PDA

View Full Version : Good Games

Cloral
10-24-2004, 03:30 AM
It's coming time for me to pick up another game. Any good suggestions for either PS2 or GC?

fatcatfan
10-24-2004, 09:08 AM
I've thoroughly enjoyed Pikmin 2, but if you want to wait a few weeks, Metroid Prime Echoes should be available. And I think Paper Mario 2 is out, if you like that sort of thing.

Yoshiman
10-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Silent Hill 3 for PS2 is a pretty neat survival horror game, if you don't mind the disturbing nature of it.

Tales of Symphonia for GCN, if you haven't picked it up yet.

I really can't think of any others, right now.

NESLolo32
10-24-2004, 10:30 AM
For PS2, definitly Gradius V. It's a really good game for I think a cheap price.

me2
10-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Is Silent Hill 4 out yet? If it is, get that. Akira Yamaoka's work is so awesome. Gradius V too. And Kingdom Hearts 2.

Grasshopper
10-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Is Silent Hill 4 out yet? If it is, get that. Akira Yamaoka's work is so awesome.

Yes, it is, but I think some of the songs on the american OST for Silent Hill 4 sound really terrible. One comes to mind... Waverer Slide Mix.

But as for the game, I think its my least favorite in the series. I think Silent Hill 1,2, and 3 are much better.

vegeta1215
10-24-2004, 01:14 PM
I've thoroughly enjoyed Pikmin 2, but if you want to wait a few weeks, Metroid Prime Echoes should be available. And I think Paper Mario 2 is out, if you like that sort of thing.

I actually plan on getting all three of those games :D

Like Yoshiman said, Tales of Symphonia is a terrific game. Plus, I've seen it on sale at many places for only $35! Also, a lot of games have become player's choice games on the Gamecube and are only $20 now.

ShadowTiger
10-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Naw. Forget PS2 / GCN. The PC's where it's at. :p You've got Half Life 2, Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne, Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2, (AWESOME games. Never underestimate them.) There's Deus Ex 1 & 2, (You have no idea what you're missing if you don't play these. It's... absurd, not to play them.) ... There's Freelancer, (The best damn space Drama / economics sim in the world. :thumbsup: ) Shoot for those games, and you'll need a towel to catch the drool.

idontknow
10-24-2004, 03:33 PM
I strongly suggest you wait a few weeks before you spend your money on currrent games, as November seems to be a popular month for new releases; in addition, there are plenty of games to put on your holiday wish list for December. Here's just a small list of examples of the very many games to soon be released, with release dates included:

1) Mario Power Tennis--11/08
2) Mario Party 6--12/06
3) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes--11/15
4) GoldenEye: Rogue Agent--11/17
5) Baten Kaitos--12/05
6) GTA: San Andreas--10/25
7) Call of Duty: Finest Hour--11/16
8) Lord of the Rings: The Third Age--11/02
9) Need for Speed Underground 2--11/15

Here's a breif list of new releases that you may be interested in buying:
1) Paper Mario 2
2) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
3) Tony Hawk's Underground 2
4) Mortal Combat: Deception
5) NBA Live 2005
6) NCAA 2005
7) Fifa Soccer 2005
8) Donkey Konga

Feasul
10-24-2004, 03:43 PM
I think it's mostly been said, but here's my list of games I'm not going to buy but look really good. (Foolish brother, if it were MY Gamecube :angry: ):
Metroid Echoes [GCN]
Paper Mario 2 [GCN]
Anyone know when Resident Evil 4 [GCN] is coming out?
World of Warcraft [PC] (I'm gonna get the open beta, IF I like it enough I may break through my cheapness and pay the monthly fee)
Then the DS of course, I'm probably gonna wait to get that, I'm not made of money. But when I do get it, MP Hunters comes free with it and I'm gonna get Mario 64 X 4.

DarkDragoonX
10-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Sometime in November, Working Designs is releasing Growlanser Generations on the PS2. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is nothing short of spectacular, and (if you're REALLY patient), in Q1 2005 (probably in February) Conspiracy Games is releasing Phantasy Star Trilogy (contains the PS2 remakes of Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4).

Cloral
10-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Graius V sounds interesting, I was a fan of Life Force in the days of the NES. Is it widely available? I don't recall seeing it at my local EB last time I was there.

ToS was a good game (regardless of what Tycho may have said), and I am planning on getting Echoes when that ships. But I am getting to the end of Star Ocean and want something else to play until then. Gradius should do nicely if I can find it.

edit:
Well, they had it. It just wasn't on the shelves so I had to ask.