PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man DWR Director's Cut RELEASED

Pages : [1] 2

Petoe
10-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge DC (FOR BUILD 183)

MMDWR is back! Now bigger and better than ever!
If you have never played or heard of Mega Man: Dr.Wily's Revenge before, check out this topic: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=82667

MMDWR DC improves many of the flaws of the old version of MMDWR and though many of the changes and improvements are minor, the game looks, sounds and feels much better now. I suggest that everyone gives the quest a try... even those who have finished it. The quest is big, diverse, and unique.

DOWNLOAD THE QUEST HERE: http://www.freewebs.com/finnishflesh/
======================
(You should play the quest with ZC 1.92 Beta 183. Playing with newer betas will cause really weird continue bugs, but it's nothing serious so do whatever you want. If you don't have ZC Beta 183, go to http://www.zeldaclassic.com/ and download it)

Before you start playing, you SHOULD read the MMDWR DC readme file. It has some really important and useful info.

All MegaMan fans who don't like any exeptions in MegaMan's world shouldn't take the story too seriously. AND, all Mega Man haters should give the quest a chance since it is not an ordinary MM game. You just might be surprised and even enjoy the Zelda-ish world of Mega Man.

Well, since talking doesn't do any goog usually, I'll let the new screenshots speak for themselves:

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel8.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel2.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel3.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel4.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel5.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel6.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel7.gif

http://members.aol.com/finnishflesh2/images/rel1.gif

More screenshots here: http://www.freewebs.com/finnishflesh/

Okay, end of post. I hope you have fun playing! I had really much fun making the quest! ;) :rolleyes:

mr.Descer
10-29-2004, 08:57 PM
hey cool man! You managed to release the quest today as you promised. But how is it possible that this topic was down here and the old news topic is up there... wierd people. O_o

Well congrats! You have made the coolest zc quest ever even better! You just have to make people realize that. there are veery many new people here who are still playing old Zelda quests....

ZeldaFan001
10-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Two questions,

I can't seem to find the Warper, did you move it somewhere else?

I found an extra keycard laying around in the mines. Any clue what to do with it yet?

Petoe
10-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Yeah I did move the warper to near Iso Dome. After you get the Power Chip, you can move the block that is blocking the entrance to the small building.

You found an extra keycard in the mines? But there aren't any keycards in the mines. You probably mean the keycard you found from that dark cave behind the Skull Man
statue, don't you? Well, there are 10 hidden statues in the game and they all have something to offer to you. The statues have 2 extra keycards for you. And they're just extra keycards, so that means that they are unnecessary, but really helpful if you can't find a keycard in the bigger and harder levels.

And don't worry Descer. Let's let these new people to get used to the idea that non-Zelda quests can be awesome too. ;)

mr.Descer
10-30-2004, 07:11 PM
The stupid warper item is now Protomans whistle and it calls Beat the bird! If you make that sfx file then it would sound cool to hear Protoman's tune from the whistel.

Now where is that gigantic advertising campaing of yours? You have to make the people to realize what they are missing if they do not try the quest.

But guess what! My cousin who could not even beat the first Windman is already at the second dome. You really made a wise decision when you toned doun the difficulty. Even if the quest is too easy now it is still fun^1000.

ShadowTiger
10-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Okay. Now, suppose for a minute that my PC "doesn't like" 183, and I'm forced to use 182 instead. Will this seriously impact anything, Petoe? (Specifically, Boss Lock Blocks?)

Petoe
10-30-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm glad to hear that Descer.

And BH4, if you cannot use 183, then can you use 184? You should definitely use 184 instead of 182... I'm not even sure if the quest works at all on 182 (you see, I don't remember did I build the quest with ZQuest build 182 or 183 :sweat: But even if it was 182, no one has tested the quest with 182.)

ShadowTiger
10-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Oh, the compatibility issue between versions is affected by major changes. 182-->183-->184 isn't all that major a change, from what I am aware of. And no, 184 is out of the proverbial question for me. I've always liked 182. :) I really don't know why. It just moulds itself to your fingers. *Huggles 182 out of boredom*

... Oh, and I tested it with 182. :) All through out. I barely had any problems with it either. :)

ZeldaFan001
10-31-2004, 02:32 AM
I've played the quest up to Level 6 and I'm stuck at the same place in the Factory. I've found one keycard so far in a chest past a pool that you must use the latter, but after I've used it, I can't seem to find any more. Is there something I'm missing here?

I still haven't found the whistle yet, though I have a general idea of its location and the fact that I have to wait just a little bit longer to get it.

Cepat
10-31-2004, 02:38 AM
The whistle is near Iso Dome.

MottZilla
10-31-2004, 04:59 AM
Petoe, what's the status on a SFX.DAT? I think that would make the playing experience most desirable. I tried someone's (sorry I forget who) Metroid quest awhile back and was pleased with the results and after seeing the shots of your quest I look forward to getting a chance to try it.

Petoe
10-31-2004, 08:27 AM
Petoe, what's the status on a SFX.DAT? I think that would make the playing experience most desirable. I tried someone's (sorry I forget who) Metroid quest awhile back and was pleased with the results and after seeing the shots of your quest I look forward to getting a chance to try it.

Well in that case I will release a SFX file ASAP... hopefully on monday. I just asked the guy who made the Metroid demo (PolygonX8) to help me, so expect the SFX file to sound good.

And Zeldafan, you still don't have the whistle? You could have gotten it during your stay at the Iso Dome. Just go in to the small part of the dome at the "fence maze".

ZeldaFan001
10-31-2004, 12:10 PM
I figured out how to progress in the factory now. I had to hit a switch that was across the pool.

Since I've been gone from ZC for a while, I guess I've somewhat forgotten some of the features and cool stuff you can do in a quest. That switch had confused me for some time, before I realized what I had to do and started thinking how simple it was and that I should have figured it out a little sooner.

I'm progressing in Level 6 quite nicely. Good job, I played it nonstop yesterday and got very far. Level 6 was the last place I stopped at in the regular quest. Let's hope I finish the game this time. :)

P.S. Yes, I have the whistle now.

Petoe
10-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Uh... yeah, you're in the factory already! I forgot to help you, but fortunately you found out what to do by yourself. In my opinion the Facory is the toughest level in the game (if you don't count the last place). If you beat the factory, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to beat the whole game.

Oh and when you people play MMDWR, don't think about stuff that ZC can't do because there is a possibility it can do it! ;) MMDWR takes everything out of the ZC engine, so you should try to play the quest like you play any game.

Manny
10-31-2004, 01:46 PM
cheers petoe! I look forward to playing your quest once i get some free time to do so. looks great. I played the original last summer (didn't make it too far), but i look forward to starting fresh. Hope to see that sfx.dat as well. anyway, take it easy.
falou
-manny

Petoe
10-31-2004, 09:21 PM
This time you probably will get much further, Manny. ;) At least you're giving the quest another chance now that it is heavily improved.

And now is a quite busy time for people, isn't it? People are busy with school and stuff, but soon people will have time to play quests so I have to get prepared. The SFX.dat is almost finished and the MMDWR DC website is starting to look pretty good as well.

I hope some of the testers of this quest will be able to help help-seeking people because I'm almost sure that soon we'll be seeing many people stuck in the quest and asking help...

mr.Descer
11-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Well Pete, you know I would like to help but I am not able to do much.

I hope you get that sfx released today so that people dont have to wait any longer.

Petoe
11-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I wanted to release the sfx.dat tonight, but I'm just not happy with it. So I'm gonna continue working on it so that I can get a really good sounding file released tomorrow instead of the mediocre one I currently have here...

Hmm, where is DFW? I miss her angry comments...

ZeldaFan001
11-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Yo, I finally finished Level 6! :highfive:

I also went to MegaZone and tried out the challenge, unfortunately, I was doing really good, and then a glitch halts my progress. The site I'm providing these screenies from doesn't support off-site linking, so you will have to copy and paste in your browser.

The Part I was in before the glitch happened. (Messed up graphics, but still the room I was in.

http://spesite.netfirms.com/before.bmp

After defeating the enemies there, I ended up in this screen.

http://spesite.netfirms.com/after.bmp

Yeah, I was a little disappointed for getting far, and then getting nothing in return, but I'm sure this bug can be easily squashed.

Having a good time, at an area of the quest I haven't been at yet, and am currently searching for Level 7. These new super bombs oughta really help me out.

Now, back to the quest! :computer:

Petoe
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh, that's an annoying bug! Thanks for reporting it. Some of the floor is buggy so that it warps you to the corner. If you stand near the stairs when killing those bats, you should warp correctly to the next screen. But I guess that needs fixing, and if any more bugs are found, I'll make a small update.

About level 7, it's hard to find, but now that you have the super bombs... ;)

EDIT: All right people, the SFX file for MMDWR is now finished and downloadable at the MMDWR website here: http://www.freewebs.com/finnishflesh/index.htm

The file is pretty big, and to be honest, I don't think it's necessary to download these SFX sounds. However, if you want a more MegaMan-ish feeling to the game, then you simply have to play the quest with MMDWR sfx.

ZeldaFan001
11-03-2004, 12:22 AM
YAY BABY! I'm gonna download it right now!

BTW, I'm updating my sig that tells my current progress, so I'll update it every time I get somewhere, so you know if I'm having any trouble or not. Progressing nicely in Level 7, it hasn't stumped me so far yet, but those blocks that disappear and send you back to the first floor can be irritating sometimes.

MottZilla
11-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Eeek. You realize you should downsample the sound effects right? That likely why it's so huge. Also you should change sound effects to mono whenever possible (as there is no reason to be stereo that I could think of).

Petoe
11-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Eek? Well, I knew someone would say that... :sweat:
The problem is that PolygonX8 recorded most of the sounds and I have no good enough programs to downsample the sounds effects. Of course if the size becomes a too big problem for many people, I have to ask Polygon to record the sounds again. But Mottzilla, you said you liked the Metroid sfx file, and it was pretty huge too... about 1.8 megs. The MMDWR sfx is 2.5 megs, so it's not that much bigger. But if you have a slow connection then I can feel your pain.

And ZeldaFan001, that's cool what you did with your sig! I'll be paying attention to your sig every now and then.

PolygonX8
11-04-2004, 01:53 AM
The demo of MtPP, Pirate's Projects right? That quest is turning out better than I expected and I can't even find what's so great about it...

The SFX file is no doubt huge as hell. The method I used for getting the sounds was that of the same I made for the MtPP SFX, so I'm not sure why the filesize on MMDWR blasted up, epsecially when MtPP's changes every sound in the dat file. :shrug: Well, when I get time I'll mess wit the file myself and see what may be causing the large filesize.

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Eek? Well, I knew someone would say that... :sweat:
The problem is that PolygonX8 recorded most of the sounds and I have no good enough programs to downsample the sounds effects.

I have two very good sound editing programs, both of which have a few minor snags if you don't pay for them, but both work very well regardless. The first is Cool Edit 96 (which can probably be found on downloads.com or a google search), and the second is Goldwave (also on downloads.com or google).

