PDA

View Full Version : Link tile modifier

*b*
10-30-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure if this has been done already, or not, but would it be possible to increase the Link Tile Mod to include walking up, swimming, slashing, and attack tiles? it just dosen't make much sense, to me, that it only modifies the left/right and forward tiles

Dark Nation
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
I thought the "Full Link Tile Mod" quest rule did that already.

ShadowTiger
11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Well, then how does it work? I mean, since you can select where the Swimming and Slash tiles go, (And now, we can click on the Link Tiles in the Quest-->Graphics-->Link area to set where they are.) it only gets more confusing from here! :shrug:

Dark Nation
11-02-2004, 12:13 PM
The modifier adds a specified number to whatever tile you select, if the Full Tile Modifier rule is on. Otherwise, it only affects left, right, and down walking tiles. Also, you can't select the Link sprite tiles yet from the Graphics->Sprites->Link menu. You can just view them to see that they are set up correctly.

ShadowTiger
11-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Well, when I click on them, they DO take me to the Tiles Page menu, and when I select a tile other than what is there, (This is all in Alpha 4, BTW.) and press Enter, the Link animation looks quite different.

.. So it's based on the numbers, is it. So it just does the standard mathematical calculations, but affects all of Link's applied tiles as well? .. What's left to say, other than "nifty." :p Thanks. :)

Dark Nation
11-02-2004, 12:36 PM
It may change in the dialog, but when you save and reload the quest, it goes back to normal, yes?

ShadowTiger
11-02-2004, 12:38 PM
*Adds that to his list of things to do this weekend*
Anything else you had in mind we should test? I suppose it would be a good thing to try and see if all of these Link Tile Mods work properly. ... (Math skills, don't fail me now! >_<)

Dark Nation
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
None that I can think of.

*b*
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
I thought the "Full Link Tile Mod" quest rule did that already.wait, there's a quest rule for this? why wasn't I told!? guess I haven't been paying attention... sorry about that

*b*
11-11-2004, 01:09 AM
double post, I know, but I thought I should post this, and I don't want to start another topic

even with the Full Link Tile Mod quest rule enabled, it still does not affect the attack animation. I've yet to test the slash/hammer/swimming animations, so I don't know if those are affected or not. but if I were to hazard a guess, I would say they are not supported