PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Win!!!

MrCow
10-28-2004, 12:55 AM
THEY DID IT... THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!

I'm in complete shock. just absolute shock.

phattonez
10-28-2004, 12:57 AM
There was a story in SI or some other thing about how this kid was hit by a home run ball at Fenway, and it turned out he lived where Babe Ruth used to live. Red Sox fans were saying that this meant the curse was over. I guess they were right.

MrCow
10-28-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm seriously in shock.. yankees are dead.. gone from sight... they are now the cursed.

Rainman
10-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Yah, I heard.

Countdown till movie...

MrCow
10-28-2004, 01:16 AM
they broke tons of records too... longest game in the post season... twice... most runs scored in the post season... first team to force a game 7 coming from being down 3-0 in a series.... first team to win a series after being down 3-0.... WON 8 GAMES IN A ROW, most ever in the post season.. just so much more too...

mikeron
10-28-2004, 01:19 AM
Who cares? The Orion Slave Girls are coming back friday on Enterprise.

EDIT: Perhaps that was a bit rash. This is a good thing because Red Sox fans can finally stop brooding all the time. Bitches.

Lilith
10-28-2004, 01:23 AM
I'm <3in it! I wish I could have seen it, but someone was taking up my full attention -_-

King Link
10-28-2004, 12:17 PM
At least those boring, unbelievably talented (not this year) Yankees didn't win again. I was hoping St. Louis might just win the World Series though.

Oh well.

Ganonator
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Totally cool. MrCow and I were hanging in chat and every 5 minutes we'd have some sort of update for what happened, including tons of "3 OUTS LEFT", etc.

If the Yankees never won the world series again, i'd be seriously happy.

Manny
10-28-2004, 04:45 PM
man oh man. it was destiny. there are so many coincidences, makes you wonder. the red sox are the 18th team to sweep a world series. 1918 was our last world series victory. it was 86 years since our last world series win. 1986 is the last time we blew it. This is the 100th world series. We were the first team to win the world series (as the Boston Pilgrims) and now we win the 100th. We beat our rivals, and the cardinals who've bested us 2 worlds series past. All during a Lunar Eclipse. It's over. I still can't belive it. And the only thing going through my mind is "now what?" this was our year and I believe this was the best baseball will ever get.
for 86 years we fought. for 86 years everyone said we were cursed. after every painstaking, heartbreaking loss, it was always "there's always next year"
but now.. well we did it
-manny