Cool Edit is fully functional, save for the ingenious quirk of only being able to use two function sets at a time. For example, the save, open, etc commands are one, while recording is another, and so on. The rest are fairly complex, and personally I've never had a use for them, but then again, I don't do much besides waveform editing. It should do what you need to with no problems, I believe.

GoldWave is also fully functional, but you can only use 3000 commands before the program locks up and requires registration. Every time you click play, stop, rewind, a drop down menu option, etc., it counts as a click. I never used it much, because Cool Edit did what I needed, mostly, but 3000 is a lot more than you might think, and should at least work for your purposes.

Maybe it's just me, because I just installed a download resume program, but I can't download the quest right now. Gives me a missing file error. Strange, no? Maybe it's just a bandwidth issue, if I'm lucky.

Petoe
11-04-2004, 10:37 AM
{DSG}DarkRaven! I haven't seen you in a while...
I have to see if I'd be able to do something with those programs you suggested.

And Polygon, I'd be glad if you some day could send me smaller versions of the sound effects :) (unless I do something first).

And ZeldaFan001, I saw from your sig that you don't like the Z1 sounds in the new SFX file. Well, I don't think they sound that bad, and because some of the sound effects are used for multiple sounds, I had no choice but to leave those Zelda effects there. Otherwise the sounds would have sounded stupid. And another thing is that the sfx is already big enough. Add some more new sounds there and it would be over 3 megs... :sweat:

ZeldaFan001
11-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I suppose I can just update the sound file myself since I have the lttp sfx.dat file right here.

So far, I think I'm in the last level of the game, so this is it! Hopefully, I can do a review soon too, so I'll try to finish playing this game later today after class.

I seem to be having trouble winning the surfboard game. Is it currently beatable and are there different paths you can take that allow you to win? I've gotten past at least 4 screens, but can't figure it out.

Petoe
11-04-2004, 04:32 PM
There's only 1 path in the surfboard mini game. If I remember correctly, there are 7 screens. Of course it is beatable right after you get the surfboard. You probably know that you can only turn the surfboard when next to a solid object? The surfboard minigame is tough, but it's nowhere near impossible. Always when you come to a new screen, you have to be fast an decide your route through the screen or the game's over.

And I'd be glad to get more reviews. You people have no idea how fun it is to read people's opinions, no matter what everyone thinks about the quest. ;)

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-05-2004, 02:18 AM
I've been on a bit of an internet hiatus recently, but I finally decided to defile my laptop with NetZero's garbage service. Sorry I never got a chance to do much testing for you, but apparently that hasn't been a problem. Now if I could only get an uncorrupted copy of the file...

Petoe
11-05-2004, 07:50 AM
I've been on a bit of an internet hiatus recently, but I finally decided to defile my laptop with NetZero's garbage service. Sorry I never got a chance to do much testing for you, but apparently that hasn't been a problem. Now if I could only get an uncorrupted copy of the file...

Well, to be honest, the testing didn't go very well... :sweat: But the quest is finally here and only 1 bug has been reported so far.

About the corrupted file, where did you download it? Someone else said he got a corrupted file when downloading it from the AGN QDB.

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-06-2004, 01:26 AM
I downloaded it the first time from your site, and it didn't work for the zc183 file or the quest, but then I tried again with GetRight (a download resumer), and that couldn't even find the file. Once I uninstalled it, it worked fine through the regular windows downloader, and the quest extracted fine. I'm still working on the 183 though. I figure it might just have something to do with my evil NetZero High Speed. So it's probably no big deal.

Petoe
11-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Hmm, that sounds weird. Well let's hope it's not a big deal. I always get worried when I hear the words "corrupted" and "file" in the same sentence.

mr.Descer
11-07-2004, 07:44 AM
If anything is corrupted, it is you Petoe! :P

But about my cousin again: after seeing the 'doom' level in MMDWR my cousin wants to know are you sick or something? And I want to know when you are going to finish the walkthrough!

Petoe
11-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Hey, I have to work on the MMDWR tileset. So no walkthroughs are coming soon unless someone wants to make one. But that doesn't mean I don't have time to help people who are stuck with the quest.

And people who have finished the quest, remember to post your reviews. ;)

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-07-2004, 11:59 PM
You know, I hate to be the bringer of bad news... again... but I've run into a serious problem with the Iso Dome. Again.

Ahem. Great quest so far, just as before. I'll try and find somewhere to host the screenie and PM you with the details.

Petoe
11-08-2004, 07:38 AM
The problem you are talking about... are you just stuck in the Dome or have you found a bug?

EDIT: ZeldaFan001, just curious, are you going to make any kind of review? I remember you said somethingabout making one... :)

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Oh, my dear Pete, would I ever toy with you in such a manner as to say I found a problem and not have it be an actual problem? Certainly not. No, it's a continue bug. I die, I respawn, and I'm trapped between two screens by invisible blocks. I don't know what your quest does to activate it, but it's certainly an engine bug of some sort. Go down the ladder from the main chamber in the Iso dome, to the room where there's a door at the top and five heavy push blocks in the next screen. I died there, and I respawn at the bottom of the ladder with the aforementioned invisible block conundrum. Try it out for yourself. I'm using 183, just as you recommended. I'll post a screenie if you like.

Petoe
11-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Uh oh... well if you could post a screenie, then please do it. I might already know the problem but I just want to be sure.

I wouldn't want to release any more versions of MMDWR, but if some serious bugs are found, then I have to make a small update soon...

Joe
11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't want to release any more versions of MMDWR, but if some serious bugs are found, then I have to make a small update soon...
Thank you! I have now played 3 versions of MMDWR and I think 3 versions are enough! I did enjoy all 3! However 3 versions are pushing the limit.

Thanks - Joe

Petoe
11-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Heh, well I think 3 versions are just fine. I hate updates and updating things myself, but MMDWR DC was a necessary update, and so far everybody has agreed with me... I guess.

Hmm, do I have to start a huge advertising campaing to get more replies here or what? :)

mr.Descer
11-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey I think MMDWR was good enough back then but I will admit this DC is so much better and if someone thought MMDWR was not the best quest during 1st release, now it is.
But you dont have to release more updates anymore. Few bugs is nothing unless Darkraven found something really bad. O_o

Petoe
11-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Well I haven't heard of DarkRaven yet. But yeah, I agree. At the moment MMDWR doesn't need any more updates. But we'll see...

Oh, and I'd really appreciate if people who promise to make reviews could make them. Here's a thread with a couple of reviews so far: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=55&t=8242&

CrystalBlade
11-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Don't worry, Petoe. I'll review it once I finish it (still in the Power Station... x_x).

Petoe
11-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Heh, well I have to wait for a while for your review then CrystalBlade. :)

(BTW, nice to see you here at AGN. I missed your welcome topic, so welcome!)

Vargen
11-13-2004, 11:32 AM
I have a similar problem as DarkRaven inside Isodome. When I die inside the dome, in this case when meeting the two "aquamentus", and then respawn - I can´t move in certain directions. It is exactly like DarkRaven wrote, invisible blocks, and I can´t get to the aquamentus room again. When quiting and saving and restarting from the beginning of the dome (where you can talk to all people), it is possible to get to the boss. I am using the 183 player.

GAGGLONE
11-13-2004, 08:05 PM
nvm, i feel dorky...

jovo
11-14-2004, 04:34 AM
I remember an invisible block problem as well. When I died in that tough trap part in the SW corner of Iso Dome and continued, I could not move anywhere because of some invisible blocks. Restarting ZC helped me so it's ok. And I used 183 like you suggested.

But that is the only problem I have noticed. The quest is amazing and almost bugfree! :thumbsup:

Petoe
11-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh skitta...
Yeah. I noticed that "invisible block" problem. It seems to occur only when you die in certain parts of Iso Dome and it is easily fixed by restarting ZC. But it still can be annoying. Oh well, though ZC build 183 is definitely the version to play the quest with, there still are some oddities like this.

mr.Descer
11-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Oddities? yeah right. Every quest has some oddities, especially profesional ones like MMDWR. But so far not so many have had problems with nothing else than the tough levels. Isn't that so Pete?

GAGGLONE
11-14-2004, 07:45 PM
i cant wait till you release the tiles, i want to make a modern game in the harry potter universe, about a girl in a town whose job with the minestry of magic sends her on quests for... ok, thats all im saying for now...

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Ah, well, though I've been slow to respond, it seems my concern is already well known. Glad to hear it's a minor bug. This of course means that I can once again begin playing your fine quest, Pete. Huzzah!

Petoe
11-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Yay DarkRaven, yay! :)

i cant wait till you release the tiles, i want to make a modern game in the harry potter universe, about a girl in a town whose job with the minestry of magic sends her on quests for... ok, thats all im saying for now...
Hmm... Well I guess the MMDWR town tiles could fit well in a modern Harry Potter quest... Hmm.
Bur anyways, I have to hurry with that set since I know many people are waiting for it.

mr.Descer
11-16-2004, 09:15 AM
You could leave all the 'spoiler' tiles out of the set so you do not have to worry about peoples slow progress and you could release the set sooner. Just a thought.

Petoe
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Well that's one way to do it Descer, I guess. Anyways, I still have quite a lot of work to do. All the tiles in the MMDWR DC file are so unorganized that woah...!

Anyways, let's talk about the quest again instead of its tiles. I know many people are playing the quest, so I'd like to hear more opinions as well.

PolygonX8
11-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Well hey, I'll be glad to take it unorganized. The sooner I get the tiles, the sooner I start MOR. :) But, I will make changes... I just need some of the tiles as a base for some edits I will do and others I will use.

Petoe
11-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Well you just have to be a bit more patient, Polygon. :P
Go and play MP2's hard mode, and after that go finish your Metroid remake and MttP. THEN start working on MOR and I'm sure by then MMDWR tileset is released and available at the PureZC database.

mr.Descer
11-21-2004, 06:45 AM
You're telling other people to be patient when you are the most impatient person I have ever met. It is just a bit funny. :p

Petoe
11-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Well whatever dude. But it's not like I'm going to eat my words or anything, so the set will be released when it's good enough for a public release. I just wish people would stop PMing me about the tileset. It's probably the biggest tileset ever made, so I will let you all know when the time comes... ;)

jovo
11-28-2004, 03:00 AM
Hello again

I want to finish MMDWR 100% but I haven't found all the statues and HC pieces yet. Could you tell me where to find everything? Please. ;)

Petoe
11-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Well, unfortunately I haven't updated the LEP locations guide yet, but I can PM you the secret statue locations if you have tried to look everywhere for them.

mr.Descer
12-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Hey, I have written down on paper all the LEp locations. I can just show you the paper and you can update that guide. Right? :)

Petoe
12-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Like I don't have them anywhere. :rolleyes:

But I don't even know if there's need for a walkthrough. At least people aren't showing any need for it. More help seekers would make editing the walkthrough easier...

mr.Descer
12-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Looks like you do not have to waste your time making any walkthrus then?
Leaves more time for yuor next quests. :)

But somebody must make these AGN newbies understand this is the best quest released so far.

chinostc
12-06-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm having a problem in the power plant. I've played it through, got the power on, then got into the Dr. Wiley room with the final boss. We killed each other simultaneously and now I cant get back into the boss room. Do I need to start over?

