PDA

View Full Version : Public mirrors for quests/tileshop/qdb

Belgarath
10-26-2004, 03:13 PM
I have noticed from reading many of the posts on the forum that many of you need a quick solution to having a place your tilesets and such can be downloaded from.

While I cant offer a 2ghz server on a dedicated OC line I would like to extend a limited use invitation to the zc community to use my archive server.

I say 'limited invitation' as I want to have a sort of quality control. That being said I would be more comfortable with hosting the work of experienced quest creators rather then the work of a first timer or neophyte simply because with more experience comes a better quality game.

So if you have made more then a few quests and can get a voucher from a higher ranking AGN community member in the form of a ‘yes this persons work will be worth hosting', let me know and I would be happy to provide a mirror of your quests.

I understand that the qdb/tileshop is what this is for; But I also know I can get quests online faster once I have a list and I am told the db is slow to get new quests online.

Also I have no problem with pulling quests from my mirror that are not up to par so I figure if someone goes through the trouble of getting on this list they will do all they can to keep on it by not making crap.

I’m also thinking about a automated way people can manage uploads, but for now I’m doing it this way.

Also: Is there any way I can get a copy of the tileshops data, everything in one download? And the same for the quest database? I have about 40 gigs on the archive server not being used…

Eckels
10-26-2004, 05:59 PM
I am told the db is slow to get new quests online.

You're very misinformed.