PDA

View Full Version : Hokie Help

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-02-2004, 09:40 PM
I didn't know where to put this, so I just put it here so people(mainly Admins) can move it..

I need a solo for my band class, normally solos are easy to find...
but I play Bass Clarinet... n -e-help for Hokie?
p.s.-Ihave froze n/harde ned pepsi nin my keyboard, so n's b's and spaces press all the keys down an d make it hard to type (for ex: space bar leaves me with a space a nd an n.. as and n leaves me with n then space or a space followed by an n...)

Zero Wing
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
clarinet solo-work try you
heard I have
good sound

ZTC
11-03-2004, 01:01 PM
I need a solo for my band class, normally solos are easy to find...
but I play Bass Clarinet... n -e-help for Hokie?

solos are hard to comeby (i should know, i play that very instrument) just look for something from the regular clarinet category, of if you can transpose, some bass clef music(if you can't, i could possibly arrange some music for you if you give me a copy through e-mail)

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-06-2004, 10:54 PM
OMG Cyborg's awesome!!! Unfortunately, I'm still working on finding one. Do you think the Sorcerors Apprentence would be good?

ZTC
11-08-2004, 12:21 PM
never heard of it, send me a copy through e-mail(perferrably a recording of some kind), and i could get back to you on that

deathbyhokie
11-08-2004, 12:30 PM
never heard of it, send me a copy through e-mail(perferrably a recording of some kind), and i could get back to you on that

if you've ever seen fantasia, it's the song that's played while mickey animates the brooms.

and it wouldn't be too good as a bass clarinet solo. pick something jazzy. it's more fun to play

ZTC
11-08-2004, 12:51 PM
/me goes to look at his BeBop book to possibly arrange something suitable

EDIT--
ok, there is some stuff that you could use, but i need to know your skill level of playing first

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-10-2004, 05:54 PM
I own the shizznit...
But seriously, I am pretty good, just send me anything and I'll see what I can make out od it... buddy.

ZTC
11-13-2004, 03:56 PM
since i don't have a scanner, i can only give you a reccomendation :(
here it is--

Bob Duets
Complete
including Vol. I-II-III
by Bugs Bower and edited by Steve Bulla

(you can get away with just playing the top line with little to no modification :D )
Note- just a reminder, these pieces have a long-short eighth note rhythm ;)
#4 (pretty easy)
#14 (play measures 1-15 on the bottom line, then start with the top line; at measure 16, use a transition going down using D B G Eb and then contiuneing an octive lower, then at measure 24, after playing the first 2 notes, use a low F# for another transition to play the remaining part down an octive)
#16 (down an octave)
#20 (down an octave)

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-13-2004, 09:49 PM
And I can get that, how?

ZTC
11-15-2004, 10:27 AM
a music store, you can check with your teacher for geting that book; that kind of thing

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh, seessss, money... That's not good.
I have no time for shipping and no money to buy it with.

So, let me rephrase my question...
"Any good FREE sheet music for BC"

p.s.-I'm tryin an Inuyasha piece

ZTC
11-17-2004, 10:36 PM
heh; I'll have to look, how much time do you have to work on a piece?