PDA

View Full Version : I wish I were Ken Jennings

jman2050
11-08-2004, 11:21 AM
$2,000,000 in about 5 months time for stating useless trivia. You can't get any better than that ^_^

For the uninformed, Ken Jennings has a 67-game winning streak on jeopardy, and is now has the highest winnings of any contestant on a game show in history. Let's all disucss how jealous we are of him and muse about how we could've made this much money because we're obviously smarter than this guy (I know I have XD)

EDIT - I did not just call Ken Peter, did I? O_o

deathbyhokie
11-08-2004, 11:35 AM
i wish a horrible, painful, vile death upon ken jennings.

so at what point does he start making up ancedotes about his life for the "getting to know the contestants" part?

Rainman
11-08-2004, 11:43 AM
so at what point does he start making up ancedotes about his life for the "getting to know the contestants" part?
He already has I believe.

Oh and I want his man-baby.

Ganonator
11-08-2004, 12:36 PM
I believe the forum title still says 'peter jennings', and I was thinking that was an awfully high salary for a newscaster in 5 months.

Yes.. I believe he has 8 days left, but with this college tournament on now, who knows when that show will actually play on the syndicate.

::EDIT:: Just for you, I changed the thread title :tongue:

Feasul
11-08-2004, 04:32 PM
I started watching The Alex and Ken Show when Ken was on his sixth show, and Alex said that noone had ever gone 8 days on Jeopardy. What a long road it's been.

ShadowTiger
11-08-2004, 04:41 PM
... The whole experience is definitely one of those ".. Holy Crap!" moments.

"Holy Crap, Ken Jennings knows everything."
"Holy Crap, Ken Jennings is setting records."
"Holy Crap, Alex actually laughed!"

.. And so forth.

* BH4 learns the Indent Tag *

Shadowblazer
11-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Ken is my hero... Last night I was literally on the edge of my seat watching Jeopardy. I'm pretty sure that qualifies me as a Grade A geek, but that game was just plain exciting. I was pretty nervous right up to the point where that guy went all out on the Daily Double and lost 10k, securing Ken's win. I mocked him, as one might mock a left fielder that just got hit in the head by the fly ball he was supposed to catch. It was great.

SaiyanSerenityV
11-10-2004, 12:46 PM
HI! :kawaii:

SaiyanSerenityV
11-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Nya! Everyone's ignoring me today! :mad: What did I do?

Jigglysaint
11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
It's a forum, people come and post at their leasure. You might get a reply immediatly, or in 2 days. Just be patient.

As for me, Ken is awesome, not just because he's smart, but for other reasons....

jman2050
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Isn't he mormon? :P

Anyway, ShadowBlazer said it right. It's quite exciting seeing these people get oh so close only to fall in the last few minutes. It's interesting though, this win streak has literally caused his opponents to do everything it takes to beat him. I know that whoever ends up beating Ken will definitely be quite publicized for a bit.

ShadowTiger
11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Hell yeah. :odd: Remember those rumors started by The View, about one or two months ago? I wonder if those were true, or something. They may have been an accidental slip-up, by being taped in advance, and then a recover by the various forms of media may have placed it back on balance later. I wonder when he'll actually start to lose. I mean, although it's quite physically possible to keep going forever, I assume, ... eventually, he may just slip up. Well, at least he keeps his money wagers relatively low in those types of questions.

Good luck Ken. :highfive:

Dakatak
11-10-2004, 01:26 PM
The thing is, Ken's in a groove. I mean a GROOVE. It's like a second home to him and everyone else is just visiting. He's gotta feel really comfortable, and I'm sure that works in his favor.

I wish I had money.

ShadowTiger
11-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Knowledge is better than money. Knowledge comes with power built in. Money comes with toilet paper built in. ... But take that as you will. :rolleyes:

Grooves can be broken. It takes but a moment of carelessness or thoughtlessness to lose your precious lead. And it's that precious lead which makes K.J. a contenda for da prize. ;)

Dakatak
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Knowledge is power? That's crazy talk!

Seriously though, I know grooves can be broken but it doesn't look like Ken's the type of person that would let a slip up be his downfall. We shall see though.

ShadowTiger
11-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah. I think it's the fact that he answers very quickly. Most of his 'power' comes from the ability to press the buzzer before anyone else can. He then thinks up the answer on the spot, according to various interviews and 'rumors.' Eventually though, he'll "confidence" himself into a corner. I hope it doesn't come to that. He's already broken records though, so whenever he wants to, he can just write "kitten" to any answer, and bet all his money, and go down with a chuckle of some sort and let someone else hog the glory.

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Eventually though, he'll "confidence" himself into a corner.
What the hell does that mean???

N-e-ways. He is Mormon (that's what my mommy said!) and I'm Mormon, so I could be his cousin...
Birthday soon...
I'm flat broke...
Somebody help me...