PDA

View Full Version : Mini LttP Tileset?

firebug
11-08-2004, 05:48 PM
i remember someone saying that they were compiling a LttP tileset that had the majority of the larger sprites/tiles minified for easy use with Zquest. has this ever been completed? or does anyone know the whereabouts of such a tileset?
thanks much in advance.

Freelancer
11-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Yah could someone link a site where we could find the Lttp graphics pack? That would be great!

Foxx
11-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Here's the "authoritative" LTTP tileset by Orion, I don't know how much this set has the larger sprites and structures "minified", but it certainly isn't too shabby.....

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=28

C-Dawg
11-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Foxx, they're asking for the mini-LttP tiles that sludge made awhile back. I dunno where they are, but I bet they went up on PureZC or on Plith's incarnation of the Tile Database at some point in the last.

-C

firebug
11-09-2004, 12:17 AM
thank you, c-dawg. sludge's tiles were what i was looking for. they are at purezc.com for anyone else who is interested.

Freelancer
11-09-2004, 08:16 PM
thank you, c-dawg. sludge's tiles were what i was looking for. they are at purezc.com for anyone else who is interested. I have been searching their trade data base and I could not find the tiles. Do you know where I could find the tiles or at least a link, maby?

Orion
11-09-2004, 08:53 PM
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=3

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=35

Dart Zaidyer
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
i remember someone saying that they were compiling a LttP tileset that had the majority of the larger sprites/tiles minified for easy use with Zquest. has this ever been completed? or does anyone know the whereabouts of such a tileset?
thanks much in advance.

That would be me. I was going to compile all of Sludge's miniaturized LttP tiles into an existing version of Orion's full-scale LttP set, plus a few modifications for accuracy and quality control. (Mostly the sprites, which at the time were pretty shoddy.)

Eventually, I gave up on it, mainly because of the large amount of combos I would have needed to set up, not to mention the palette conflicts.
Later on, when Orion started announcing his progress on an update to his set, I submitted my previous work along with a lot of other fixes and notes. Pretty much half the functional improvements and points of accuracy, as well as all the sprite tiles and their set-up as you see them now were contributed by me. So it wasn't a total loss. =)

Now that the set is more or less finished, I've been considering restarting the mini version from scratch. Since there's almost nothing needed to fix with the base set anymore, it shouldn't be nearly as hard as it was last time.

Freelancer
11-10-2004, 06:43 PM
I was just wondering, do you know where I could find a color/colour scheme for Lttp overworlds?

CrystalBlade
11-11-2004, 04:27 AM
I was just wondering, do you know where I could find a color/colour scheme for Lttp overworlds?

In the LttP Tileset (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=28).

firebug
11-11-2004, 05:28 PM
That would be me. I was going to compile all of Sludge's miniaturized LttP tiles into an existing version of Orion's full-scale LttP set, plus a few modifications for accuracy and quality control. (Mostly the sprites, which at the time were pretty shoddy.)

Eventually, I gave up on it, mainly because of the large amount of combos I would have needed to set up, not to mention the palette conflicts.
Later on, when Orion started announcing his progress on an update to his set, I submitted my previous work along with a lot of other fixes and notes. Pretty much half the functional improvements and points of accuracy, as well as all the sprite tiles and their set-up as you see them now were contributed by me. So it wasn't a total loss. =)

Now that the set is more or less finished, I've been considering restarting the mini version from scratch. Since there's almost nothing needed to fix with the base set anymore, it shouldn't be nearly as hard as it was last time.

that would be really cool. i did notice that when i slapped some of the mini tiles in with orions tileset that although they looked good, when placed, (especially the trees) they do look slightly off. i tried to fix it with the tile editor, but i must confess, im not much of an artist. were you planning on touching up any of the tiles so as to make them more compatible with the full-size tiles?

Freelancer
11-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh one more thing, do you know where I could find enemies from Lttp? That would also be VERY usefull, thankyou.