Petoe
12-07-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm having a problem in the power plant. I've played it through, got the power on, then got into the Dr. Wiley room with the final boss. We killed each other simultaneously and now I cant get back into the boss room. Do I need to start over?

You killed each other at a same time? Oh damn, unfortunate coincidence. :(
And yeah, you have to start over since killing the boss triggesr the doors shut permanently meaning you cannot get the 1st triforce piece. That's just really bad luck. If you decide to start over, try to avoid dying simultaneously with the bosses in the game to prevent any of these problems and everything's fine. ;)

chinostc
12-07-2004, 05:23 PM
well, better to have learned on the first dungeon. Next time, I won't suicide bomb the boss as a last ditch effort. I'll start the game over. It'll go quicker a second time anyway. Directors cut looks great and is a nice adaptation from zelda.

Petoe
12-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Well yeah, I'm glad you encountered this problem so early. You was clever and tried to kill the boss with a kamikaze strike, but in MMDWR it'll just cause you problems. Now I have to warn others on other boards so they won't get stuck because of this problem. Thanks for letting me know about this issue.

And MMDWR is indeed something different from Zelda. I myself got bored to all of the Zelda quests and then my friend suggested to make a non-Zelda quest. Well, I made one and now people are happy.
It's a good thing you open your mouth when you have something to say Descer. ;)

chinostc
12-13-2004, 01:58 AM
I was wrong, it took the same amount of time to get to where I was at the beginning, but I was better equipped to finish the boss at the end of the power station. SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER!! lol I did a lot of exploring afterwards, found some more items, but haven't figured out where I need to go next. I got the tip from roll to find Dr. Light in the mountains, but can't seem to find a way up there. Maybe I missed something in the sewer?

mr.Descer
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
I was wrong, it took the same amount of time to get to where I was at the beginning, but I was better equipped to finish the boss at the end of the power station. SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER!! lol I did a lot of exploring afterwards, found some more items, but haven't figured out where I need to go next. I got the tip from roll to find Dr. Light in the mountains, but can't seem to find a way up there. Maybe I missed something in the sewer?

Oh you cannot go to the mountains yet. There are those rocks blocking your path and you need some new equipment to move heavy objects. ;)
I guess yuor next destination is the Iso dome level. You can get there only thru sewers. Access the sewers via that sewer access in the northeast corner of overworld. You know, there where Dr.Light's laboratory is?

I hope that helpps.

Petoe
12-13-2004, 01:53 PM
A tip from Roll? Hmm, the girl in the lab isn't Roll. Roll is abducted you know.

Yeah, I know, whatever. :rolleyes:

virenwarrior
12-17-2004, 01:26 PM
I Got This Game Last Night And Will Play It This Afternoon!!!!!!!
I expect it to be GREAT!

Petoe
12-17-2004, 05:29 PM
That's cool. If you like different and unique kind of quests, then MMDWR DC should be just like made for you. ;)

And don't forget to tell me your opinions as you proceed.

virenwarrior
12-17-2004, 07:14 PM
I just made it to the power station and can't beat the miniboss with L1shadow blade... I need to try harder...

Petoe
12-18-2004, 04:22 AM
With some practice it should be easy. Be sure to have at least one E-Tank so that you can refill your lost energy, and though the boss might be scary :rolleyes: , a goopd idea would be to stay as close to him as you can. That way you can hit him quicker.

But I'm sure you've already beaten the boss and therefor don't need these tips...

Phazite
12-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I just started and don't know what to do to get to the power plant.

Petoe
12-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Link75, could you be a bit more specific? :)
Have you been in the sewers yet? If not, then you have to bomb a small brick building south of the E-Center in MegaCity.

chinostc
12-20-2004, 02:35 AM
You'll need to find the sewers hidden in the city. One of the town's folk will tell you where to find them.

Petoe
12-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Hmm... This thread is 4 pages long already, but I haven't seen much feedback yet. Maybe MMDWR is hard to be reviewed since it's so different than other quests. I dunno. I'll just patiently wait and help people, maybe somebody will someday come and say more than "hey this's a great quest!". :rolleyes:

mr.Descer
12-21-2004, 06:48 PM
People don't want to help you? Just live with it. All the smartest people have already said the quest is best and stuff. What more you need? The quest is alomost perfect so I guess that is why people have hard time coming up with constructive criticisms. Rrrright?

And you know what! release that tileset and people will remember MMDWR ;-)

Cepat
12-22-2004, 02:09 AM
Petoe, just want to say an excellent quest is not judged by how many enquiries people make but rather by the quality of posts.
You know you have done a superb job in creating those cutscenes, custom designed bosses, three cities/towns, which really is no easy task and yet you did it, you should be proud of what you have achieved.
Even though you may feel you do not have enough people posting their comments/criticisms, the fact is you have achieved alot with your quest, so well done :D
You should be comforted to know you have the highest downloads of all the quests at AGN QDB :)

Petoe
12-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Exactly Ielen! But it's not the quality of the quest I'm worried about, it's just that according to all the download numbers, view numbers and emails I've got etc. MMDWR seems to be a really popular quest, so it's a bit weird and disappointing to see only about 1 post/day about the quest. If people really don't have anything to say, then it's fine, I'm not asking people to post simple "jay I finished the quest" or "good job peote" comments. But I wonder why eg. all of DarkFlameWolf's quests get so much replies though her quests seem more simple and easy than MMDWR (I'm not saying that her quests are worse in any way than my, no no no, don't get me wrong ;) ). I guess I'm paranoid but it just feels that people want to avoid threads made by me. Dunno if that makes any sense... :shrug:

And Descer, you don't have to do that. I don't agree with you. MMDWR is far away from perfect. I know there still must be some things to improve in the quest. That is the biggest reason why I'm always complaining about lack of feedback. If you want my next quests to be better than MMDWR, then I need more feedback. ;)

Cepat
12-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Perhaps the best explanation why people get stuck in DFW's quests is because she doesn't have any walkthrough for her quest, whereas you have a walkthrough & people are familiar with it. Besides that, she has alot of complex macro puzzles in eg. HDDC, while yours is more of an adventure style quest. People tend to get stuck in those puzzles & that's where all the questions appear.

Anyway we shouldn't compare between quests...it's like comparing an apple to an orange. Both are fruits & yet they taste differently. If you really wanted alot of questions on your quest, you should have focused more on the puzzle element as that definitely generates tons of questions :)

Petoe
12-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah, you're correct. The last thing I want to do is to start comparing quests in this thread...

I don't remember if you ever finished MMDWR DC Ielen, but the quest gets really complicated in the end and should cause much trouble for many people. Or maybe people who play MMDWR are too smart to get stuck in it. :)

Oh and it's good that you mentioned the walkthrough. I really need to update it before I'm gone from the amazing world of ZC.

Cepat
12-23-2004, 10:13 PM
To be honest, I only cleared up to M/s Mariel & stepped into ? Dome...
Didn't have time to finish the quest yet...

chinostc
12-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Where could I find the walkthrough for MMDWR? I haven't had much time to play for the last couple of weeks due to finals, but finally I have some time over the break to get back into playing this quest. I intend to play it though to the end. Then I'll come back and give my critique of this awesome quest.

Petoe
12-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Here's the walkthrough: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=55&t=4936&

But the walkthrough isn't very helpful because of 2 reasons: The walkthrough is not finished, and the walkthrough is for the OLD version of MMDWR (the first release). Some things are different in the DC version so if something puzzles you, don't be afraid to ask help in these forums. ;)

mr.Descer
12-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Maybe you should just delete that old walkthrough. It might confuse people. And that way youd get more response. ^_^

Phazite
12-26-2004, 04:27 PM
What house do you have to bomb?

mr.Descer
12-26-2004, 07:34 PM
What house do you have to bomb?

Uhhhh.... You are in the very beginnign arent you?
Bomb that small red brick building south from E-Center. Place a bomb on the cracked part and you will be able to go to the sewers.

Petoe
12-28-2004, 09:12 AM
It's funny how many people have bombed the big brick building next to the E-Center instead of the smaller one.

But Mr. D, about that walkthrough, I think it's better to have a bad walkthrough instead of no walkthrough at all. I wish I had time to update it, but I'm working on something else at the moment...

mr.Descer
12-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Something else? Oh yeah the tileset and that secret quest! Wait.. its no secret anymore. :sweat:

Heat Man
12-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Petoe is making another quest?

Well that's not what I need to know. What I need to know is how to proceed in that tower stage. I can't get anywhere. I walk right a few screens and it's a dead end. And don't you dare tell me there's a very simple solution!

Petoe
12-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Well I dunno about its simplicity, but after you've gone 3 screens to the right, you have to blow up the dark part of floor near the "Metroid pipe".

Heat Man
12-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Doh. Of course..

Can you tell me how long the surfing minigame is? I always end up off the course in the 4th or 5th screen. Is the prize good? It better be or I'll delete this game from my HD!

Petoe
12-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Heh. Take it easy will ya! ;)

If I remember correctly, the surfing game is 7 screens. Don't know if the prize is satisfying, but it's a LEP.

Heat Man
12-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Well finally I met the boss. But the bastard won't die. Of course I need to upgrade my missiles?

Petoe
12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Of course! What did you expect? The red eye... the L2 Missiles are red... ;)

Just use Beat the Bird to fly back to Mega City. People sometimes forget the existence of the bird.

Heat Man
12-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Ok. Just finished the tower. You know.. your cutscenes are fking cool. Though I find myself stuck all the time, I have to say this is a kick ass game. No, I don't need help. Not yet. I just wanted to say that. I don't know where to go next, but I want to figure that out by myself.

Petoe
12-31-2004, 06:34 AM
Ok. I'm glad you like the quest. And it's a wise thing to try first yourself, and then ask help. The game is much more rewarding that way.

Heat Man
12-31-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm in the Factory. I have found what, 6 keys? But there's still at least one locked door. Are there any stupid hidden keys people usually miss?

Petoe
01-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Um sorry that my response took so long. As you can see the people here aren't very helpful.

Anyways, in the 2nd floor there are 2 crazy conveyor rooms. Both of them has a keycard, but usually people miss one of them. maybe that's your keycard. :shrug:

Heat Man
01-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Maybe that was my key...card.

But now the power is off in the whole factory. I did get Rush Marine but I have no idea where I'm supposed to get with it.

Petoe
01-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Collect 3 keycards from the "dark" Factory and go outside the Factory. West from the entrance is a smaller building. Dive in front of it to get inside. Inside you have to go all the way down to B4 and lower the water level.

