PDA

View Full Version : Nobuo Uematsu and Square Enix Will Part Ways...

Gerudo
10-31-2004, 03:32 PM
first saw this on vgmusic.com, then another source (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2004/103004b.html)...

Nobuo Uematsu's official fan club has confirmed this report, saying that Uematsu will leave Square Enix this month and join a company named "Smile Please" in November. Uetmasu said that he would not want to call this "quitting," as that term is too extreme. Rather, it is akin to graduating from the company. His reason for leaving is to pursue work at his own pace. He plans to continue his work in writing game music, performing in concerts, and producing the upcoming second Black Mages album. He is also planning other activities outside of Japan as well.
hmm...

although he's not retiring altogether, its still sad that unless he contributes to future Square Enix projects (mainly the never ending Final Fantasy series ;)), the music will seem to lack a certain greatness.

Zero Wing
11-01-2004, 12:04 PM
*cries*

excellent music series Final Fantasy is, 4-6 best the be of my playing with listening

*b*
11-01-2004, 04:22 PM
I just saw this at RPGamer...

I can't believe it. though, after twenty years at Square/Enix, I can imagine how he would like a change of pace. hopefully he'll finish FFXII's soundtrack before he leaves