PDA

View Full Version : Does ZQ install anything on your PC???

joshingway
11-07-2004, 12:11 AM
I am running windows XP, and I just got this. I have everything in one folder. Anyway before I start using this I want to know if it installs anything to your computer, because I like to fully uninstall every program when I am done with it, (I have 1.92). If it does what does it install???

Thanks.

Cepat
11-07-2004, 12:30 AM
ZC 1.92 doesn't install...you just need to extract the files into the folder that you assign (can be zcbeta or some other name you choose).
If you used ZC 1.90, it will be installed into your PC, but WinXP doesn't support 1.90

The Pheonix
11-07-2004, 09:52 AM
ZC 1.92 doesn't install...you just need to extract the files into the folder that you assign (can be zcbeta or some other name you choose).
Yeah, sure... I d/l 1.92 and I didn't get no zip file. It should create a folder called ZC192b183 in which it will install Zelda-w.exe and Zquest-w.exe as well as 4 quests (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 182test) and a few data files. Everything will be in the same folder.

Cepat
11-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Maybe to explain clearer...when you install ZC 1.90...you need to go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove program to uninstall it.

You don't need to do this if you extract the latest ZC 1.92 Beta Build 184 Player & ZC 1.92 Beta Build 182/183 support files (all these are zip files which you can get from the www.zeldaclassic.com downloads section).

*b*
11-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah, sure... I d/l 1.92 and I didn't get no zip file. It should create a folder called ZC192b183 in which it will install Zelda-w.exe and Zquest-w.exe as well as 4 quests (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 182test) and a few data files. Everything will be in the same folder.
wrong. the extraction procedure, by default, creates a folder named ZCBeta, or Zelda Classic (not sure about the latter, it's been a while since I've used 1.90), but you can rename it and chose the directory at any time

as for your question, Joshing; no, Zelda Classic does not install anything other than Zelda Classic and ZQuest, and as the other members have been so eager to point out, they don't technically "install"

Dart Zaidyer
11-07-2004, 07:19 PM
ZC doesn't have any extra programs, files, or other nasty "surprises" for you, if that's what you're asking. However, the newer betas have been known to leave garbage files in the root directory of the hard drive where it's installed. (You'll know them when you see them.) These can be deleted without any problems.