Heat Man
01-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Diving? Of course! That place is brilliantly hidden.

I want to ask why the hell you made a Mega Man game with a Zelda editor? You are one stubborn son of a bitch!

Petoe
01-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Well I'm very ambitious, persevering and a bit crazy too. That's what you need to create quests like MMDWR. ;)

Heat Man
01-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Well I'm very ambitious, persevering and a bit crazy too. That's what you need to create quests like MMDWR. ;)

That means I will never make a quest like MMDWR.

But what now? Factory is finished. I went back to MC to buy those bombs. What was the talk about triforce being underground? Do I have to go to the caves?

chinostc
01-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm in the Mariel, and the mini-boss keeps frying my --- before I get close enough to take a swipe at him with the saber. I haven't even damaged him yet. I believe I have to hit him when his mouth is open, but I'm a little buzy dodging his shots while bouncing off the flames to my death. What am I missing?

Petoe
01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
chinostic - Forget the Light Saber! You'll just kill yourself as you've already noticed. Use missiles or Megabuster (if you have one yet). Some tips for he boss:

- Don't panic. Don't run around like crazy. Many people do that mistake. Move around carefully and if you see a flashing tile, just get away from it or you'll burn. Now when the boss finally opens his big mouth, shoot his flashing tongue and do it really fast! I know the fireballs are annoying and they push you onto the flames, but just ignore the fireballs and shoot your missiles like crazy before the boss closes his mouth.
So to sum things up: Move carefully, and shoot as fast as you can when you get the chance.

Flash Man - Go to the sewers now. There are some cracked steel plates down there you can only bomb with the most powerful bombs. That's all I'm gonna tell ya...

Heat Man
01-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Flash Man - Go to the sewers now. There are some cracked steel plates down there you can only bomb with the most powerful bombs. That's all I'm gonna tell ya...

Same game, wrong boss. It's HEAT, not FLASH. ;)

So I should be in the sewer instead of this graveyard hideout place where I'm right now getting eaten by Like Likes?

Petoe
01-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Uh sorry HEAT Man...

But you're in the hideout now? Well... there's nothing wrong with that. You can freely beat that place before the real 7th level. But beware, the hideout is a pretty hell-ish and insane place...

Heat Man
01-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Holy shit that place is freaky. Corpses, demons, blood, guts and stuff. :thumbsup:

Damn you for disabling the subscreen! Now you have to tell me how to beat the head.

Petoe
01-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah. The "doom level" is one of my "currently proud of".

Bomb the head to expose its brains! ;)

Heat Man
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Well that was interesting. I'm sure I'm strong enough to go to the real level 7 now. It is the place you can reach from the museum, isn't it?

mr.Descer
01-03-2005, 07:01 PM
You cannot reach The tempel from Megacity's museum. As Petoe siad, go to the sewers and find the lost town and.. well I will not spoil anything. ;)

Petoe
01-03-2005, 09:02 PM
You forgot something Descer. It's very important to remember the locations of all of the colorful blocks in the museum. You need that info for a puzzle to be able to enter the 7th level. But of course I could always just show you a screenshot of the solution, but I bet you want to solve the puzzle without any help.

Heat Man
01-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Damn puzzle. I had to walk all the way back from the temple to the museum. But now I'm in the temple searching for possible keys.

Petoe
01-04-2005, 11:27 AM
There are no keys nor keycards in the tempel. Link finished that place centuries ago... You have to find your way to the boss through something else than the remaining locked doors. ;)

Heat Man
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
All right. I understand.

Well that temple was not as cool as your other levels. But I guess I'm not a big Zelda fan so that would explain it. I think I know where to go next.

Petoe
01-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Well yeah... not everybody likes that "WTF" level. But the ending will be really awesome. I can promise that. This sounds cocky, sorry, but I wonder if anyone is ever able to create a better ending than I did with DC...

mr.Descer
01-04-2005, 11:02 PM
No Petoe, you are not cocky. You are the best quest builder. That is what you are.

But this Heatman guy is right. Level 7 sucked. :p

Heat Man
01-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Well Petoe, you're not a big vg company so it is pretty damn amazing you have created this quest all alone. And I am sure this is the best quest, but I want to finish it now. I'm in the lab 64 or whatever and I just don't know where to shoot my grappling beam at.

Petoe
01-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Ah that part.... In hte southern part of the lab there's one of those grabbable boxes under a layer. You can barely see it. i hope you can find it.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
01-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I downloaded version ZC192B183 Of ZC. Would this be the right version to run the game??

If so Each time I start the game I have to lisen to the story on how it all started and it is a big story hehehe

I first had the newest version of ZC ruuning it 2.10 but when I got killed by wind man for the first time when I tired to turn on the power I could not turn the power on agian when I came back in the room.

Petoe
01-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Yes, ZC192B183 is the perfect version to play the quest on.
But I haven't noticed any problems with ZC 2.10 yet. I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Wind Man killed you, but after that you killed him but you weren't able to turn the power on? Could you be a bit more specific? :)

Heat Man
01-06-2005, 06:38 AM
I guess I'm ready to go to the mountains now. The game has been great so far. Looks like I'm still missing some items. I hope they're not too important. I can reach Wily with the Grapplebeam and Megafist?

Petoe
01-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Oh, you're probably not missing any items at all. The empty slots are for a shield and boots, but you don't get them in MMDWR DC. So I guess you're ready to go looking for Wily's... place. ;)

Fox_Of_The_Wind
01-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Yes, ZC192B183 is the perfect version to play the quest on.
But I haven't noticed any problems with ZC 2.10 yet. I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Wind Man killed you, but after that you killed him but you weren't able to turn the power on? Could you be a bit more specific? :)

Ok. When you first get into the room where Wind Man is there is a gem at the left. When you pic it up that gets wind man in the picture. Well I died while trying to kill him. When I got back into the room from being sent to the start. There was no gem So that meen I can't get to Wind Man to fight

Any Ideas what is up? THanks

Petoe
01-07-2005, 06:34 AM
Ok. When you first get into the room where Wind Man is there is a gem at the left. When you pic it up that gets wind man in the picture. Well I died while trying to kill him. When I got back into the room from being sent to the start. There was no gem So that meen I can't get to Wind Man to fight

Any Ideas what is up? THanks

Oh, you picked up the money on the floor... But that doesn't mean you cannot fight Wind Man again. Just walk to where the "gem" was and the Wind Man will appear again. ;)

ZeldaFan001
01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I really liked this quest alot with its detailed story and amazing graphics. If you made a sequel, it would probably meet my expectations. Alot of characters to interact with. I'm not good with writing reviews, but everyone MUST download this quest.

I'm still on my Christmas Break from school, so I am a little more lazy right now. Do you think this quest would run fine on ZC 2.1?

Petoe
01-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Hmm, does the quest run on ZC 2.10? I think it should, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't had enough time to test it myself. And the SFX sounds file doesn't work in version 2.10 because of some odd reason. But I recall there are instructions in the ZC 2.10 release topic how to easily make the SFX work with 2.10.

Anyways, it's always nice to read that people like the quest for the "right reasons" in my opinion. People say the gameplay is great, the story is interesting, there are many characters to interact with etc instead of just saying "I like MMDWR because of it's graphics!!" :)

If I made a sequel, I'm sure it would be even better, but I have some unfortunate news. I'll be leaving. And I probably won't ever return to ZC anymore. :( I love making quests, but my next quest projects are so big that I would never be able to finish them because people don't want to help me. The same thing happened with MMDWR DC. I had a big testing team, but they all just quit without any good reasons. That's when I lost all faith in the ZC community though there still remains some great people... :shrug: Though I might be forgotten really soon, I hope my quests will not be forgotten that fast.

MottZilla
01-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Quitting and out the door gone, or are you just going to cut back on any making of quests but still post sometimes? It'd be a real shame for someone as good as you to just disappear.

Petoe
01-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Quitting and out the door gone, or are you just going to cut back on any making of quests but still post sometimes? It'd be a real shame for someone as good as you to just disappear.
I would probably keep posting if I was able to do so. But since I'm joining the army tomorrow (in Finland all young men have to join the army...old stupid laws) I will be gone at least 6 months. After that I could come back, but I have so huge and ambitous quest projects in my mind and no one to help me with them so I have no will to release any more quests. I think it's a shame too since I'm sure I could create even better quests than MMDWR is. :( During the making of MMDWR I was backstabbed so many times that I just lost all faith in people here... but dunno if my opinions change during the 6 months. It's really hard to keep hands off of ZC you know. ;)

Heat Man
01-09-2005, 08:28 AM
It's a damn shame to see you leave now. Are there any other good quests which aren't Zelda?

But I had something else to say. I finished your game Petoe. I died about 50 times and consumed 20 hours with the quest but it was fun as hell. The graphics were great though I didn't like that Zelda level at all. Soundtrack was perfect. Good choices man. Good choices. Sometimes the quest felt more like Zelda and Chrono Trigger but fortunately there were lots of action and tough bosses which makes this more like a Mega Man game. I have no major gripes. Since the quest seems to be really popular already I see no reason to make my post any longer. Everybody should know this is a damn fine quest. I have only tried a few other quests, but none of them impressed me the same way this quest did.

You're a fine game designer Petoe and your quest sure is some kind of a masterpiece.

9/10.

ZeldaFan001
01-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Well, maybe you could try to repair any bugs that we happen to find instead of making new quests? I know there are several continue bugs and there are a pit or two that have no tile warps, but none too noticable.

Petoe
01-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Nah, there'll always be bugs. No game is 100% bugfree and I don't think MMDWR DC has any really serious ones. I have spent the lat 3 years making the quest and I'd say that's enough. ;)

But uh... my train is leaving so... this is my final post then. Goodbye everybody. I'll miss ya. :(
If somebody comes and asks help I hope you guys who have advanced far in the quest can help those people.

And so Petoe is gone...

pLeitorian
01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
OK, I'm already going nuts in the DC version. I've gone to the city, found the E-center, but when I go south, there's no brick building to bomb except the Museum, which has its own entrance.

So... what the heck do I bomb? I've tried the sewer grates, the trash cans, that wall in the alley with money behind it... but... nothing yet. :(

RoboBob3000
01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm afraic I've found a particular killer version of the continue bug. I'm in the factory, and I died right where you fight the second giant fish. Now I'm stuck in the corner of that room whenever I continue. I've had this happen before, and it's usually been remedied when I save and quit and start again, but not this time. Every time I start the file now, I'm stuck in that corner.

Is there anything I can do about this, or have my 18 hours just gone down the drain?

chinostc
01-17-2005, 10:15 PM
OK, I'm already going nuts in the DC version. I've gone to the city, found the E-center, but when I go south, there's no brick building to bomb except the Museum, which has its own entrance.

So... what the heck do I bomb? I've tried the sewer grates, the trash cans, that wall in the alley with money behind it... but... nothing yet. :(

Its a red brick wall in the northeastern part of Mega City. The screen you are looking for has the wall in the ne part of the screen. It is south of the E center and I think one screen west. Hope this helps.

pLeitorian
01-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Original question cheerfully withdrawn: the walkthrough didn't mention going through a tunnel to find the last key card.

