PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I haven't seen this question

JoeyImage
11-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Where do I find the passwords to play the quests? Every single .qst file says it requires an authorization password. Any help?

TIA

Orion
11-06-2004, 07:54 PM
It would seem you are trying to open the quests in ZQuest (the quest editor) instead of Zelda Classic (the quest player). Try using zelda.exe instead of zquest.exe. That should solve your problem.

*b*
11-06-2004, 07:59 PM
some quests are also passworded so peple can't go in and rip tiles and stuff, to use in their own quests. sometimes, however, people don't password their quests, or give out their password on special request

and yes, use the zelda.exe to play the quests, and zquest.exe to edit/create quests. they are known commonly around here as "the player" and "the editor"

(quotation marks added for dramatic effect)

JoeyImage
11-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Hmm, I'll look for it. I don't have a zelda.exe, but a zelda-w.exe, same thing?

Petoe
11-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Hmm, I'll look for it. I don't have a zelda.exe, but a zelda-w.exe, same thing?

Yeah, zelda-w.exe is the same thing. Click it to play ZC quests.

JoeyImage
11-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Yeah, zelda-w.exe is the same thing. Click it to play ZC quests.

Hmm, all that does is run the original LOZ from the NES days.. I'm a ZC noob, sorry.

JoeyImage
11-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Nevermind, I got it thanks :)

Dark Nation
11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
From the FAQ:

1.) Register a new Name
2.) When the error pops up, click ok to close the error message if you get one (not applicable for choosing custom quests).
3.) With your new name selected, press A (unless you already chose your own set of keys, this will be the left Alt key).
4.) Push your A button again.
5.) Click "Browse".
6.) If you are in the Zelda Classic folder, proceed to step 7. If you are NOT in the Zelda Classic folder...
6a.) Keep clicking the folder marked "..\" to go up a window until you find yourself in "My Computer".
(Your C drive and the floppy drive will appear here, so if you see those, you're in "My Computer". One step further up is basically the desktop.)
6b.)Find where you installed Zelda Classic, and enter the directory.
6c.)(A good indication is "Zelda" appearing at the start of the name. Unless you changed it at install, it should appear right in the C directory, or whichever directory you chose to install in.)
7.)Select 1st.qst, or the custom quest you wish to play.
8.)Click OK.
9.)Click OK again, in the previous window.
10.)Push your B button (by default, left Ctrl).
11.)Push Enter and start playing. Enjoy!