PDA

View Full Version : A contest, of sorts.

Orion
10-27-2004, 03:01 PM
After staring at the Z3 enemy tiles for awhile, I realized that I'm not terribly happy with all of them. Most of them are old (done about 2-3 years ago with me just moving pixels over to get them to fit), and could really be a lot more accurate.

So, my challenge: I would like to encourage people to go back and re-draw some of the enemies for Z3. If I find that any of them are more accurate and improve over the ones currently found in the set, I will stick them in. I'll set a deadline of oh, say, November 30th.

Here's what I'm looking for:
New, hand-drawn nemy tiles that fit within the 16x16 constraints while remaining accurate to their LTTP counterparts and using the same palettes found in the tileset.

There are some that don't need to be redone because they are pretty much ripped straight from the game, but some of them could be:

-keese (more accurate flying animation?)

-gibdos (I think they are okay but it doesn't hurt to see them redone)

-pols voice (these were taken from the BS set I believe, and I would like to see some completely new versions of them)

-armos (LW and DW), these are Warlock's original armos from newfirst and something new may be in order

-peahats (again ripped from the BS set, maybe a new version for them?)

-tektites (same as gibdos)

-goriyas

-moblins (maybe include the spears from LTTP?)

-stalfos

-darknuts (redrawn, but I'd like to keep the same variations on helmet styles and swords vs. tridents)

-wizzrobes

-regular patra (again, still uses BS. Something new?)

-bs patra (I know the LTTP version kinda puffs in and out a bit (play the game and you'll see what i mean), whereas the version in hte set is static. Maybe someone could tackle that)

-manhandela (something completely new)

-bs dodongos (something compeltely new, maybe a variation on the smaller ones)

-gleeok 2 (more accurate to the trinexx from Z3)

-lynels

Theres also a lot of blank spaces left for some of the new enemies, I'd like to see something done for those as well.

So... if anyone has so spare time and would like to give it a shot, go for it. If I like them, I'll stick them in.

ShadowTiger
10-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Hm. And where would you say would we be able to get images of these enemies? ( I mean, is there a collective archive of them somewhere? ) I've never really been a big fan of the Z3 enemies, .. but I certainly don't mean that in the negative way most people would either. I already have an idea for the Armor knights. ;) (Similar to the Wind Waker hopping ones. The hopping will be easy. :odd: )

And what would you like for the Pols Voice enemies anyway? I don't remember any in Z3.

And I think virtually every other enemy is just fine! O_o .. The Stalfos look particularly accurate at that. The Darknuts have too much detail to cram in any more than what's already there, ... so I really think most of the enemies (Keese included) are just fine. .. The Trinexx would be the challenge though. ;) (Particulary since you can't have his ice version.)

Orion
10-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Hm. And where would you say would we be able to get images of these enemies? ( I mean, is there a collective archive of them somewhere? ) I've never really been a big fan of the Z3 enemies, .. but I certainly don't mean that in the negative way most people would either. I already have an idea for the Armor knights. ;) (Similar to the Wind Waker hopping ones. The hopping will be easy. :odd: )

I'm looking more for things that pretty closely resemble LTTP, so I'm not sure how close the Wind Waker armos would be. It might be harder to get any closer than Warlock's.

And what would you like for the Pols Voice enemies anyway? I don't remember any in Z3.

They never appeared in LTTP. I don't have a problem with the ones currently there, but I'd like to see what else people can come up with.

And I think virtually every other enemy is just fine! O_o .. The Stalfos look particularly accurate at that. The Darknuts have too much detail to cram in any more than what's already there, ... so I really think most of the enemies (Keese included) are just fine. .. The Trinexx would be the challenge though. ;) (Particulary since you can't have his ice version.)

Some of them I feel are a little rough around the edges. A lot of them are fun, but it can't hurt to see what other people can do. I'm just doing this to see if people can make them any better than they are now. I'm not guaranteeing I'll replace all of them.