Where the heck's the Warper, though? The hole outside had a LEP, not the Warper like the guide said... and I can't beat the Forest boss without it, apparently.

Anyway keep an eye on this, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. I'm at 1:56:07 just to finish level one :(

Heat Man
01-23-2005, 04:25 AM
I'm afraic I've found a particular killer version of the continue bug. I'm in the factory, and I died right where you fight the second giant fish. Now I'm stuck in the corner of that room whenever I continue. I've had this happen before, and it's usually been remedied when I save and quit and start again, but not this time. Every time I start the file now, I'm stuck in that corner.

Is there anything I can do about this, or have my 18 hours just gone down the drain?

I'm no Petoe but I'm afraid there's nothing you can do if you can't move to other screens from the corner. Are you using ZC build 183? That bug sounds like you are playing with a wrong ZC version. :shrug: You have a really crappy luck since the end of the quest is so damn awesome.

The whistle is in front of Isodome.

And if you people haven't noticed, Petoe is gone now. But if I'm around here I can try to answer to some questions since I'm a pro at MMDWR DC. ;)

pLeitorian
01-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Heatman, I've gotten the Whistle, fiished the Forest, and gotten up to the equivalent of five hearts on my life meter (four from Lvl 1, 1-2 from Isodome, 1 from outside Lvl 1, one from the Guessing Game in Lapin Town [which was EVIL, by the way!! I dropped like 10 times, because sometimes in 183 the music freezes and the keyboard stops responding, but my guy keeps walking and if I don't hit "Escape" fast enough, I'm screwed], 1 from a cave west of the Harbor, and 1 from some other cave (don't recall which one, but it was fairy early on that I found it - killed a bunch of enemies).

Now I'm stuck in Isodome though. I only found one password number, beat the mini-boss, but can't seem to find any other places to go. Not to mention it's really hard not to get zapped with only the weakest "sword," no beams, and no shield!

I also found a Secret Facility, but I take it that's not for use until later?

Despite my frustration, I'm trying to finish, because the graphics are absolutely magnificent. This is the single best fan-game project I've ever seen of anything. I have a great idea for a fifth quest, in 2.10, but can't make the talk-to-people work the same as this quest (the warp back is never quite right -- it ends up making Link walk right back into the tile warp).

mr.Descer
01-24-2005, 02:06 PM
You can go to Secret Falicity now! It's very recommendable! I don't know what to say about Iso dome, but there's one block puzzle where you have to bomb some rubbish away to be able to move a block.. :shrug:

pLeitorian
01-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Mr. Descer, that's what's weird: the garbage in that part of Iso Dome will NOT bomb out of my way.

I had to use ZConsole for the boss of the Secret Facility, though, because of that stupid huge beam (if you are below it when you get the last flying guy, you're toast). Cool level, 'til I hit that thing. Egads!

merder
01-26-2005, 10:40 AM
I,m stuck at m/s Mariel. And my equipment is the silver armor and the power chip level 1 the items i have are level 1 misiles(and the chip), bombs(a maximum 16),level 2 shurikens(dont kow the name),protomans whistle and the megabuster.i have and used the key behind the bombable wall but not the one in plain site behind the maze wall. what do i need o do to advance on m/s marial.

mr.Descer
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
merder, I am not quite sure what your problem might be but if you need more keycards bomb the cracked box on the east side of 2nd deck to find the 1st deck and 2 keycards there. ;)

Pleitorian, You are nopt the only one cheating. MMDWR is not an easy game but are you sure you really have the DC version? The old original one was insane but the DC isn't that tough. Well some of the custom bosses have some weird bugs but if you can avoid them the bosses are beatable. I hope you can finish the game someday!!

merder
01-29-2005, 06:07 AM
yes thats my problem but i don't know what you meant by"box" but if you meant the wall on the souteast part of the i already bombed it but there i only found one keycard.
but if you did'nt mean that please give some more detail.as i'm no further now. :(

Heat Man
01-30-2005, 05:23 AM
yes thats my problem but i don't know what you meant by"box" but if you meant the wall on the souteast part of the i already bombed it but there i only found one keycard.
but if you did'nt mean that please give some more detail.as i'm no further now. :(

Well I guess Mr. Descer means those grey little crates when he is talking about boxes. If you pay attention, there is one cracked crate on deck 2. By bombing it you gain access to deck 1 and there you will find 2 well hidden keycards.

merder
01-30-2005, 06:52 AM
fond the crate and the keys thanks :D

mr.Descer
01-30-2005, 12:24 PM
That's cool merder.

I have to warn that the bosses in m/s Mariel are really tough. But if you find them to be too tough, it's ok to exit the level and come back later. ;)

merder
01-30-2005, 01:12 PM
beaten them.
but now i'm stuck in ? dome i already have the metal plate but i can't find the way to the busted door(near a password console that seems to be offline).

mr.Descer
01-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmm.. you have to open 2 shutters in B1 floor to get to the bombable shutter in F1. Have you bombed all those cracked computers in B1 floor? Just look everywhere and I hope you have beaten the secret facility so that you have L2 light saber.

merder
02-01-2005, 07:09 AM
petoe if you update this great qeust please recheck all the dmaps couse lost to the second hangingbot in ? dome and have to restart the entire qeust :(

sVento
02-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Can anybody tell me where to find the lens of truth? (or whatever its called that allows one to "see the truth")I am in the seventh dungeon and I keep falling down that pit that has the disappearing/re-appearing tile bridge (the big one, not the one at the beginning of the level with the pushblock in the center of the screen, but the one that is three tiles wide and goes up, then right, then up again over a large pit. I cant remember exactly, but I think its on floor 2 cause I fall thru yet another pit along the way on my plunge down to the lava basement.) Also, I stepped on the switch that allows me to travel back and forth between the museum and level 7, is there anything else I need from the museum or is it just a convenient portal back to Mega City if you need to stock up on bombs and other things?.....

OH! And before I forget, how do I advance in the level with the ghosts, like-likes and the bloodied corpse behind that barrier in the cave (I'll assume that this is the "doom" level...yes, no, maybe?) The only Entrance I have found is the cave in the mountainside right next to the graveyard in Kakariko, and Ive tried to bomb some walls (inside and out) to no avail. Is there another entrance, possibly in the gravestones that wont move or the windmill or that red-bricked building behind level 7 with the stairs? What am I missing?
Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Nevermind about the doom level, I found the entrance. I still havent advanced in level seven though, at all :mad: .

EDIT:....sigh.....Well, nevermind about the rest of this question as well. I finally got the lens and beat level seven. After plunging two stories from that disappearing-reappearing bridge room about two-hundred times (seriously, two-frickin hundred times! :banghead: )I finally discovered what any non-dipshit would have realized after the second or third plunge, when they'd have noticed that you dont immediately plunge thru floor one (though you are standing on a hole in the ground!)to the basement below. Kinda like how looney tunes characters don't fall down a cliff until they look down, MegaMan wont take the plunge until he moves while standing over a pit! After that discovery, getting over the pit was just a matter of killing the bats, and being patient and cautious while slowly moving from tile to tile over the bridge.........
sigh.........yep, I am a dipshit! :glare:

mr.Descer
02-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Hehee Looney Tunes. Yah. It is good that you figured it out by yourself that you don't fall down if you don't move. :)

I wish I could help more often, but I can't. And the creator of this quest is in the army so he cannot help either. And since AGN members are useless they aren't very helpful as you can see by looking at the huge amount of replies you got. :shrug:
I wish you luck beating the game.

And merder, it's a shame you have encountered a bad bug. MMDWR DC is one of the most bugfree quests out there, but unfortunately people are finding new horrible bugs all the time. :( Oh well.

PolygonX8
02-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Petoe left the job to IaN and I to help others... but I forgot about AGN. :\

Well sVento, you'll need t ocross that bridge. I cheated to do so. If you're too slow, and the combos cycle to a pit, stop moving. Depending on MM's position, you can stay floating there for a bit. Continue walking when the bridge reappears. :) Eventaully as you progress, you'll fidn a Gleeok (I think). Beat him, and he gives you the lens.
Take note that there will be another Gleeok as the main boss.

Descer, maybe it'd be wise for us to make a list of all these bugs? Petoe mentioned gettinga break at some point to release the tileset, and we could report the list to him as well.

Phoenix :p
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
As for the horrible bridge of level 7, I've cheated as well...
The bridge is like that :

--GHI JKL MNOP
A XXXXXXOOXX
B XXXXXXOOXX
C XXOOOOOOXX
D XXOOOOOOXX
E XXOOXXXXXX
F XXOOXXXXXX

In fact, I place myself just below the tile that is at the (F;N) coordinates of the "map" above, face south, and bomb myself so as to land in (E;N), without falling in the hole. Then, I repeat the operation to land in (C;N). Then, I just cross the bridge ;).
I tried this by starting from the tile that is below (F;I) in the "map", but it would not work, as it seems that all the "A", "B" (and "C"?) tiles make you fall, either you are moving or not.

Coder GT
02-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Where the heck is the mega buster/first sword???!?!??

PolygonX8
02-15-2005, 11:13 PM
The mega buster is in mega city, obtained by using the receipt from Dr. Light later on. The L1 Saber is obained after defeatign the first boss.

Coder GT
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Ok, I guess I stated that badly, where is the first weapon that goes in the "A" button slot. All I found was the boomerang for the "B" button slot.

PolygonX8
02-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Level 1: Power Station. The boss yields the saber when defeated.

mr.Descer
02-19-2005, 06:48 AM
As for the horrible bridge of level 7, I've cheated as well...
The bridge is like that :

--GHI JKL MNOP
A XXXXXXOOXX
B XXXXXXOOXX
C XXOOOOOOXX
D XXOOOOOOXX
E XXOOXXXXXX
F XXOOXXXXXX

In fact, I place myself just below the tile that is at the (F;N) coordinates of the "map" above, face south, and bomb myself so as to land in (E;N), without falling in the hole. Then, I repeat the operation to land in (C;N). Then, I just cross the bridge ;).
I tried this by starting from the tile that is below (F;I) in the "map", but it would not work, as it seems that all the "A", "B" (and "C"?) tiles make you fall, either you are moving or not.
Wierd. For me the bridge part has never been really tough except in the original MMDWR where it was impossible. It is fun to read how many different ways people find to cheat without a cheating program. :D

Descer, maybe it'd be wise for us to make a list of all these bugs? Petoe mentioned gettinga break at some point to release the tileset, and we could report the list to him as well.That is a verry good idea PX8! When Petoe called last week he told he will most likely get a break from the army in 2 weeks so we will hear from him then. Hopefully!

nofloyd
08-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Does someone have a password hint for level 2 Iso Dome?
I found blocks with 2,4,1 on them. Didn't find a 4th block.
I've been trying combinations with these but no luck so far.

