PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto San Andres

Link 101
10-31-2004, 01:16 PM
So, I didn't see a thread for this game, unless I read over it. I personally don't have it, but I have heard a lot of good things about this game. The best thing I heard about was that you can finally swim! No more dying as soon as you touch water! The last one I really played was GTA 3, I played a little of GTA Vice City, but not to much of it. What do you guys think of this game, if anyone here even has it that is.

Petoe
10-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah, swimming is cool. The more you swim the bigger your lung capacity gets. And I love hijacking a train. And riding a bike...
GTA: SA is a game every PS2 player should own. Though I was quite disappointed to the game (the graphics are poor especially in Los Santos and the camera is sometimes horrible) it is still a very good game... and huge. San Andreas must be the biggest game ever made!

Link 101
10-31-2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I hear the maps are very big. I also hear this game is pretty difficult too. I also hear you can have a gang and engage in gang wars. That would be pretty fun, if you ask me.

Orion
10-31-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm all Grand theft Auto'd-out. I thoroughly enjoyed GTA3. I bought GTA:VC and thought it was ok, but i really didnt like it and didnt play it too much. I don't plan on dropping $50 for San Andreas. Maybe rent it.

Pablo
10-31-2004, 02:31 PM
It's fun, but I can wait till it comes out on PC to buy it. I can't afford to buy a PS2 just to play San Andreas, but even if I could, I wouldn't.

MottZilla
10-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Ya but you know what's a pain in the ass is if you swim (or use the glitch i accidentally found) to get to islands you aren't supposed to be at yet, your warrent level automatically goes up and you stand no chance.

Anyway, I think everyone with a PS2 should expect the poor graphics, not to mention I don't know how many times I'd been driving along and the system STILL hadn't loaded the textures for where I was and I was driving through flat textured land! Oh what fun!

DarkDragoonX
10-31-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm waiting for the PC version. Better resolution, better loading (no flat-texture land on a PC!), and most importantly, mouse control. Who the hell would put up with shitty lock-on/analog control when you could just use the classic WASD/mouse combination?

Link 101
11-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I am gonna get it for PC, as well as Vice City. Any idea when this could be released for PC? Probably after it is released for XBox, if it will be that is. They have Vice City for $15 at Wal-Mart or Media Play, one of the two.

Eskyris
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I bought San Andreas last friday. It's great! I just love the GTA series. The missions can be hard. I'm not allowed on the other islands yet, but I got there taking the private jet from the airport, though the fun there was short, because they shot my jet down. I don't have much trouble with loading, everything goes okay. I had a lot of fun wrecking the place with a tank. Also funny, I found a purple sex toy in the bathroom of the police station, you can hit people with it. :laughing:

DarkDragoonX
11-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I am gonna get it for PC, as well as Vice City. Any idea when this could be released for PC?

Take2 (Rockstar's parent company) announced that the PC version will be released in 3rd quarter, 2005. In other words, that means it will be released about a year after the PS2 version.

SixTen
11-01-2004, 03:24 PM
It's awesome. The stats are strange at first, and you have to up them or your player sucks at driving and shooting and everything else.

When I first played it i kinda liked VC more (same feeling I had when i got VC, I liked GTA 3 more) but it grows on you. The gang wars are cool. There are a lot more planes and more cars, you can ride bicycles and do bunny hops.

The targeting system is weird, it doesnt target the closest enemy like VC used to do. But there are new weapons, i don't knwo about more though. You now have two types of missile launchers, a bazooka and an RPG launcher. You also have weapons stats. You become more proficient with guns the more you use them.

You can also change your appearance...and don't eat too much. You will get fat.