PDA

View Full Version : Driving Test Tomorrow:

ShadowTiger
10-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Okay. Yikes. My Driving test is tomorrow, and while I'm a fairly good driver, (My Driving tutor/teacher repeatedly informs me of that, but I don't believe him.) I still despise driving. Every time I have to drive, I instantly feel sick to my stomach. Every time I have to drive, a little part of me dies inside. Every time I have to drive, I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. I mean, even the day before it, I feel as nervous as if I'm in the car, with many cars barreling down the streets toward and around me, all blocking my way into the left land with the driving proctor yelling "Get into the left lane now or you FAIL!" ... *Shivers*

And I haven't even gotten in an accident yet! O_O

I mean damn, man!

.. Any advice? Even if it's just for the test. Many, many people have constantly tried to tell me to stop being afraid, but that just doesn't work. It's like telling me to "just not stutter" if I have a speech impediment to solve the problem. Amazing how that doesn't work, huh.

So how should I behave? Will there be any tricks or anything the person will pull on me or something? ... Thanks for the tips, guys. :)

carrot red
10-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Good luck, BH4.

I don't know about any advice because I don't share your feelings, I love driving. I love being behind the wheel and I *feel* the car, (I asked a friend to explain to me in detail what's under the hood.) I feel totally free and relaxed when I drive (though not when I'm in a traffic jam and late.) I do speed, but haven't gotten any ticket yet. I have a Honda Civic, 95 and I can't wait to get my own four-wheel.

goKi
10-28-2004, 05:23 PM
.. Any advice?

I'd be that scared too if i drove on the right everytime i got in my car.

Pablo
10-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Just take into account the fact that you have a perfect driving record and are told by someone knowledgable that you're an excellent driver whenever you're nervous. Maybe try asking your family for help.

ShadowTiger
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Just take into account the fact that you have a perfect driving record and are told by someone knowledgable that you're an excellent driver whenever you're nervous.... owned, Pablo. :shakeno: That is very helpful. Thanks. I just wonder why I keep denying it. Maybe I'm too overcautious. (You would think that would be a good thing. o_O )

Ganonator
10-28-2004, 10:39 PM
You're 18, and are just taking your driving test? Oh, the insanity.

Just make sure you know how to work all of the lights in your car, go slow over bumps (including railroad crossings), and even if you can't parallel park, act like you can.

You'll do fine, bud!

ShadowTiger
10-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Ah, thanks Russ. :) I have heard (From many, many sources.) that they're all looking for confidence. A confident driver is both a good driver, and more likely to trust their abilities, rather than mistrust the other cars on the road, leading to a paradoxical state where people believe you're not a good driver when you're just looking out for your own safety on the road system of utter chaos. Dandy.

SixTen
10-28-2004, 11:12 PM
The driving guys are usually fairly calm. It's easy. Just relax and dont speed. My worst was parrallel parking. Once I got through that I was fine.

Drunken Tiger
10-29-2004, 02:13 AM
Stay under the speed and just let everyone pass you.. ;) Then you wont be scared of hitting anyone else.. Make sure you scan the road HEAPS!! :)

Good luck !

btw.. are you taking manual or auto ??

ShadowTiger
10-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Heh. Darned if I know. It's probably an auto. (If I've ever been in a stickshift, I assume someone would have told me. :shrug: )

And the Driving Test, is in TWO HOURS! :eek: Though I'm having a practice driving session first with the teacher from the driving school I'm taking lessons from, and then he'll drive me there in his Dual-Brakes equipped car. Not bad. I hear they make the Road Test proctor a bit less nervous. :P

SixTen
10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
I took my test in an automatic, and learned stick on my own afterwards. I thought I'd never get the hang of it...but you get used to it.

Dark_jester1587
10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
i have advice...dont eat yellow snow...and if your close to the drvers license facility after 10 minutes of driving...assume to turn towards it...

goKi
10-29-2004, 05:59 PM
I failed my first drivers test.. The reason, i broke a road rule to avoid an accident caused by another driver. So expect them to be nazis.

Drunken Tiger
10-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Strange.. He hasnt came back yet.. Either hes out partying.. or god forbid.. in the hospital... -_-''

btw goki, that happend to my friend.. When i took the test... i had to slow down for 80km to 40km in nothing more than 50m... Lucky the examiner wasnt looking at the speedo... :)

Rainman
10-30-2004, 04:28 AM
Hah! I've got them figured out. You have to go there and take the test to fail. I've beat the system by doing neither. :evil: Yea I know, I'm crafty.

ShadowTiger
10-30-2004, 07:21 PM
:rofl: ...Heh.

Well, I've got some interesting news, folks. ... I passed. (First time taking the Road Test.) With a 100% Accuracy rating, apparently. ... I also finished on a near perfect slant to the curb. :sweat: Amazing. So thanks for the tips, all. :)

Drunken Tiger
10-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Congrats... Now is your REAL freedom... =)

ShadowTiger
10-31-2004, 10:46 AM
Freedome to crash into a car. :sweat: ... I mean, er... Heh, Thanks! :kawaii: Yeah, hopefully I'll eventually get to go to an AGN Con one of these days. Until then, I'll still be taking the bus to school, (You get to study, it's only $4 a DAY, which is pretty darn good, and you can sleep there as well. And you don't have to concentrate on the road, or get stuck in heavy traffic, or find a parking spot, and you develop leg muscles.) Driving to school would have virtually none of those advantages, except maybe take 15-30 minutes less. :shrug: That's pretty much it. :sweat: Otherwise, I'll just be driving my misc family members places, such as to the local Gamestop / EB Games, (I swear, they change their name every week! :odd: ) and to the library. All quite enjoyable. Yay me. Thanks again DT. ;) :highfive:

GoodGirl
12-14-2004, 07:18 PM
BH4, I am GONNA MAKE IT WORTH while for you to drive.

You are new GoodGirl (Even though I am actually a 17 year old boy) and you did not pass drivers education so what can you say?

I can say this you are probably worried about blind spots right, well assume people are in your blind spots all the time and plan ahead & (and) if you need to use the phone, eat or drink drink or eat, eat, drink, do anything else that (th@) requires you to be off the wheel STOP AND PULL over.

WHEN THE holidays come, happy holidays.

BUT REMEMBER NEVER DRINK, EAT, DRINK & EAT OR EAT & DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE DRIVING IT'S (IT IS) ILLEGAL & WAIT AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER YOU EAT, DRINK, EAT & DRINK OR DRINK & EAT ALCOHOL!!!