The password console freezes on me sometimes. I couldn't get a few combinations in, when it unsticks I end up with combinations I didn't want to input.

Heat Man
08-12-2005, 11:23 AM
What's the fun if someone tells you the password? But I assume you have tried hard enough so here it comes:
4 2 5 1

That should be the correct password.

King Aquamentus
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I had to quit playing this quest when hit a continue bug in level 4. I died at the boss, and got stuck in a corner. After all my hard work, too...

Petoe
08-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Old-skool, did you play with ZC 2.10? I tried to play this quest with 2.10 and I encountered many serious continue bugs. MMDWR DC should be played only with ZC 1.92 build 183. I will release an easier versio of the quest quite soon where these bugs should be fixed...

Stupid 2.10.

Arathorn21st
08-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Ok, now I'm stuck in level 7 of DC. After following a mostly linear path, I hit the switch that opens the path to the Museum and the switch that leads to the Lens of Truth pit. Now what? Everywhere I go on F2 is blocked, and I don't think I have to go to more rooms on F1.
And no, I haven't gotten to the bridge that people have complained about in other parts of the thread.

King Aquamentus
08-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Old-skool, did you play with ZC 2.10? I tried to play this quest with 2.10 and I encountered many serious continue bugs. MMDWR DC should be played only with ZC 1.92 build 183. I will release an easier versio of the quest quite soon where these bugs should be fixed...

Stupid 2.10.

Actually, no. I use 2.10 now, but not then. I was using 1.92 before. That save file is long gone, now.

Petoe
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I hope this helps you at level 7:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Finnishflesh/mmdwrdc.jpg

The green X's in the picture mean a secret...

King Aquamentus
08-13-2005, 04:35 PM
It's a very interesting quest, and some of the midis in the midi list make me wonder what happens late in the game.

Does Megaman find Hyrule underground? Does he pull the master sword? Stay Tuned to find out!!!

Petoe
08-13-2005, 05:26 PM
It's a very interesting quest, and some of the midis in the midi list make me wonder what happens late in the game.

Does Megaman find Hyrule underground? Does he pull the master sword? Stay Tuned to find out!!!

Heh, yeah. The later events in the game are a must see ;) but of course I won't go and spoil anything... :P

Arathorn21st
08-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Aha, a bombable wall. I didn't expect that in a freeform room. Thank you.

King Aquamentus
08-13-2005, 09:18 PM
One question that maybe you can answer...
Where did you get that awesome remix of the Zelda title screen?

Oh, and the abandoned dome IS level 4, right? cause after level 3, Dr. Light said to meet him in the mountains or something, but he just said the same stuff as before when I found him...

Petoe
08-14-2005, 05:30 AM
No, I don't think Light asked you to visit him at the mountains after L3 (m/s Mariel). I remember he said it during L2 (Iso Dome). But anyways, L4 is the abandoned dome and after you finish the dome, Dr. Light comes back from the mountains and can be found at his lab again.

King Aquamentus
08-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh, okay... That clears THAT up. I was walking around for quite awhile trying to find out what to do... In that time, I think I got the lv.2 sword.

Arathorn21st
08-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Hurray, I finished last night!
Game time: about 20 hours (although that's probably high since my comp allows me to use F1 to "fast-forward")
Deaths: 81
HC: 13 1/4

- What was your favorite and least favorite level and why?
Favorite: The factory. I didn't see what was so hard about it!
Least: ? dome by far. Both times, I had to write down every room and use the entire alphabet and then some for the stairs. :disgust: Dragon's Lair would be second.

- What was your favorite and least favorite custom boss?
Favorite: Probably Wily, they were all good though.
Least Favorite: N/A

- Was there a part in the quest which made you want to stop playing?
Maybe when I realized that I should start over on DC... ;)

- What was best in MMDWR DC?
The massive effort that went into even the smaller areas, like the caves. Even though the screens are simpler than the dungeons, they still reflect a lot of work.

- What was the most memorable thing in the quest?
The ending when I walked into Wily's tower with 6 triforce pieces. After Quit--Continue didn't work, I was too afraid to save so I hit Retry. I like those kind of "you're an idiot" endings, even though I was the sucker here. :D

- Do you think my statement "the quest gets better after every level and the ending can be very rewarding" is true?
Ok, here I have to say something about the ending.

Spoiler alert.

After all the hype about this game's ending, I wasn't too impressed. The Protoman storyline was, IMO, too rushed. You hear about him when you get the whistle, then there's no real mention till level 9, when you suddenly have to kill him. There wasn't any real emotion there for me; maybe I'm just a cruel person. :uhoh:
After Polygon let it slip that there was a boss after Wily, I was expecting Ganon, or maybe even Link or Zelda. Instead, it was another generic Wily-bot. Sure it was a great custom boss, but it wasn't as epic as I thought it would be.
Then comes the ending, which was almost exactly like LttP's ending. You see the asteroid blow up, you see the various areas cheering for you, you see the credits, the end. I don't see what the big deal was about it; I don't think it pushed ZC to its limits.
Keep in mind that I'm sort of familiar with how Zquest works. For someone who just plays quests, and doesn't make them, I'm sure the ending would be a lot more impressive.

End spoilers

- Were there anything in the quest that made you wonder "how in the world is this possible to do in ZQuest"?
None that I can think of offhand, no.

- What did you think of the LEPs? The quest is quite tough so it encourages you to collect as many LEPs as possible. Were you disappointed by the fact that there were no full Life Pieces, only Life Expansion Pieces? Was looking for the LEPs interesting enough?
I actually like the no-heart-container format. It's hard to hide so many pieces in a smaller quest (e.g. mine) but when it's pulled off succesfully it's great. I liked the "hide 4 pieces in each level" trick. The only time it got annoying is when you clear a level finding only 2 or 3, because then you don't feel like going back in.

- The quest has more action than puzzles. If you agree, do you think there was enough stuff for your brains or do you think there were too many riddles, puzzles and too much complexity?
I think the balance is great. The only thing is that in some areas, the balance is tilted far to one side or the other (Heavy action: Secret Facility, Heavy puzzles: ? dome.)

- My favorite things about DWR is the fact that it is so versatile. But did the multiple styles of graphics in one single quest bother you at all (going from futuristic MM graphics to Zelda graphics and then to sidescroller etc...)? And what about the weird story? MegaMan in Link's world thousands of years after all of the Legend of Zeldas took place...
The graphics were fine; the more varied, the better. As for the story, I like the "hidden world" (Hyrule) mechanic. I think you could have played on it a little more, by keeping the Museum closed for a bit, and maybe finding that Wily's tower is on the original spot of Ganon's Lair or something...

- Do you think MMDWR DC was a necessary update to the original MMDWR?
Yes. Without those cutscenes, especially the Dr. Light ones, no one would have a chance of finishing without looking on the boards.

- If you could make any changes to MMDWR DC, what would you try to improve?

Like KJAZZ said, less bats! Every damn level had them (except level 3). Even with the best gear, they can still piss you off by bopping you into a pit.
Tone down Secret Facility just a little bit. Everyone should have a stab (har har) at the L2 sword.
More minigames! I love minigames with neat ZC tricks.

Additional notes:

Loved the "It's Raining Men" MIDI.
I found 3 extra keys, 2 from the statues and 1 from ? Dome. I used 2 (accidentally) to get the Gold Armor and the last to skip Challenge #2 in Wily's Base.

Overall: 9.75/10 (excellent)
Keep on questing Petoe! I'm sure every cutscene you make will be better than the one before. :)

DefEdge
08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
The console isn't exactly sticking...

The way I can picture it being designed is that it's a bunch of rooms with triggers and walls around where you walk. So if the console seems to stick, instead of going up, because you seem to of gone too far up, try going down and then you can move the number.

The quest has been pretty good so far, very enjoyable, though I end up getting lost sometimes. Right now, I'm headed for lvl 3 because Dr. Light suggested it after I beat the guardian that looks suspiciously like the one from Chrono Trigger.

King Aquamentus
08-16-2005, 12:56 AM
It's amazing that they can make a quest with tons of chrono trigger graphics, but they can't make a Chrono Trigger quest.

Petoe
08-16-2005, 10:50 AM
It's amazing that they can make a quest with tons of chrono trigger graphics, but they can't make a Chrono Trigger quest.

Can't make? :) Hmm, maybe it's just that no one wants to make (a CT quest). :P
Heh, but really, for example I could make a CT quest if I had time, but from now on I will just concentrate on "my very own" quest projects. So no more Zelda's, Marios, Mega Mans and Metroids from me...

And thanks for answering all the questions Arathorn. I appreciate it.
About the ending, I can understand if you felt disappointed, especially after the "must see the ending!!" hype. :) But you said how it is just kind of an ordinary and not surprising ending. But the thing is, I didnt' want it to be anything that special. If compared to other real games then the ending is just an average ok little ending but if compared to other ZC quests then it should make people say "oh cool, you don't see this kind of stuff often in ZC quests". At least I haven't seen any special endings after beating some of the most highest rated quests. Now I'm not saying a good quest should have something else than the normal Zelda ending, but I just thought people would be very pleased to see a nice custom ending in ZC.

King Aquamentus
08-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I've never had problems with version 2.10, for the record. I might go back and play your Megaman quest again soon.

Petoe
08-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I've never had problems with version 2.10, for the record. I might go back and play your Megaman quest again soon.

But you said you got a continue bug in MMDWR DC... or was it with version 1.92? Anyways, if you play with 2.10 you should make a backup copy of your zc.sav file every now and then just in case something goes wrong and 2.10 ends up corrupting the save...

King Aquamentus
08-17-2005, 12:58 AM
YES, v. 1.92 gave me the bug. My only other problem was why did Megaman look more like X than megaman? Oh, well... If he wants a new style...

Petoe
08-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Well many people think that I don't know the difference between Mega Man and Mega Man X, but I do know. ;)

I just wanted the MM to look like X in the quest since X looks cooler. People shouldn't try to confuse this game with Capcom Mega Mans. MMDWR doesn't belong to the original series nor the X series, it's just my own version of MM. Well I hope my explanation made some sense...

King Aquamentus
08-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Okay. That's good to know, since it shares the same name as an actual megaman game.

zelda777
09-04-2005, 04:40 PM
petoe your quest is great :)

Valientlink
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Petoe this is soooo hard go read my thread and I like it 2 not to spam or anything ^_^

Petoe
09-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh, so you are stuck in the very beginning of the game? :)

What is the problem? Have you been at the first level (Power Station) yet?

Valientlink
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Yes way past that already restored the power! and got protomans whistle and the megablaster but now what? :scared: Do you get triforce in the power plant or iso dome or mines? I can't find the boss key in iso dome. :odd:

Valientlink
09-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh, so you are stuck in the very beginning of the game? :)

What is the problem? Have you been at the first level (Power Station) yet?

Uh duh.
sorry for the double post won't happen again I changed.

