PDA

View Full Version : A Final Fantasy question

biggiy05
11-06-2004, 01:16 AM
I have seen a few music videos of the Final Fantasy games and they are really cool but what I can't figure out is what it is with going from these little kids to adults in no time. So my question is are all the Final Fantasy games connected? I know Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 are but as for the rest I have never played them.

cap2030
11-06-2004, 01:23 AM
None of the final fantasy games (except 10 and 10-2)are connected except by various series trademarks.

*b*
11-06-2004, 01:31 AM
there are various refrences in each game to others, like in FFIX, there is a old man in Lindblum named Locke, who was a character in FFVI. other than that, there aren't any real connections between the games

however, there are some links between other non-series games, like FFT and FFTA. in FFTA, FFT is an actual game, which makes FFTA a sequel, of sorts. Crystal Chronicals also seems to be a sequel to FFIX, but it may just be me

I'm hoping that, when they make the final game, they link them all together in some really obvious way, you know?

Cloral
11-06-2004, 01:47 AM
I kinda hope they don't do that. One of the nice things about the FF series was the fact that the stories didn't have anything to do with each other. It allowed them to make a good story for each individual game without having to worry about how it synced up with the others in the series.

Mak-X
11-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Final Fantasy VII apparently takes place years after FFX and FFX-2 on another planet, but its so loose as to not be much of a connection at all.

MrCow
11-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Dont forget in every game there is a character, minor or important, named Cid.

vegeta1215
11-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Are Vicks and Wedge still a part of newer Final Fantasy games? I liked seeing them in each game just like Cid :) (plus they were in Chrono Trigger's tent of horrors at the millenium fair)

Bloodstar64
11-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Are Vicks and Wedge still a part of newer Final Fantasy games?

Bigges and Wedge appeared in FF8, and I belive were Vicks, Bigges, and Wedge were all blitzball players in FFX...

Brasel
11-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Final Fantasy VII apparently takes place years after FFX and FFX-2 on another planet, but its so loose as to not be much of a connection at all.

I'm just curious, where did you hear this, Mak? I always kind of thought that FFVII took place on a post apocolyptic Earth, but only really because of the fighter jet in the boneyard.

Mak-X
11-06-2004, 05:17 PM
This was posted on GameFAQs a long time ago, which was pointed out to me by Warlock. I can only assume this is a real translation and is accurate. A FFX guide book I have also has one of the staff mentioning some kind of similarity between FFX and FFVII. The below quote is apparently from the Ultimia FFX-2 guide book.

From: JillV | Posted: 1/8/2004 9:41:39 AM | Message Detail
This took my friend and I HOURS to translate, and my friend has not played FF7 or FFX-2, she played KH though
---------------------------------------------------------
INTERVEIW

Q: The storyfs keyword is gconnectedh.

Watanabe (Scenario planner):
When we put all the scenes together, I personally like the keywordhconnectedh.

Nojima (Writer):
Inside the game, I try to connect all the scenes and stories together. The name Shinra, that was also in FF7, is it connected? Yes it IS connected. For example, gGraduation missionh and gRin Detectiveh missionh , Rin says g we are the same mindh, which itfs a mysterious line from the game.

Nojima again:
Shinra (the kid) quits the Gullwings, Rin gave Shinra a HUGE financial support, he found out by using Venagun, he can pull out lots of MAKO energy from the farplane, BUT he cannot complete this mission by himself. Later generations moved to another planet and created the Shinra (KANJI) companyc This occurs 1000 years later.

Q: AFTER that, does the story of FF7 occur?

Nojima (yet again):
Yeah, I guess so. In my mind I have those feelings in me. If I think about those characters involved in the story, Ifm holding those images inside me. Shinra was a good person, but his later generations will be like the gpresidentg. (laughs)

Watanabe:
One of the staff from FF7 saw Shinrafs episode, the camera work we used under Bevelle gave that staff member a gfamiliar feeling.h

Toriyama (director):
Yeah, that scene looked like the opening movie of Midgar from FF7.

"Vicks" was a mistranslation of "Biggs" btw

Dark Knight
11-08-2004, 04:58 PM
About the connection between FFX/FFX-2 and FFVII, Shinra in chapter 5 of X-2, talks about how he found out that he can use the energy in the farplane as an unlimited source of energy.(*ahem* Shinra=Macko=lifestream=souls in teh farplane)

But, of course, I may be wrong, and Shinra isn't talking about Macko(sp? it's been awhile since I've played FFVII)