that I have no idea where Marin went!

I checked the house, and she wasnt there. I also checked in the Animal Village and down on the Toronbo Shores. Marin is Missing! Help!

I need to see her to learn the Ballad of the Wind Fish.....I think....

Any help would be greatly appriciated! :D

- Travis

vegeta1215
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
At one point in the game (after you beat Level 7 I believe) Marin needs help and is stuck on one of the bridges west of the Chicken Coup in the Tal Tal Mountain region. After you rescue her she will go back to the Animal Village where you can have her teach you the Ballad of the Windfish.

I wouldn't really worry about learning that song yet. You don't need it till the end of the game. You do however need to learn the Frog Song of Soul from Mamu in the signpost maze in order to revive the flying rooster that will allow you to get to Level 7.

Foxx
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Hmmmm......... I never took that path through the game but this does sound very curious.............

Are you SURE she isn't on the beach? You have to go to the bottom edge, and it's the sixth screen from the lower-left-hand corner.

If she really isn't there, then try the one screen in Mabe Village, where the weather vane is. As a matter of fact, I'm almost certain she's there. She comes back to Mabe Village after you get through level 5 or 6.

Daarkseid
11-09-2004, 10:07 PM
If she really isn't there, then try the one screen in Mabe Village, where the weather vane is. As a matter of fact, I'm almost certain she's there. She comes back to Mabe Village after you get through level 5 or 6.

She's not there. I just loaded up my LA save game in which I very recently completed level 6.
It's my belief that she's currently "kidnapped" and that only completing level 7 will cause her to reappear on the bridge thats on the way to level 8.

You don't need her song anyway until you've collected all 8 instruments.

Foxx
11-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Thank you, Daarkseid. That's why I said I was ALMOST certain. :spin:

No worries, frostmaster, it looks like you're just going to have to be patient and hang in there one more level.

frostmaster72
11-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Haha. Thanks everyone! I actually just got done with Level 7, and im on my way to level 8! Thanks for all the help! :)

- Trav

Daarkseid
11-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Thank you, Daarkseid. That's why I said I was ALMOST certain. :spin:

My apologies. I first read this topic before anybody replied and realized I had a save game at the appropriate time. The first places I checked were the animal village and Mabe village's square, as I myself had a feeling these were the only places she could be. I also went and checked the bridge before ever stepping foot into level 7 and found she wasn't there either.

That's when I came to the conclusion that she's most likely gone for the time being.

frostmaster72
11-15-2004, 11:23 AM
I found Marin and successfully completed the game of Links Awakening. Thank you guys for all your help! :)

- Trav