Petoe
09-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes way past that already restored the power! and got protomans whistle and the megablaster but now what? :scared: Do you get triforce in the power plant or iso dome or mines? I can't find the boss key in iso dome. :odd:

You get a triforce from both Power Plant AND Iso Dome. There's no triforce in the mines, only Dr. Light who gives a receipt for the Megabuster. And there are no boss keys in the game. In the Iso Dome you need to know the password to open the shutter to the boss room.

(Since you are banned and cannot post at the moment, you can email me if you have any further questions)

Marilups
09-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Does any one have a walkthrough for MegaMan DRW DC?

King Aquamentus
09-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Huh. Where'd you get the idea to use a Surfboard in place of the raft? LOL.
anyway petoe, I like the quest. It really incorporates both Zelda and Megaman in it's story. I also noticed that a lot of people discriminate robots in the quest. It really made me think.

Petoe
09-09-2005, 07:50 AM
No Marilups, unfortunately there isn't a walkthrough currently. But maybe there will be some maps soon... and you can always ask for help. There are always people here to answer your questions. ;)

And Old-Skool... so you like the combination of Zelda+MegaMan? It usually divides people... some hate the Zelda related stuff in the quest and some love the mix between those 2 franchises. It's always interesting to read people's comments about this matter.

Marilups
09-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Thank you Petoe! I would really love those maps!! I'm completely lost... :(
What items am I suppose to be getting at the power station?

Kingboo30
09-09-2005, 06:44 PM
If I recall there are no items in Power station besides a heart piece. Well first activate the power by beating Windman. then beat EVERY enemy because they drop keys. Bomb cracks. Use the Computers too and deactivate laser.s. The Boss is unfortunately just a Robotic verison of a Manhandla who should be quite easy.

Marilups
09-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Thank you Kingboo30!! Then I'm finished with the power station :) Where can I find the power chip? and the whistle?

Kingboo30
09-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Well for the whistle you have to beat half of the iso dome. Where the Aquamentus's are. You get the Power bracelet which really helps. After getting that get some missiles and 255 rupees for the Secret facilty. To get to the Iso dome....

Remember the red sewer building next to Light's lab? Go there. After getting to power bracelet (Power chip I think), head to sidescroller forest level. There's you'll find a blue tunic which really helps for Secret facilty and Level 3. Get the Level 2 sword in Secret facilty. After doing this level 3 should be a piece of cake.

That should help you for now. If you do everything I said before level 3, level 2 should have been harder which is good cause your getting a break. But You'll need all this by AT MOST level 4.

Heat Man
09-11-2005, 09:22 AM
But maybe there will be some maps soon...

Maps? Soon? :)

What about the infamous tileset?

Valientlink
09-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Thank you Kingboo30!! Then I'm finished with the power station :) Where can I find the power chip? and the whistle?
In the iso dome and where protoman is.

Aegix Drakan
10-03-2005, 02:25 PM
First Off,

Welcome home from the army Petoe. and welcome back to ZC. :)

Your quest was the first one I downloaded, and it's awesome. I like how you've merged Link, and Megaman into one game. (like the kid dressed as link, lol) :laughing:

I am kinda stuck though. I was told to meet DR Light in the mountains. I am currently in Lapin town, and I have searched the mountain with no sign of him. My current Equipment is: L1 saber, missiles, shadow disk L2, bombs, red energy tank, and 3 hearts.

BTW, I once made it to the end of the side-scrolling forest level, and I have no clue how to kill that weird flying guy at the end. :confused:

Petoe, I claim you as the king of questmaking. :thumbsup:

Kingboo30
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Well first, to find Dr. Light, you need to go into the Mines which I think is in a cave up in the mountains. the flying guy is a digdogger. You need protoman's whistle. You get that with the powerchip. You want that item in the forest maze for level 3. You also need the powerchip to get into the mountains. The Powerchip is in level 2, the Iso dome.

Petoe
10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks Aegix Dragan. :) It really feels good to be back. To taste the freedom once again...

Like Kingboo said, Dr. Light can be found from the mines (the entrance there is on the mountains near the Power Station, but you need the Power Chip item to move those grey rocks. You have to beat the mini boss of Iso Dome to get the chip).

Aegix Drakan
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
thanks Petoe and Kingboo.

that really helped!

Glad to have ya back Petoe! :)

(BTW Petoe, MY NAME IS AEGIX DRAKAN! with a K not a G! but I suppose it can't be helped, no one gets my net-name right the first time, heck, no one even gets my REAL name right the first time! LOL)

Time to get back to MMDWR... :sly:

Kingboo30
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Also, you might want to get the sliver armor and the L2 saber from the secret faclity. (SP) But that is a tough place and you'll need to have 255 zens, (Rupees) Your missiles are your number 1 item. Also, you might want some HC (Heart container pieces). I'm pretty sure there is an old map that tells you where.

kopitiambread
10-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Old map? As in there's a hint in the overworld that tells you where the SP is?? I kinda found that place by chance... :)

Petoe
10-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure there is an old map that tells you where.

Hmm... old map? Uh, are you talking about the walkthrough LEP (HC Piece) map? Unfortunately the walkthrough got deleted some time ago...

kopitiambread
10-16-2005, 08:47 AM
There was one??? Wow... That would have help :) But finding the LEPs were fun ;) Are there any other deep secrets in the game?

Petoe
10-17-2005, 11:06 AM
There was one??? Wow... That would have help :) But finding the LEPs were fun ;) Are there any other deep secrets in the game?

Hmm... secrets like the LEPs... well, there are those 10 hidden statues in the game. If you can find/have found them all, you can proudly call yourself a MMDWR master/wizard or sumthin... ;)

Heat Man
10-19-2005, 12:31 PM
well, there are those 10 hidden statues in the game. If you can find/have found them all, you can proudly call yourself a MMDWR master/wizard or sumthin... ;)

I guess I am the ultimate DWR master then. I am quite certain I found every statue but if you could, Petoe, send me some kind of a statue locations guide so that I can check if I missed anything.

Kingboo30
10-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I can tell you 4, I don't remember the rest.

One is in the cave near Dr. Lights lab.
In the Iso dome....the first section. You have to walk under a certain ceiling that's right next you.
Dr. Wilys secret lab, It takes awhile to find it...well getting to it.
Research laboratory...You gotta use the burner on some barrels. It's near Lab 23..the one with the stractoroks. Worth finding them all.

kopitiambread
10-20-2005, 10:25 AM
From the looks of it, I didn't manage to find them all... Do all of them have goodies behind them?

Petoe
10-21-2005, 01:20 PM
From the looks of it, I didn't manage to find them all... Do all of them have goodies behind them?

Yes, all of the statues have some goodies for Mega Man. I don't remember all of the locations at the moment, but I could check that out later and give the info to anyone who wants to know it.

Heat Man
10-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah. You check out everything you need and send me the list.
;)

Turgor
11-08-2005, 03:56 PM
the game looks great, and it's a good story idea too. but i found an annoying bug that almost made me give up on the game:
in the very beginning, when you read the letter by dr. wily, if you press right instead of down when you are at the last page, you will find yourself in the power plant, having just restored the power. you will be weaponless (and pretty clueless), yet you can exit the power plant and get to the city.

i spent almost an hour wandering around after that, and then decided to visit these forums for a walkthrough. didn't find one, but from the posts here i gathered that what i had done wasn't how the game was supposed to go, so i restarted it and now it works allright (phew)

anyway.. DO NOT PRESS RIGHT when reading the letter from dr. wily!

Petoe
11-11-2005, 11:00 AM
anyway.. DO NOT PRESS RIGHT when reading the letter from dr. wily!

Whoa... a really weird bug I must admit. Thanks for letting me know, and I hope you won't encounter any more nasty bugs as the quest should be pretty bugfree (though if you're playing with the newest ZC which is version 2.1 then you might get some unwanted bugs...)

Heat Man
11-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Did you forget something P? : D

Petoe
11-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Just to let everybody here at AGN know that the MegaMan Dr.Wily's Revenge Tileset has been released:

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=47&showComments=0

Enjoy people! ;)

Aegix Drakan
11-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Thank You Petoe!!! :) :) :)

You Are A Pure Genius!!! May Your Name Live On Forvever On Both Agn And Purezc!!!

balbados
11-27-2005, 01:44 AM
i need help i just defeat lvl 2 boss but can't seem to find the whistle mention in the thread any hint where it is? and the secret facility can tell me excatly its position i want to buy the silver armor very easy to die without it thanks.

Heat Man
11-27-2005, 07:47 AM
i need help i just defeat lvl 2 boss but can't seem to find the whistle mention in the thread any hint where it is? and the secret facility can tell me excatly its position i want to buy the silver armor very easy to die without it thanks.

The whistle is in a small buidling in front of the Iso Dome building. You cannot miss the building. Just move the rock that is blocking the entrance.

To get silver armor you have to go to the forest mini level after you have received the whistle item so that you can destroy the forest boss.

balbados
11-27-2005, 08:59 AM
the thread above also mention lvl 2 saber from secret facility, can tell me where it is i can't find it thanks

Petoe
11-27-2005, 05:12 PM
the thread above also mention lvl 2 saber from secret facility, can tell me where it is i can't find it thanks
Secret Facility... yeah, that's a good place to go since you get the Lv2 Light Saber from there. To get there, just follow the main road and go to the western part of the overworld. You should come to a lake and a broken bridge. When you come to the bridge, go 1 screen back to east to a screen where you see another dome building, but ignore it for now and go 1 screen to north. In that screen there's that red warp portal. Step on it and you'll be warped to the secret mini-level.
But beware, the level is quite tough so you should have at least the Silver Armor before going there...

balbados
11-28-2005, 08:11 AM
i need help with the lvl 3 mini boss the fire pot also i can't seem to find keycard to go to the room in lvl 3 where there are 6 spinning saw and 4 skeleton and a locked keycard door just above the green slime room where i have to defeat all the enemy in the slime room to open the door to the north. I only find keycard lying in lvl 2 where it is completely surrounded by white wall that i cannot bom. thanks

Petoe
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Ok, the Lv3 mini boss can be tough. Some tips for you: Don't panic during the boss fight, instead try to move slowly and very carefully so that the flames don't surprise you and hurt you. When the whole floor is flaming and the boss opens his mouth and exposes his tongue, shoot it with anything you got ( missiles, megabuster, or even the boomerang should work) as fast as you can to do some damage.

To find more keycards, go to the southeast corner of DECK 2 and bomb the cracked part in the wall to get to a secret room with a keycard. Then go north as long as you can and you should see a cracked crate and the letters L2 on the wall. Blow up the crate and go down the stairs to DECK 1. There are 2 keycards on the first deck.

I hope that helps.

balbados
11-28-2005, 07:07 PM
i tried to shoot it but trying to move to up position to shoot its tongue takes quite sometime for me and the boss shoot those nasty fire shot and i got pushed back into the flames... hmm this is difficult one anyway is the two space below the boss is the only position to shoot at him cause its hard to make a turn to face him without moving from those empty space....
2nd: in zelda there use to be extra shield that can hold against fire shots is there one sold in megamen too? thanks

Petoe
11-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh, no shields in a MegaMan game, sorry.

But have you tried using the Shadow Blade (boomerang item) against the boss? I don't remember if it works, but if it doesn't, then shoot those missiles at the bosses tongue as fast as you can before the boss closes his mouth. It's a tough boss and you just have to keep trying. I wish there was some super trick to beat the boss easily but there isn't other than the "move slowly and carefully" tip...

But if you haven't found the one extra keycard from the Skull Man statue cave near Dr.Light's lab then you can go get that keycard and skip the boss.

balbados
11-29-2005, 07:09 AM
i get that keycard already so i can skip that boss without missing anything special? so the purpose of defeating that mini boss is to gain a keycard only? but wait so whats the purpose of the extra keycard that i got from skull man for?

balbados
11-29-2005, 08:19 AM
update: i finally defeat the fire pot boss after gesh 30 times i think ok now i am stuck in floor 3 i manage to get 1 keycard in the big maze room and use it to open the locked door to the south after that i cannot open the next locked door cause i did not found another keycard ( note i dun want to use the extra keycard from skull man = dunno whats this extra keycard for any ideas?)

mr.Descer
11-29-2005, 10:38 AM
The extra keycard is just what the name suggests: an extra bonus keycard. :P I'm sure Petoe added it in case some players missed some of the important main keycards. But you are smart for not using the extra key yet balbados! :thumbsup: Try to keep it as long as you can and use it only if there's no other option.

About floor 3, you have to get to the northern part of the floor since there are 2 keycards there. You see those grey blocks there? That means there's a keycard in that screen.

balbados
11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
great now i reach the lvl 3 boss but can't find out how to kill it? i use missile and aim straight at him but no luck i tried using saber but seem no effect need help here. thanks

mr.Descer
11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
The level 3 must have the hardest bosses in the game. ;)
After you kill the MATES (the pirate robots) the boss starts shooting ya and the walls start shooting lasers. Avoid those lasers at any cost because they hurt you more than the bosses' fireballs. Don't try to go too close to the boss or he just reveals his long spikes and you cannot damage him. When he is shooting you, just shoot missiles or megabuster shots at his bottom part as fast as you can and the boss starts calling out traps to hurt you. Just ignore the traps and run to the bosses lower body and slash it with your Lightsaber to kill it!

balbados
11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
i dun think i found any heart container in lvl 3 there is none isn't it. i need some cofirmation and lvl 4 should be at the mountain above the tanjin village right.

mooshki
11-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I am stuck in the Factory. I made it to B1, but can't figure out how to get past the second room. Any advice? (The more explicit the better. :) )

My thoughts/opinions so far:

My favorite level so far was the ?Dome. I love mazes, and the level was like a giant, complex maze. My least favorite part was the "Accuracy" game. I found it very frustrating, because it seemed like the only way to hit the targets in time was by sheer luck. I had to play about 50 times to beat it. Maybe there was some technique I didn't think of.

I love all the caves and sewers -- they are long enough to be interesting but not so long they get tedious.

I like the difficulty level overall. Some sections (like the one where you get the L2 saber) are at the edge of my abilities, but I always seem to make it through just before I'm about ready to give up.

I love the variety in the graphics of the game. Different sections have a completely different feel, so I don't get bored. (I haven't played MegaMan, so I don't know what comes from that.)

My favorite quests are the ones that are more like puzzles than combat games, so this is exactly my cup of tea. I've been playing it obsessively for over a week. Petoe, you must be obsessive too to have spent the amount of time it must have taken to produce this. I'm very glad you did, thank you!

Petoe
11-30-2005, 10:57 PM
i dun think i found any heart container in lvl 3 there is none isn't it. i need some cofirmation and lvl 4 should be at the mountain above the tanjin village right.

There are no heart container pieces (LEPs in this game) in the ship, so feel free to beat the level and move on.

The 4th level is not anywhere near the Lapin Village as you maybe thought. Yhe 4th level is the broken dome in the southwestern part of the overworld. You can only get to that level through the sewers.

Petoe
11-30-2005, 11:02 PM
I am stuck in the Factory. I made it to B1, but can't figure out how to get past the second room. Any advice? (The more explicit the better. :) )

My thoughts/opinions so far:

My favorite level so far was the ?Dome. I love mazes, and the level was like a giant, complex maze. My least favorite part was the "Accuracy" game. I found it very frustrating, because it seemed like the only way to hit the targets in time was by sheer luck. I had to play about 50 times to beat it. Maybe there was some technique I didn't think of.

I love all the caves and sewers -- they are long enough to be interesting but not so long they get tedious.

I like the difficulty level overall. Some sections (like the one where you get the L2 saber) are at the edge of my abilities, but I always seem to make it through just before I'm about ready to give up.

I love the variety in the graphics of the game. Different sections have a completely different feel, so I don't get bored. (I haven't played MegaMan, so I don't know what comes from that.)

My favorite quests are the ones that are more like puzzles than combat games, so this is exactly my cup of tea. I've been playing it obsessively for over a week. Petoe, you must be obsessive too to have spent the amount of time it must have taken to produce this. I'm very glad you did, thank you!

Hey, thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated! And I especially love to read what levels and bosses people like/dislike... after all, I used almost 3 years working hard on this game.

About the Factory, uhh... agh, where are my designs when I need them!?!
Well, I don't remember what was in the 2nd room of B1, but the B1 floor is the part underwater, right? Uhh, I really don't know what to say now, but if you cannot figure it out by yourself then I can take a look at the quest myself and tell you the solution. ;)

EDIT - Oh wait, in the north part of theunderwater B1 floor there's a switch which opens a shutter. But to reach the switch you have to find another access to B1 from F1.

EDIT 2 - Oops, I double posted. I'm really sorry and ashamed mods. I just clicked the quote button in a hurry. It won't happen again...

mooshki
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the help. From previous messages in the thread I got the impression there was some way to get past the poison/acid in that room, so I had been stuck there. I went back to F1 and found a puddle I hadn't dived in yet, and am now exploring B3, B4 and so on.

I love the complexity and sheer hugeness of these levels. Keeps me entertained for hours!

Pineconn
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Whoo! Man! This game is incredible! I got through the Isodome, the Forest, and Secret Facility, I must say I have NO idea where to go. Just pretend that I just got the Ocarina. I need help finding Level 3, or at least "Triforce Dungeon 3" (since they're technically not "levels"). Any suggestions/hints?

Petoe
12-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Whoo! Man! This game is incredible! I got through the Isodome, the Forest, and Secret Facility, I must say I have NO idea where to go. Just pretend that I just got the Ocarina. I need help finding Level 3, or at least "Triforce Dungeon 3" (since they're technically not "levels"). Any suggestions/hints?

All right, I try to offer my guidance to you.

The so called "3rd level" in this game is called m/s Mariel. It's a luxury cruiser at MegaCity Harbor. You can get to the ship only by going through sewers. Go to the sewer access that is one screen south from the MegaCity Lab (In the northwest corner). Just go through the sewers by following the quite linear path and move the block with your Power Chip power.

Since you have the Silver Armor and L2 Shadow Blade, the ship should almost be a walk in the park, but the bosses are maybe the hardest in the whole game... at least that's what people say. ;)

Heat Man
12-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Peeetoe. I'm still missing one statue. I've found: Cut Man, Fire Man, Metal Man, Quick Man, Gemini Man, Skull Man, Pharaoh Man, Gravity Man and Napalm Man. What is the missing statue and where it is? :)

Petoe
12-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Ooops, sorry I haven't noticed your post. The missing statue is Shadow Man, but believe it or not I have lost the statue myself as well. I can't believe I don't remember where I put it... :shrug:

Oh and nice news for people strugling with MMDWR DC, on PureZC a nice person named Jish made some really greeat maps for the game. You can see them all here: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=8129&st=390#entry209773

Heat Man
12-24-2005, 08:10 AM
You, the quest creator, don't know where you placed one of those statues? JHa ha... erm, sorry.

Anyway those maps kick ass. Why weren't they created earlier? Would have been more helpful...I dunno, a year ago? ;) Nah, just kidding. Nice job by the jish fellow.

Petoe
12-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I suck don't I. I'm starting to wonder if I forgot to add the whole statue... that'd be embarrassing... <_<

Heat Man
12-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey, mistakes happen to even the best of us. ;)

Petoe
12-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh really? :rolleyes:

But I thought I was perfect...! *sniff*

xcyper33
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Um I dont know where the montain is.. from Dr. Light's lab where can I find it? and how do I get there? Also, In the forest, I came to a boss at the area that has a whole bunch of ladders. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to beat. it seems like you cant even HURT it. What do I DO!?

Petoe
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Um I dont know where the montain is.. from Dr. Light's lab where can I find it? and how do I get there? Also, In the forest, I came to a boss at the area that has a whole bunch of ladders. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to beat. it seems like you cant even HURT it. What do I DO!?

You can't get up to the mountains if you haven't obtained the item called "Power Chip" yet (yo get the item from the second level: Iso Dome). And to beat the Forest boss you have to get the Protoman's Whistle (that one is also obtainable only after you get the power chip). So if you have the Triforce from the Power Station then head to Iso Dome. And remember to byu Energy-Tanks if you have ran out of them. Those can save your life many times. ;)

xcyper33
01-09-2006, 03:33 AM
You can't get up to the mountains if you haven't obtained the item called "Power Chip" yet (yo get the item from the second level: Iso Dome). And to beat the Forest boss you have to get the Protoman's Whistle (that one is also obtainable only after you get the power chip). So if you have the Triforce from the Power Station then head to Iso Dome. And remember to byu Energy-Tanks if you have ran out of them. Those can save your life many times. ;)

Where is the ISO Dome Pete? And thanks for answering me.

I have a proporsition for you. I'm a profesional flash artist and I can seriously do awsome cutscenes (with sprites) for your movies if ya want. Just AIM me at Xcyper33

mr.Descer
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I'm no Pete but I can tell you where Isodome is. ;)
Go to the northeastern corner of the overworld. There is a sewer access there. Go thru the sewers and when youre back on the surface, the Isodome is right there in the north from the sewer access. You cannot miss it!

Petoe
01-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a proporsition for you. I'm a profesional flash artist and I can seriously do awsome cutscenes (with sprites) for your movies if ya want. Just AIM me at Xcyper33

Hmm... what movies do you mean? ZC cutscenes or flash movies as advertisements of the quest or something? :)

Petoe
01-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh, almost forgot to post this here too. Pictures tell more than thousand words, or that's what they say:

MMDWR DC Maps (http://s14.invisionfree.com/MegaCity/index.php?showtopic=35)

WARNING: Contains some spoilers.

It's still okay to ask questions though. ;)

mr.Descer
01-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Are you going to make the rest of the maps too, or do you need my help again? :p